Ron Tonkin Acura

New (503) 914-4229 (503) 914-4229
Used (503) 914-4249 (503) 914-4249
Service (503) 914-4221 (503) 914-4221

Friendly Faces

I’ve been a customer for years and it never ceases to amaze me, the outstanding customer service - regardless of who I’m working with. In this case, Shelly was my Service Advisor. The moment I arrived, she greeted me at the door with her great smile. I even received a text from Shelly with a video of the technician walking me through his review of my car (filter, tires, etc.)!! Too cool! I anticipated being there for more than an hour but Shelly had me out of there in less than hour. Not to mention, she was so considerate and kind. While I was waiting, the incredible Shawn came over to say hello and ask about the family. As I was leaving, I about tripped over myself when I saw Chad (another amazing and friendly face that used to work in the Service Department) who was standing in the Service area waiting to say bye. I gave a gigantic hug and chatted with him for a few minutes. What an excellent re-hire! Thank you Team Acura for always showing love!

Dealer response

Thanks so much Toc. We are so appreciative of your kind words and acknowledgment of both Shelly and Chad. So proud to have them as part of our Ron Tonkin Acura team. AND we are thrilled to have you as one of our valued and loyal clients. Cheers to you Toc!

Regular Oil Change

My service with Acura has always been excellent. They are very efficient and helpful. I wait in a very comfortable area while my car is being serviced.

Dealer response

Thank you for the Five Star Review Linda! So glad it was an excellent experience. Thank you for being a loyal client. We appreciate you.

Acura purchase and service

Purchased my RSX here in 2002. Still have the car in 2022 and serviced here all these years. Great service and good staff to meet your auto needs.

Dealer response

Thank you for the Five Star Review! The RSX is a great vehicle. So glad we could provide great service to you for many years. Proud to include you as a loyal client.

My contact agent was Ray Armstrong who was absolutely

My contact agent was Ray Armstrong who was absolutely incredible with knowledge and assistantance. I appreciated if I had a question that was new to him that he would find someone who could answer it, The purchase process was smooth and efficient.

Dealer response

Thank you for the Five Star Review! Ray is a great asset to our staff. AND thank you for acknowledging our smooth and efficient sales process! Glad to include you as one of our many happy Ron Tonkin Acura Clients!

I shopped around for a new SUV.

I shopped around for a new SUV. I found Ron Tonkin Acura to be the most professional, courteous and helpful of all of the dealerships I went into. Julian Woods was always ready to spend all the time I needed, but never once used the stereotype car salesman tricks to make me feel pressured to buy. Everyone else that I dealt with were a pleasure to work with.

Dealer response

Thank you for your Five Star Review. I will pass your kind words along to Julian. We work very hard to provide our clients with a comfortable, low stress and friendly experience. Welcome to the Ron Tonkin Acura family of happy clients

Thanks Ron Tonkin Acura!

I had an amazing experience at this dealership! Julian assisted me with the car buying process & could not have done a better job! He had everything ready prior to my arrival, which made the process so quick. I was able to look at my options & be in my new car within 2 hours! He made it such an easy process considering my financial/credit circumstances, and better yet, he made me feel comfortable enough to be truly transparent about everything! I can honestly say whenever I buy another car I will definitely be going back to Julian!

Dealer response

Thank you for the Five Star Review Ireland! AND thank you for the strong endorsement for Julian. Welcome to the Ron Tonkin Acura Family of happy clients. We look forward to serving your automotive needs for many years to come

Knowledgeable answered all my questions and explained all...

Knowledgeable answered all my questions and explained all the forms and showed me all the features of the car will let my friends know so out Ray Armstrong a very understanding salesman liked working with him

Dealer response

Thank you for the your Five Star review! And thank you for the recognition of our knowledgeable staff. Ray is a valued member of our sales team. From our Sales, Parts and Service members, we appreciate you!

Dealer response

Thank you George! Ray Armstrong is a valued member of our Sales team. Pleased your questions where answered and you liked your buying experience. Our entire Sales thanks you for your consideration

1.0

I see all these great reviews, but my experience was not...

I see all these great reviews, but my experience was not great. I spoke to Jullian Woods over the phone asking him if I drove an hour out to Beaverton to for sure buy a 2016 Honda CR-V if he could get my monthly payment to be around 400-450$ with no down payment. He said he would be able to do that and sent me a breakdown of the cost through text, with the final cost being 450$ a month. Then I drive down to Beaverton and try financing the car. He starts the paperwork and he brings it back showing $450 a month then I tell him I would like it to be 425$ If at all possible, he said he would "line things up, and make it work." However, when he brought back the break down of pricing again, it said 460$. I then told him it was a little too high for me. Then he again said he would "line things up," then the third time he comes back it turns to $630 a month! He said it was because of my credit score. Which doesn't make any sense because he got it to be $450 the first time and then $460 the second time. Waste of my time, and he pretty much lied to get me in the door. I also had an apt with him at 5:15 but he was helping several other people. Not a fan.

Dealer response

Breeannasmith, this is very disappointing to hear. Our reputation with our customer's is extremely important to us. I am referring this matter to upper management. You will be hearing back from us shortly. Our deepest regrets for this experience. And thank you for bringing it to our attention. 1/23/2022 - Breeannasmith, our Sales Manager's have been trying to reach you. At your convenience, could you please call them at 503-292-0662. Thank you

The service department was wonderful. Very profess

The service department was wonderful. Very professional. My car was on time per the schedule they left me. I will continue to service my vehicle there. Great team!!!

Dealer response

Hi Kenny, thanks for the awesome shout out to our service team at Ron Tonkin Acura! They love to be fast, and professional. We appreciate your business very much!

A great experience

bought a used vehicle from Ray Armstrong at Ron Tonkin Acura ... he and the finance staff were very professional and communicated clearly and often during the entire process. I highly recommend Ron Tonkin Acura and Ray Armstrong.

Dealer response

Thanks so much Doug, we'll give Ray a High-Five for you! Ray loves to take excellent care of his clients, thank you so much for your business and thanks again for the recommendation for Ron Tonkin Acura and Ray Armstrong. Cheers!