Jenkins Chevrolet of Venice

3.7

A dealership’s rating is calculated by averaging its lifetime reviews.

the best sales manger i ever dealt with very nice guy...

the best sales manger i ever dealt with very nice guy treats me like family every time i see him . thanks again for great service .

Dealer response

We are delighted to know our team provided you with a 5-star experience. Thank you for your five-star review!

1.0

My parents just bought a new 2021 blazer and they got a...

My parents just bought a new 2021 blazer and they got a very low amount for their trade in. Then their brand new Blazer with 17 Miles on it needed a new transmission! They brought it back on a Sunday and were told that they don’t have a car to give them until tomorrow. I went there and complained and all of a sudden they have a car to give them. They did replace the transmission and hopefully it doesn’t fail again but I have seen online that someone else had the same issue at 1500 miles. So today I looked at the sticker price and saw the Jenkins add ons that were $2800!! This was for paint protection( no kit was given to them where usually you get cleaner and wax), floor mats, , pinstriping, touch up paint( none given to them) AND 24/7 replacement vehicle where they were not going to give them a car on Sunday even though they were open. All this on top of the $999 dealer fee. Check other dealers as they may only charge $699 and not add on $2800 of unwanted useless options. I bought my last car there but never again!

Dealer response

We’re sorry to hear you did not have a great experience. Please give us a call at 941-493-5000 so we can discuss how we could have made your experience exceptional. It is our goal that all of our customers leave our dealership happy. Thank you, Annmarie Murillo Customer Relations Manager

Consumer response

I spoke to both of your sales managers and they both didn’t have a thing to say so based on this Jenkins Chevrolet doesn’t care if someone does not leave happy. They took advantage of my parents so I will not be buying my next car and truck from them. I had a much better experience when it was Bill Buck Chevrolet. A $999 dealer fee and $2,800 extra for add ons is ridiculous besides the terrible trade in price and they were not going to give them a loaner car when their brand new car needed a new transmission two days after they bought it even though you indicate 24/7 loaner vehicle as part of that $2,800 extra. I had to yell at the them to give my parents a car!

Horrible Experience!

Jenkins Chevrolet badgered my octogenarian parents with numerous phone calls, emails and texts to make a deal on a new lease. They quoted an “out the door” price on the phone and my parents made an appointment with the salesman to close the deal. They traveled a significant distance to their appointment, only to be told by the salesman that he had too much paperwork to do and he’d have someone else help them. The new salesman said there was no way he could honor the “out the door” price they were repeatedly quoted by the Jenkins sales representative on the phone. Also, the salesman demanded their keys to inspect the Chevrolet they would be turning in when the lease is up. Once my parents realized they were being scammed by Jenkins Chevrolet, they had to ask the sales representative repeatedly to return their keys. They felt like they were being held hostage. My parents were loyal customers of this dealership’s predecessor for 50 years. The new owners obviously don’t care about keeping loyal customers. My parents finally escaped Jenkins Chevrolet after a horrific experience. Deal with this dealership at your own peril!

Dealer response

I would like the opportunity to resolve your concerns. Please contact me a 941-493-5000. Thank you Annmarie Murillo Customer Relations Manager

1.0

Bait and switch would be nice compared to this...

Dealer response

We truly appreciate your honest feedback and apologize for the negative experience you have had. We would love the opportunity to regain your trust. Please contact me at 941-493-5000 Thank You Kindly, Annmarie Murillo Customer Relations Manager

Consumer response

I'm sorry but canned responses are not what I would call a concerned dealer. This place is just unreal. You know who I am, call me if you are concerned.

