2018 Acura Tlx

All Reviews

by from Bradenton, FL on July 7, 2017

We simply love our new redesigned TLX. It looks great and performs better than we expected. Before deciding on the New TLX, I tried the new Alpha Giulia and the Infinity Q50. The TLX is far quieter, performs comparably and more comfortable ride. If you are looking for a new vehicle in this class, be sure you try the 2018 TLX you won't be sorry.

by from Texarkana, AR on September 11, 2017

I love my car! I was worried about trading a SUV for a car, but I am enjoying it so much. It has a very spacious trunk, and a spacious interior. The features are very impressive and I love the interior and exterior styling.

by from Vernon, CT on September 7, 2017

I test drove the 2018 TLX V6 SH-AWD Advance. The car was quite comfortable, quiet, had plenty of power. Lots of safety features and telematics. The 9-speed automatic shifted smoothly and the car handled quite well. I drove in normal mode, then switched to sport mode, then later to Sport + mode and the differences were noticeable. I like the new front end and the rear tail dual exhaust tips. The interior is nice, and I would advise getting Leather seats instead of fake leather. I didn't get a chance to check out the ELS Audio system but I will on my return visit. A car has to have Premium Audio Sound in order to perk my interests. My Biggest dislikes were the dashboard and the Aluminum trim. I felt the dash should have had more luxurious materials that would have accentuated a style of Class, and something other than the aluminum trim around the console as it makes the car look cheap.

by from AZ on July 16, 2017

Acura has made significant improvements to the TLX for 2018. The A-Spec package in particular adds styling and handling improvements that really make the sedan standout from a appearance and driving perspective. The interior has a really cool red led piping, the alcantara suede is luxurious, gripping, and doesnt burn you after sitting in the summer heat. The driver assistance tech will steer in the lane, brake when it detects a car or in front of you, and even hold the brakes at a red light. And when you want to be in control, turn it off, put the dynamic mode in sport plus... and you'll own the road. The only criticism I have is that quality control from the factory is lacking. The door on the passenger line is significantly misaligned and ruins the clean lines of the car. I hope to get to the dealer for an adjustment soon.

by from Schaumburg, Il on November 4, 2017

This was the car I test drove and I liked it so much that I took it home! Had my last car for 11 tears and never imagined all the new safety features that are on this car.

by from North Carolina on August 28, 2017

This is my third Acura...Just upgraded from a 2008 TL for a new 2018 TLX and wow what an uplift. The ride is much smoother, quieter, the look is a nice change with no ugly looking grin the 2009 had. I like the roominess with ease getting in and out. Acceleration is fast and responsive. I have the 3.5 with Technology package. Lots of new gadgets to get used to, but I like the suite so far. Pairing to my phone was very easy and is automatic. When closing the doors they have a nice feel of a more upscale car. The rear view camera and blind spot sensors are handy. The new push button transmission is easy once you've driven a few times. I have the Crystal Black with Tan interior which to me has a richer look compared to the Pearl White one.

by from Florida on October 1, 2017

An adult sandbox of fun and excitement. Fun to drive and extremely safe thanks to the engineering. A little road noise, great creature comforts and its a techies heaven. Great bang for the buck. No complaints.

by from Vernon, Connecticut on August 31, 2017

I drove the 2017 TLX V6 and V4 and liked the V6 far better, but most reports said that the car's reliability score was below avg. I just finished test driving the 2018 V6- SH AWD Advance. The ride is great, love the comfort. I Opened it up on the highway and it responded admirably. The features which are standard are definitely a huge plus. The car is quiet and nice, and if they fixed the things that cause their reliability rating to sink to below avg. with last year's model they may have a winner here. Two things: I'm not fond of the aluminum in the interior, and I have to go in and test the stereo system with some high quality CD's from my collection. High Quality Music listening is a huge part of my driving experience, and the ELS system doesn't cut it, then I'll probably look elsewhere. It's funny that in all of the reviews, no one has commented on the audio system.
Not Rated Reliability

by from illinois on August 13, 2017

Nice but the all the review are talking about the electronic which you will not touch when you are driving. The driver need to know is if the steering wheel is heated and the rear seat are heated, Driver do not use internet while driving.

by from California on April 4, 2018

Was a loyal Acura/Honda owner since 1990 and I am done. Just wait until you put some miles on the TLX SH-AWD and you will undertand once you start to have problem after problem. Do not make the same mistake I made. Buy another brand.

Our Expert Review: 2018 Acura Tlx