Skip to main content

Friday 9:00am–6:00pm 7:00am–5:30pm
Saturday 9:00am–6:00pm 8:00am–5:00pm
Sunday 11:00am–4:00pm Closed
2024 consumer dealer award View 4 awards
2024 consumer dealer award 2022 consumer dealer award 2021 consumer dealer award 2019 consumer dealer award
New (866) 512-4851 (866) 512-4851
Used (866) 512-9844 (866) 512-9844
Service (866) 513-6113 (866) 513-6113

(1,676 reviews)

A dealership's rating is based on all of their reviews, with more weight given to recent reviews. Includes reviews of Lia Honda Albany from DealerRater.

Prompt, courteous service.

Prompt, courteous service. Got in same day for an emergent problem. Was very pleased to be accommodated.

Dealer response

We're happy our service team handled your vehicle's urgent issues to your complete satisfaction, Eileen! It is our pleasure to make sure you're safe and happy driving your car. Please visit us again some day!

Wes Harrington Is always helpful and I can get the

Wes Harrington Is always helpful and I can get the service at times that are convenient for me. And they let me know if other things need taking care of but are fine if I do them at a later date.

Dealer response

Thanks so much for your thoughtful feedback! We're happy Wes handled your visit with great care and communication. We hope to ensure the same circumstances at your next appointment!

Johans Severino started with a greeting and handshake,

Johans Severino started with a greeting and handshake, very pleasant and knowledgeable.he found me another Ridgeline at a other dealer that didn’t have the stop sale on it.I’m very satisfied with Lia and Severino the salesman

Dealer response

Great! Thanks so much for your thoughtful feedback, Alan. We're glad Johans took the time to address your needs and interests to ensure a truly satisfying dealership experience. We certainly look forward to working with you again some day!

Always good service.

Always good service. Car always done on time. Cars are great quality. Easy in easy out.

Dealer response

Steving, thank you for reporting on the exceptional work our service team does for you! It is always our pleasure to help you keep your vehicle in shape. Thanks for choosing Lia Honda for your automotive needs!

Jay Birnbaum was professional, knowledgeable and

Jay Birnbaum was professional, knowledgeable and friendly. I generally don’t like to car shop, but he made the experience as pleasant as possible. We’ve been Lia Honda customers for more than a decade and will continue.

Dealer response

Congratulations on your new Honda! We're thrilled you enjoyed a pleasant and supportive buying experience with Jay, and we appreciate your excellent feedback. We wish many happy travels to you in the new ride, from all of us at Lia Honda!

1.0

I will never return to Lia Honda.

I will never return to Lia Honda. Mohommad was rude in every interaction, never called me back 4-5 hours after I dropped my car off for an inspection and oil change. He didn’t even know what car I was asking about on the phone- he listed off a white accord when that is not even close to what I drive. When he finally said my car was ready (5 hours later) it took another 45 min for him to get the paper work together which he then refused to go over with me and had the service manager do instead. Who was equally rude, dismissive, and walked away from our conversation leaving me with nothing but false information. I have never gotten my car serviced anywhere else but I won’t ever come back now

• Overall experience 1.0
  • Does not recommend this dealer
Dealer response

Ms. Leigh, I'm sorry you had a poor experience with our new employee. We are continuing to work with him on improving his customer handling skills and the vehicle should have gotten through the shop quicker. In regard to you feeling you were given misinformation; I did look into this, and you were given correct information. The vehicle did fail the safety portion of the New York State Inspection, the State, not Lia Honda of Albany, does not offer a ten-day pass or sticker for this. Please see the attached from the NYS stating the limitation to obtain a ten-day extension. Inspection waivers: A vehicle that is required to have the OBDII inspection can qualify for a waiver (valid for 1 year) if the vehicle fails the OBDII inspection, but ultimately passes the safety inspection, the gas cap check (gas-powered vehicles only) and the visual inspection of the emissions control devices (gas-powered vehicles only), receives repairs that are related to the failure of the OBDII inspection, and the cost of the repairs is at least $450, or does not pass the OBDII inspection during a re-inspection. After the re-inspection, if the vehicle qualifies, the inspector can print a waiver form. Both you and the inspector must sign the waiver. The inspection station keeps the waiver and other related documents. The inspector then issues the inspection sticker for your vehicle valid for 1 year. To qualify you must have the inspection report that shows the failure from the initial New York State registered inspection station. The inspection report for the re-inspection must show that your vehicle failed the OBDII test, but that your vehicle passed the safety inspection, the gas cap check (gas-powered vehicles only), and the visual inspection of the emissions control devices (gas-powered vehicles only). The emissions control system of your vehicle must be intact, and must not show any evidence of tampering (gas-powered vehicles only). You must have work orders and receipts that prove that repairs related to the vehicle emissions system were completed at a NY State-registered repair shop, or at an out-of-state repair shop. The work orders and the receipts must document that the cost of the repairs, parts, labor, and related sales tax was at least $450. If you complete the repairs yourself, the calculation of the cost of the repairs includes only the cost of the parts that were used and does not include your labor. How do I get a 10-day extension of my current inspection? You can receive inspection receipt that includes a 10-day extension if the previous inspection was expired at the time of the inspection, or your vehicle passed all parts of the inspection except the test of the OBDII readiness monitors You cannot get more than one extension from the DMV. If you would like to discuss this further, please feel free to contact me. Thank you, John Kelty Parts & Service Director Lia Honda of Albany jkelty@liacars.com

The process was extremely helpful and very easy.

The process was extremely helpful and very easy. Plus they worked with me on the price. Lia Honda was $2k cheaper in long term purchases. I would highly recommend this dealer.

Dealer response

We truly appreciate your awesome review and recommendation, Masoud! Thank you for sharing your experience with us. Congratulations on your new vehicle! Best wishes for amazing summer travels, from the whole team at Lia Honda.

Great working with Lia and Sev.

Great working with Lia and Sev. Thank you for a great experience. Awesome communication and care for customer needs.

Dealer response

Thanks for letting us know Sev and our dealership team did a great job, Austin! Ensuring the utmost attention to your needs is our top priority. We hope to work with you again some day!

Jai Patel is professional, kind, patient.

Jai Patel is professional, kind, patient. Will go far in his career! Thank you Jai!!

• Does recommend this dealer
  • Shopped for a used car
Dealer response

Thank you for leaving Jai this positive review! He will be honored to hear of your kind words and to know how confident you are in his efforts. Please do not hesitate to give us a call if there is ever anything more that we may help you with.

I recently went to Lia Honda of Albany, NY to test drive

I recently went to Lia Honda of Albany, NY to test drive a vehicle. From the moment I entered the door, a young man name Cheick Meier, welcomed me and was super attentive, listen to what kind of vehicle I wanted and sold me on the CRV Hybrid. Awesome, professional, and courteous customer service. I highly recommend Lia Honda of Albany. Thanks so much Cheick!

Dealer response

Thank you for your positive review and recommendation! We are honored that you took the time to visit us, and we are glad that Cheick took great care of you. It is our pleasure to assist you in any way possible. Congratulations on your new Honda CRV Hybrid!