2008 TL

2008 Acura TL

2008 Acura TL

Have You Driven the 2008 Acura TL?

TL, One of the best vehicles Acura has ever made!!

by 3G_TL-Swag from Laurel, MD on Mon Feb 05 2018

I brought this car when it was 9 years; it has only 39K miles on it. It was and still is in pristine condition. The beauty of this car (in regards to the exterior) is it's timeless look. To be a 2008 model year, the design is just simple and sophisticated car to own. With the interior the seats are plush, the vehicle's electronics work like new, and the Acura ELS sound system is very decent for a vehicle if this age (I would take it any day over Bose Surround Sound). Now for reliability, besides completing the preventative maintenance you do not run into major issues with this car (if you drive the vehicle like you care about it and are not a speed demon); however, the commonly known Honda issue is the engine mounts. Not all 3rd generation TL's need engine mount replacements, but it isn't uncommon to have this work done. Overall, it's a solid built car and shows the industry leading Honda/Acura brand's attempt at fine luxury during this era.

Awsome car!

by Acura freak from Racine, wi on Mon Apr 09 2012

This car is hands down the best car for the price. I get 33mpg on hwy and 28 in the city. Fast! Sporty and sweet looking

Great bang for the buck, and style and class too.

by Downsizing from SUV from Meridian, Idaho on Sun Feb 10 2008

We have driven our 08 TL type- S for only a few weeks and cant get enough of it. This car is a nice blend of power,comfort and style. We did months of research and test drove a number of other similar cars, yet kept coming back to the TL. The Type-S is really fun to drive and has some serious giddy-up! The negative talk about "tourqe steer" is blown way out of proportion if you ask me........its not nearly as bad as some would lead you to beleive. In fact, the steering is solid, yet responsive. This car is just what we had hoped it would be. You should test drive one for yourself and see.

Best car on the road

by Acura TL's #1 man. from Tampa Bay, FL on Thu Jan 05 2012

All I have to say is the 08 Acura TL is the best car on the road. I mean everything about the car is top notch. Comfort, Quality, Peformance, and so forth. This car is the bomb. I happen to just get a TL-Type S, but whether you have just a regular TL, or a Sport version, you can't go wrong.

My TL

by Steinomite from Dallas, Texas on Thu Jan 08 2009

After trading in my Acura RDX for a TL, the TL's standard options are better as well as the gas mileage by a longshot. The TL comes standard with bluetooth capabilities which is good when you're on the cell phone a lot. For many other vehicles their models would have to be their top of the line, whereas the basic model TL comes with leather, awesome stereo, bluetooth, sunroof, dual exhaust, in dash 6 disk changer, and full personalizing for two drivers. The seats, mirrors, and radio stations for; in my case for the wife and myself. Having always driven rear wheel drive cars this is a bit new to me on the handling but the traction in icy weather is great with the traction control. Just rolled over 7000 miles, so far so good!

Best car ever

by TL lover from Chicago on Mon Feb 18 2008

My hubby wanted this car since the gas milage is pretty good and it has all the bells and whisles, without the massive price tag. I will never go back to Lexus after owning a TL.

Luxury sedan that feels like a sports car

by John from St. Louis on Sat May 14 2011

Although the TL is a luxury car, it has the power and feel of a sports car. I would recommend this car to all of my friends

Smooth Ride and Awesome Technology Package

by Bill from Newnan, GA on Thu Aug 15 2013

The TL is the most comfortable ride I have ever had. The interior is sleek and quiet. I love the Blue Tooth connectivity and the integrated GPS system. It is sporty, yet luxurious.

2nd TL and probably not the last

by Pushing Double Nickels from Orange County, CA on Thu Oct 23 2014

I owned a 2006 and loved it. Sold it back to the dealer and leased a new Accord V-6 which had plenty of power but lacked the sporty handling of my TL. Researched which old style TL's were best (2007 and 2008 most reliable per Consumer Reports) and then spoke to 5-6 dealers who had TL's I would consider. Wound up with a 2008 w/60K mileage and added on a 3-year complete bumper to bumper maintenance plan. The TL and RL to me are the top of the line in both style, power, and handling. Take it from an old muscle car owner (69 Grand Prix, 70 GTO, 76 Grand Prix, etc.), the TL is like having a muscle car with class and style rather then loud glass packs and headers. Check out Lesson # 10 "Don't Skimp On The Important Stuff" in Pushing Double Nickels, now on sale on Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Kindle, etc. which talks about how you should never look at just price when looking to buy certain things. Quality matters when spending this kind of money.

GREAT CAR FOR THE MONEY

by TL-S FAN IN LINDEN NJ from LINDEN, NJ on Fri Feb 24 2012

THIS IS MY 3RD ACURA, WENT FROM A 99' CL TO A 03' TL-S AND NOW A 08' TL-S. HANDS DOWN ACURA PUTS OUT A GREAT PRODUCT TIME AND TIME AGAIN. PURCHASED THE 08' TL-S WITH ONLY 29,000 MILES AS A CERTIFIED CAR. I DON'T THINK I'VE COULD OF MADE A BETTER PURCHASE FOR THE VALUE..IE. NAVIGATION, PREMIUM SOUND SYSTEM. WILL BE AN ACURA OWNER TILL MY LAST BREATH.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Our Take on the 2008 Acura TL

The 2008 Acura TL Type-S didn’t rock my world. I was really expecting sparks to fly, but I’m a few weeks away from giving birth and probably a bit crabby, which undoubtedly affects my worldview. While the car performed relatively well, there were too many things that disqualified it from being my perfect mommy-mobile. In short, the TL was fine, but not fabulous.

I drove the TL Type-S to Crested Butte, Colo., for the Fourth of July weekend, and my trip fell short in some respects, too. I know I sound implacable, so please don’t get me wrong – I’m not that hard to please. But I like things the way I like them, so when they’re not that way, I don’t like them... Read More