Thurston Auto Sales

29 reviews

Read reviews that mention:

September 7, 2015

We drove up from Ft Lauderdale to part exchange our old Mercedes and purchase a RV. We had looked on line and decided we liked their inventory so we would... drive up to see if we could do a deal. Glenn the sales associate gave us a tour of the RVs and when we told him we had never driven one before he was only too glad to give us as much information as he could to help us make a decision on what to buy. Glenn gave us lots of info about operating a RV. He really took the time to help us and made the process very easy. He was very professional and efficient. His after sales service has been superb and I would have no hesitation of recommending Thurston Auto Sales and in particular Glenn Cone RV Specialist.

February 7, 2015

My husband and I had been looking for a larger SUV for our growing family. When we finally found one we both really liked, it was at Thurstons Auto Sales.... We read the reviews and were immediately headed to go look at the vehicle. The reviews you see here are spot on! Rich and his entire staff were not only professional and did not come off as "pushy" in anyway, they were extremely knowledgeable and helpful. Rich even took the time to make sure that something on the vehicle that worked fine when we did the test drive but had been acting up a couple days prior was not still an issue. You just don't find that kind of integrity and honesty anymore. They were extremely fair on pricing for our trade in and the vehicle we purchased. This was by far the best car buying experience we have ever had. We are customers for life! If you are looking to purchase- this is your place!!

January 30, 2015

Looked at a lot of used Mercedes RVs. They were advertised to be clean but we were disappointed with their condition upon viewing them. Found Thurston... Auto Sales on the RV trader. After attending the RV show we drove 2 hours to see their offering. My Wife and I we pleasantly surprised to find this rig was everything they had said it was. Super clean, and low mileage. Glenn Cone the RV specialist went through all the systems and showed how every thing worked. Rich Thurston made the purchase smooth and enjoyable. We will definitely recommend Thurston Auto Sales to anyone we know who is looking for clean used vehicles.

October 10, 2014

Mr. Rich Thurston rewrites the definition of a used car salesman: too bad he can't school others on how to do it right. Nearly 2 weeks after my first contact... with him, I am still telling everyone I know about my experience. To start off, the vehicle I was shown was as described on the webpage. I had visited 6 dealerships before and with not a single one did I get to the stage of test driving a truck because just on inspection I found problems (mud/grit inside the headlight lenses; mismatching VIN numbers on the quarter panels; vehicle *not* on the lot just 30 min after I had confirmed on the phone that I was coming to see it; mileage not as claimed; missing catalytic converter; and... my personal favorite --> SEA SALT under the rear seat) So you can imagine my skepticism when I drove 1 1/2 hr to look at the truck. I found some minor issues that Rich was happy to take care of before I took possession of the vehicle and we agreed on a price. We stayed in touch via email and texts and when I was able to get back, I was expecting smooth sailing and it was - until we got to his bank to deposit my payment check. This is when things get even more interesting... Because it was a business purchase, the Cashier's Check had the business name and due to the large amount it was drawn for, his bank required a signature guarantee from *my* bank... that is 1 1/2 hrs away (I use a small local bank for the personal service I get). NOW WHAT?!?!!! I've turned in my rental vehicle and I'm supposed to be at a job site in 40 minutes. This is where Mr. Thurston showed what a class act he is: he came up with an arrangement that put the keys in my hand and allowed the full transaction to be completed the next day. What this translates to is to Rich letting me drive the truck off his lot *technically unpaid* for... Sure, he had seen the check and I was to finish everything the next day but how often does a car dealer set WAYYYYY beyond the usual protocol to help his customer? My head had been been revving at high rpms just worrying about the customers that I would be late for, having to go rent another car one way, figuring out when I could come back, the time lag of getting a new check reissued... and Rich solved all those problems with a single gesture... Wow, just... WOW. If you are looking to buy a car just check what he has on inventory and if anything on his lot may serve your purposes, go look at it - you will not waste your time and your expectations will be surpassed.

December 15, 2013

We were looking to trade our vehicle and returned to this dealership This will be our third truck purchased /traded from this dealership It is very satisfying... to shop for a vehicle without the pressure and tactics normaly found at a dealership Rich Thurston is very profesional and curtious If you are looking for a car or truck please check out his website or stop by his store We will definitly return to Rich should we need another vehicle

November 10, 2013

We recently purchased a used F250 Superduty truck from Thurston's. My husband found the truck online on Friday, called Rich on Saturday morning, and by... Saturday afternoon, we were traveling home to Tampa in our "new" truck. We had read all the reviews prior to driving from Tampa to Oakland and our experience matched the reviews read. Rich, as well as his family and employees, were easygoing, accommodating, and friendly. No uncomfortable pushiness masked by overt solicitousness. We were offered upfront a fair price for the truck and our trade-in. We left knowing that when our son is of driving age and desires to spend his hard earned money to purchase a vehicle, we will be making the trip to Oakland again.

September 3, 2013

Bought and traded in my old car. Drove from Lakeland and it was well worth the trip. Rich was very nice, pleasant and not pushy. Negotiations were fair... and smooth. Quickest transaction I've ever made! The new car was in excellent shape. I would highly recommend this dealer to anyone. Wish all were like this. Thanks Rich!

August 5, 2013

Contact Rich online over email as well as several other dealers and Rich was quick to respond and had put forth a great price. I compared with other dealers... - went back and forth with others and settled on Rich's truck. We did everything over email, I got to the dealership and was in and out in 15 minutes. Truck is as described and the deal was just as stated.. No surprises of any kind. I would defiantly recommend Thurston Auto Sales and I will always check their webpage in the future for good deals.

June 12, 2013

John from Casselberry. I had the best experience from anyone I have ever purchased a vehicle from. Rich Thurston maybe one of the best sales people I have... ever met. Rich is the best at what he does. The sales experience was total class, I got a way better truck than I had originally planned for. My new truck is superior in every way. Rich Thurston has a fine attention to detail, when it comes to sales (buying process), customer service, and integrity. The Thurston facility is top notch and showcases the vehicles in a professional yet warm and connecting way. I am a extremely happy with my purchase at Thurston's and will be back for future purchases.

June 4, 2013

Awsome experience, definitly love my car ! Rich took care of everything didnt have any problems and was in and out with a new vehicle in a few hours. Everyone... in the building was helpful and attentive.