2008 TL

2008 Acura TL

2008 Acura TL

Have You Driven the 2008 Acura TL?

1st Japanese car I've ever owned!

by Mark "Acura Man" James from Murfreesboro, TN on Mon Dec 03 2018

I've only had this car for a few days but it is awesome so far. I've always driven German cars and so far this car is up there with the German cars. I will enter another review in about 6 months to see if I change my mind!

Reliable luxury car with all bells and whistles!

by Denis from Seattle, WA on Thu Mar 30 2017

If you want a reliable luxury car, buy Acura. No issues whatsoever in 9 years of use. Not very expensive maintenance comparing to other luxury brands. Base is fully equipped with all bells and whistles, and tech package (extra 4k) adds Navigation and a few other options.

200,000 miles and counting

by MJG from North Haven, CT on Mon Nov 18 2019

I've had not one thing go wrong with this car in and now just hit the 200,000 miles marker. I'll drive it until it dies!

Sporty Luxury

by Jordan from AutoNation Chevrolet @ Greenacres on Thu Nov 20 2014

I purchased my 2008 TL before ever having seen or test driven it. I met Rick (salesman at AutoNation) the next day to pick up the car. Fell in love with it's sleek look. Once i opened the driver seat pure luxury. Leather interior, sunroof, all the components of a luxury sports car. The car is smooth on the road and vision to see. I HIGHLY recommend (1) purchasing an Acura and (2) go see Rick at AutoNation - EXCELLENT customer service!

Best sports luxury car in its class!

by Honda4Life from Chicago IL on Thu Nov 12 2015

I have a 2008 TL Type S and I would recommend it to all my family and friends. There is no other car out there with the luxury and sport for this price!

2008'tl type s

by Drew from Beacon ny on Tue Nov 01 2016

Love this car I bought it twice , great to drive everyday even on road trips . Power ,features and family friendly . But when the family is not in the car it feels like a sports coupe ready to take on anything .

A car that is in great condition.

by Shamardc from New Jersey on Thu Jan 25 2018

This car has a lot of leg room. Sometimes has great amount of miles and a very good price. Looks like a brand new car, when purchasing it.

My first car

by Type S Owner from Brooklyn, NY on Tue Nov 08 2011

I have been seaching for a car that has great peformance and great handling with a luxurious feel. The exterior is very agressive looking but when your in the inside it feels entertaining. The center console navigation system has a 7.5" screen if im correct and has plenty of different features that it provides. The hand free link allows almost anything to be controlled by voice. A very comfortable car, the only down fall is that the car is front heavy so in the snow might be its match. Overall, I recommend anyone buy this car. Very reliable and powerful.

Excellent car

by Ben from Long Island, NY on Thu Sep 04 2014

I bought this car when my '03 TL-S was vandalized and totaled. That one had 145K miles and never cost me a penny in the four years I had it. This '08 TL has many added features. It doesn't have the navigation pack, so there's no GPS, etc., but that's all right. The more you put into a car the more there is to break. This car only had 44K miles, so for an Acura that's brand new. The ride is firm and the car is very responsive. I haven't checked the specs, but it feels like it has more power than the TL-S. I look forward to the same kind of performance and value from this car as I had from my last one. Acura rocks!

Love my carbon bronze TL !!!

by addicted to Acuras from Albany, NY on Tue Nov 27 2007

I got my new carbon bronze 08 TL in early November, and I have to say that I love the car so much that sometimes when I go to sleep at night I can't wait to wake up in the morning so I can drive it again. This is the most car for the money !!! Case closed !!! The BMW 3 series may handle better, the Lexus IS may have a more comfortable ride, and the Infiniti G35 may have more power, but the TL has a bit of each of those cars in it, that you can't really go against it. And besides, Acura and Honda are still number one when it comes to resale. And the thing I love about it is that everything comes standard on this car. 1,400 miles so far and no complaints, although sometimes I wish that it had a slightly bigger glove compartment as well as storage area inside the arm rest. But these are, of course, very minor flaws that I can live with. The car is great inside and out. I hear that it will be redesigned in 09 and that it will have AWD. However, keep in mind that the fuel economy is going to suffer with AWD. Now I am getting 23-24 miles a gallon while the car is still breaking-in. I would highly recommend this car to anyone !!!

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Our Take on the 2008 Acura TL

The 2008 Acura TL Type-S didn’t rock my world. I was really expecting sparks to fly, but I’m a few weeks away from giving birth and probably a bit crabby, which undoubtedly affects my worldview. While the car performed relatively well, there were too many things that disqualified it from being my perfect mommy-mobile. In short, the TL was fine, but not fabulous.

I drove the TL Type-S to Crested Butte, Colo., for the Fourth of July weekend, and my trip fell short in some respects, too. I know I sound implacable, so please don’t get me wrong – I’m not that hard to please. But I like things the way I like them, so when they’re not that way, I don’t like them... Read More