Dealer response

I apologize for the experience you had. I would like the opportunity to resolve your concerns. I have tried to reach out to you with the number we have on file. Please contact me a 941-493-5000. Thank you Annmarie Murillo Customer Relations Manager

1.0

Run and hide before calling this sham dealer

The only good thing I can say is the lot and building is nice. So... Bait and switch would be nice compared to this dealership. If you want a good experience from a dealer that values your business and more importantly your time, AVOID JENKINS AT ALL COST. They advertised a vehicle on their site that they never had. I called on the night before taking a ride across the state, to verify that it was there and available and was assured that "it is here and ready to go, if you want to come take a look we will have it cleaned up and right out front for you." I made plans for the 140 mile trip the next morning, we called the dealer AGAIN when we were 1 1/2 hours away to ensure we were not wasting our time and were assured "we are ready". Once we get there the sales guy Michael, sat us down "put us in the system" and went scurrying off to get a key, he stopped back in multiple times to say he was still looking for it. It's right outside right, NOPE. He finally 20 minutes later comes back with his manager to say "we never had that vehicle on this lot, it was on our north lot and was a pre-order for a customer" and attempts to sell us another vehicle that was not even close to the advertised vehicle. The old bait and switch, even knowing we drove 3 hours to get there. It was all I could do to not knock him out. GM will never get any of my business again. If you cannot have an honest business representing your label, you cannot have my business. I feel sorry for any others that go there. Just plain poor services in an industry that makes most of their money on service and support. Just sad. Very very sad.

Great service

The service was so great, it makes want to buy a new car too. Steve beebe is the G.O.A.T. Thanks again Steve for your great service.

Dealer response

Thank you so much for the great review! We truly appreciate your business and we are glad that Steve provided you with excellent service!

Had a great buying experience with my salesman jake and...

Had a great buying experience with my salesman jake and the finance manager anthony. Had the car ready to go and i was in and out of the dealership in 45 minutes . best buying experience ever.

Dealer response

Thank you so much for the great review! Our team works very hard to provide the best service possible, so we are so happy to see that reflected during your recent experience with us. We appreciate your business!

2.3

Poor Service

I have had nothing but bad experience since purchasing my car 18 months ago. The Service area is consistently bad. I have worked with two service people and to my surprise the second one is worse than the first - which I would have bet was an impossibility. Maybe they are too busy? Undertrained? Underpaid? I dont know but I will not buy another vehicle from them and suggest anyone reading this go elsewhere for their GMC needs.

Dealer response

I am unable to locate you in our system with the name on this account to reach out to you via phone. However, I would like the opportunity to resolve your concerns. At your earliest convenience, please contact me at 941-493-5000. Thank you, Annmarie Murillo Customer Relations Manager

1.0

2015 Impala trunk leaking again!

I purchased this car in early 2016 from Bill Buck which is now Jenkins. The tail light gaskets were replaced in 2017 and now its leaking again in 2020. It's a bad design but they would not cover this since it's been 3 years. They were charging me about $140 to "diagnose it"! Bill Buck chevy would have taken care of me since I bought it there. This should be a recall based on all the online complaints where this has been causing mold issues. GM's quality is going down hill just like my trucks cheap plastic door handles where all 4 broke. might be time to look at other brands

Dealer response

I apologize, but we are unable to locate any information in our system for the name associated with your name Tom on this account. However, we do pride ourselves on providing the best service possible and would like the opportunity to address any concerns you may have. Could you please contact me at 941-493-5000 at your earliest convenience? Thank you, Annmarie Murillo Customer Relations Manager

2.2

They do not service the insurance products they sell

Jenkins Chevrolet sold me a GAP insurance policy and a Car Care Service Plan when I purchased my new Equinox in April 2020. The car was totaled on May 27, 2020. I have made many calls to the dealership to get the Car Care Service plan refunded as I did not use it one time. They have not returned my calls in over two weeks - it is now August 5, 2020. In addition, they will not provide a MSRP with the VIN number to the GAP insurance company which is keeping the GAP insurance from getting paid. They state the MSRP is that big piece of plastic, which I doubt other owners keep when they purchase their new car. I have purchased two cars from this dealership when it was owner by different management - Bill Buck Chevrolet. They were a joy to deal with, this dealership is not.