AutoNation Honda Dulles

New (877) 749-8842 (877) 749-8842
Used (877) 748-6010 (877) 748-6010
Service (877) 755-0654 (877) 755-0654

(3,355 reviews)

A dealership's rating is based on all of their reviews, with more weight given to recent reviews. Includes reviews of AutoNation Honda Dulles from DealerRater.

1.0

On March 30th, my niece and I visited the AutoNation

On March 30th, my niece and I visited the AutoNation Honda (Dulles) dealership. Before the visit, we requested quotes from three local dealers for the Honda 2024 Civic LX and negotiated the rate, terms and conditions, and payment options. We liked what we heard from Jonathan (sales rep from AutoNation) and tentatively agreed to a 3-year lease on the vehicle. We went there at 1.55 pm (EST) local time. Upon arrival, we were told that Civic LX 2024 was not available with them. Jonathan’s manager (Garret) stated that the online quote shouldn’t have provided any numbers or vehicle availability, and it was a mistake on their part. He asked if we could consider leasing Civic Sport instead with a minor increase in the price. After a few rounds of discussion, we agreed on the price. They started to do the paperwork with multiple rounds, signatures, and mistakes (mileage, payment information, name spelled wrong, etc.). Finally, we got all the paperwork signed, and they asked us to wait for the finance manager to complete the transaction. We waited over an hour, and still no sign of any movement. Finally, at 6 pm EST, the sales manager stated that there were more than 6 or 9 people ahead of us for the finance manager to review, and it was better to come the next day (Sunday) around 11 am. Disappointed, we left the place without a vehicle after 4 hours of spending time there. This showed they lacked the appropriate staff and skills to complete the deal promptly. The next day (Easter Sunday), I set aside all my other commitments and decided to bring the vehicle home. I texted Jonathan at 10.30 am to confirm the time. He stated that if we could get there around 11 am, we could finish everything and take the vehicle home. With a lot of excitement, we went there by 11.02 am EST. Jonathan asked us to wait in the lobby so the finance manager could take us in. We waited until 11.15 am, and I asked him the status. He said he didn’t know and that he would check on it. Another 15 mins passed, but no update was provided. Annoyed at the lack of communication and progress, I called Jonathan again at 11.40 am – asking if he wanted us to come back, as there is no point in waiting indefinitely on an Easter Sunday. His manager, Garrett, showed up and said it could be another 15 minutes or 20 minutes before we could be called. He asked us to be patient and said he would check on the status again. While he was still explaining what needed to be done, his manager (I don’t know his name, nor did he care to introduce himself) barged in and said that if we couldn’t wait, he was happy to void the deal, and we could leave. I was shocked by how rude he was. In the meantime, another manager barged in and repeated the same thing. Both of them said that although they appreciate the business, they don’t need my business, and we can leave the premises. I have been part of the Honda family for 20+ years – owned vehicles from Civic, Accord, CRV, MDX, and RDX. I was never treated this way. This is absurd, unacceptable, and bad customer service. I spent over 5 hours (Saturday and Sunday combined) with nothing to show. Immediately after this episode, I called the Honda Dealer at Chantilly and asked if he was willing to help us. We negotiated and agreed on the price. We went to the Honda Chantilly dealership at 12.45 pm and left with the vehicle by 2.45 pm. The entire deal was done in two hours, and we walked out with the vehicle. Jimmy and Tony (the finance manager) were super courteous and professional. That is called customer service and efficiency. The way that AutoNation dealt with us is a testament to their arrogance, inefficiency, and ineffectiveness. This needs to be reviewed by Honda Customer Care Division.

Dealer response

Hi, we regret to hear that you had a negative experience with us, but would appreciate the chance to turn your experience around. Our manager would really like to speak with you more regarding this matter. Please reach out to us at (571) 357-3961. We look forward to hearing from you.

First of all, the dealership is very clean.

First of all, the dealership is very clean. Staff are very helpful and friendly. This past Sunday, Mr. Sam Chowdry and his apprentice helped me to buy a 2024 Honda Accord EX. for my daughter who is going to university this August. Sam is very efficient, quick and very courteous. I would say he is one of main reasons that I am a returning customer to this dealership. So far, since 2001 I have purchased 4 new cars from this dealership. My previous purchase was a 2019 Pilot that we are enjoying very much. Sam helped us with that purchase as well. I am planning to buy a CRV for my other daughter that is graduating from university this May and I already know which dealership and which salesman I will go to.

Dealer response

Hi Kayvan, we are very happy to have provided you with such a positive experience! As one of our valued customers, we want to sincerely thank you for your business and we hope to see you here again down the road!

Sam was amazing, he gave me a great deal and always was

Sam was amazing, he gave me a great deal and always was very informative in each si file step of the purchase

Dealer response

Hello, our staff is dedicated to providing all our guests with outstanding customer service and quality work you can trust! Don't hesitate to call us if you ever need anything. Be safe on the road!

I worked with Wayne Brent in buying my new CRV.

I worked with Wayne Brent in buying my new CRV. He was a pleasure to work with.

Dealer response

Hi, our Staff is dedicated to providing all our guests with outstanding customer service and quality work you can trust! If you ever need anything else from us, please feel free to give us a call or stop by. Have an awesome day!

Service and support top notch at Honda Dulles.

Service and support top notch at Honda Dulles. 👍 We have our mini van service at Honda Dulles and I always ask for and always work with Michael Helmke ..(believe assistant service mgr ) always prompt , professional , polite and courteous, shares every issue , just very thorough. If he isn’t there when you bring your auto in ask for Jorge ( believe he is a mgr too) same sort of excellent customer service. Thank you , Ken R

Dealer response

Hello Ken, we're happy you found our staff to be so supportive during your experience here at AutoNation Honda Dulles. Don't hesitate to call us if you ever need anything. Be safe on the road!

I worked with Mauricio Paz and Garret, who worked as a

I worked with Mauricio Paz and Garret, who worked as a team to listen to my concerns and interests to help my find a car that suited my needs at a fair price. An excellent sales team, and a car that I was delighted to drive home!

Dealer response

Hi Brian, we set high expectations for ourselves so it’s gratifying to hear you had a great experience with us. Don't hesitate to call us if you ever need anything. Be safe on the road!

Honda Civic Purchase

Staff was very helpful and made the process of buying car easier. Good experience overall

Dealer response

Hi Michael, we're happy to hear you had such a positive experience with our team! If you ever need help, just give us a call. Happy motoring!

I had a very good visit at this dealer ship .

I had a very good visit at this dealer ship . The sales man Sam was the best . He helped us with every step . Thank you .

Dealer response

Hi, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. If you ever need help, just give us a call. Happy motoring!

AutoNation Dulles VA

Excellent sales and service experience. Knowledgeable staff who go the extra mile to ensure a great customer experience.

Dealer response

Hi Mark, we are pleased to hear you had such a positive experience with us. Don't hesitate to call us if you ever need anything. Be safe on the road!

Sam Chowdhury made the car leasing very easy and

Sam Chowdhury made the car leasing very easy and Pleasant. He prepared ahead with the information we talked about when I made the appointment. He met my car choice and worked out my financial needs. Couldn’t of ever gone better. Sam was a pleasure to work with. Warm and professional. Also James Quayle had all the finance paperwork together and made the finance process go smooth. He also was warm and professional. This is my 4th Honda. Best car on the market for the price. Liked the warm ending with the gong and meeting the manager.

Dealer response

Hi, thank you for your kind review; we are happy to pass along your comments to the team here at AutoNation Honda Dulles! Feel free to stop by if you ever need any more help.