Find out if this car is the best match for you.
2017 RDX

2017 Acura RDX

2017 Acura RDX

Have You Driven the 2017 Acura RDX?

solid driving car with comfort issues

by DC Area from on Thu Apr 06 2017

Solid feeling powerful and good driving small SUV. We use regular gas with no issues. Seating is comfortable. Rear view camera and radar cruise are excellant as is emergency braking. Rain drops blurring the view is a small problem with the rear view camera. Blind spot indicators could be more noticeable. Lane keep assist is bad and was much better in the Accord that we also test drove. A $100 GPS is better than this one. The cheap one will give you more info and allow you to change settings while driving. Acura only allows destination changes while parked or with voice which doesn't work if no phone is hooked up to the system. System in "talk" defaults to require phone hookup first. The real comfort issue with this SUV is that the heater fan seems to put out about 1/3 of the volume of air as my Accord. This means that the back seat passengers are considerably colder in winter. I have owned many Hondas and this one Acura. Honda is more responsive to consumers than Acura as we were told by them that we should have noticed this issue on our test drive. I recommend a month long test drive for Acura products.

Acura Review

by DonR from Melbourne FL on Sat Mar 11 2017

This is my second RDX and I am very happy with the car except the Navigation system is awful and need to be totally revamped. Needs to be more accurate and easier to choose destination. Maybe have Google installed?

Unnecessarily complicated

by Jimmyjimmy from Mississauga on Mon Aug 14 2017

Had a 2014 RDX on a lease and was extremely pleased with the overall quality and performance of the vehicle. Without much hesitation, when the lease expired, I went for the 2017 model. The comfort level is excellent and the functions mostly meet my expectations. My complaint is that the Manufacturer overly complicated the dual screens. I especially take issues of the audio function part. Instead of leaving a good thing as it was - clear, simple and accessible for whatever music choices, I.e. - FM, HDD, CD at a single touch. Now the engineers designed a new and absolutely unnecessary step on the screen - Audio Source, in order to get to the page to select music choices. The screen is highly sensitive to light sources and the glare is very annoying, plus it is a touch screen and fingerprints are a constant battle of my annoyance. Of course, I could use the Mode function on the steering wheel, but when you are driving, the last thing you want is constant toggling and shifting your attention between the road and the screen. Another issue, the HDD would automatically download the CD music to the hard drive the moment a new disc is inserted which is just fine, however, it is annoying not readily able to determine if the downloading is completed at a glance. I know that particular function is somewhere but still haven't found it easily after a month of ownership. On the subject of HDD, I used to be able to edit the genres, titles, adding or deleting since some music have no manufacturer title inputs but now, I am still stymied by the unnecessarily complex manoeuvre and yet to perform that function. I feel I needed a GPS just to get to the audio function part. I know there is this thing called the Owner's Manual, but who has time to read the book when there are already way too much information to absorb on everything else. Speaking of the GPS, it has a mind of its own, I preset the heading so as to make it easier on the eyes, e.g. the setting was to be the front of the vehicle would be always heading the direction I am driving all the time, sometimes it would revert to the "NORTH" default and I could be heading south and it would show the image of my actual driving going opposite to the display, not a big issue but just an annoyance. Thought once it was set to my preference, it would remain that way till I change or reset. Generally, the GPS is more updated than the previous one on the 2014 which was at least 3-4 years outdated even back in 2014. Of course there are some mind boggling route suggestions or in the case of the first time for going home when I was literally there and it showed that I was still six kilometres and more than eight minutes away. It has since corrected itself, don't ask me how, it just did. The hand free Bluetooth system is generally ok but since the screen only displays 6 at a time when your car is moving, and if the number that you want is in a different page, you are out of luck till you come to a full stop, not practical on a highway. The manufacturer argues that it is for safety reason, but what if you have a passenger who could perform that search for you? As well, the Audio function is already so convoluted that it essentially nullify that safety argument as the driver's attention is diverted, thanks to the new design. Ultimately, it is the driver's responsibility to operate in a safe manner, but isn't it the manufacturer 's intention to create user friendly functions to make life easier for the users - ultimately the drivers a.k.a. the buyers? Manufacturers change/upgrade their products almost on every new generation/model years, but why take away some good features and functionalities simply changing for the sake of changing ? Will write more going forward as I am still exploring and discovering things which may or may not be logical to everyday usage.

Enjoying my RDX

by "Texan" from Emory TX on Fri Mar 24 2017

I love my new RDX. It is very comfortable and easy to drive . The car sets up higher than my last car which I really enjoy.

Love it!

by Greytmama from Central IL on Sat Apr 29 2017

All aspects of the RDX suit the needs of this retired dog lover. From the spaciousness to the ride, I truly enjoy this vehicle. Maybe I should have sprung for the tech package, but I am fine wothout the additional expense. Love, love, love this car!

Great car!

by Sarah from Mississauga, on on Mon May 22 2017

Smooth ride and luxurious features! Navi and voice recognition ion are very handy to use. Also, love the steering wheel controls.

A Reliable Car With Minor Issues

by Sierra1 from Homosassa, Florida on Fri Aug 17 2018

I pretty much like the Honda stuff and this vehicle is no exception. The problems that I have with the RDX are relatively minor. The fit between the front bumper and front fenders are terrible as well as the fit between the hood and the top of the fenders, uneven gaps and problems lining up. If you have the front widows rolled partially down, they rattle when closing the doors. Very unhappy with the NAV system. It never responds to voice commands and is very quirky as well as the maps are very antiquated looking. A bit tight inside the cabin as well as very little storage space and the fuel door release control is so far down at the floor that anyone with a bad back will have a problem activating it. But on the positive side, it runs and shifts smoothly with only an occassional hiccup in the transmission when it appears to get confused. For whatever reason Honda just refuses to fully engage and commit to the Luxury car market with Acura. They are nice cars but I don't consider them much different that a less expensive Honda. For the money that they ask for these Acura's, better cars can be had.

Has all the luxuries we need

by Sam from Phoenix,Az on Sun May 06 2018

We bought this for my mom and she seems to really like it. She insisted on buying an Acura. The materials quality on the door panels could be better. The plastic flexes at touch. Otherwise it drives well and looks nice. Seats are comfy and supportive, feature list is decent. We wish ventilated seats were offered at 40,000 dollars though.

Does not recommend this car!!

Most comfortable car I have test driven

by kellyb from Chillicothe, Ohio on Sun May 21 2017

I think it's an excellent choice for an SUV and a luxury vehicle, I would love to be able to afford one. The drive to turn is immediate the fold down seats you don't have to even fold down push of a button. I test drove several and I mean several and this was bar none the the best on the market for the money.

Incredible Car

by RDX Car buyer on Sun Jun 24 2018

This vehicle is incredible, we looked at quite a bit and it has everything that we asked for and then some. Great looking as well.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Our Take on the 2017 Acura RDX

Editor's note: This review was written in September 2015 about the 2016 Acura RDX. Little of substance has changed with this year's model. To see what's new for 2017, click here, or check out a side-by-side comparison of the two model years.

The 2016 Acura RDX is a treat, with exciting driving dynamics and a posh, comfortable interior, but its fussy multimedia system left a bad taste in my mouth.

The RDX is lightly updated this year, with fresh front and rear styling outside and a new optional multimedia system inside; several advanced safety options are also new this year. Compare the 2015 and 2016 models here.

Competitors include the Audi Q5, Lincoln MKC and Lexus NX... Read More