Skip to main content

• Exterior 5.0
Explore the 2022 Acura TLX
Shop the 2022 Acura TLX

TLX Type S Rocks!

I've owned my 2022 TLX Type S for one year now so I feel like I am qualified to write a meaningful review. Let me begin by saying that my wife and I absolutely love this car! We've put just under 15k miles on it and have thoroughly enjoyed every one. We live in Colorado which gives us the opportunity to enjoy mountain roads and highways. I can tell you that this car is most at home in the mountain twisties but it's also a very comfortable highway cruiser. The adaptive shocks adjust to your driving preference and mood very nicely. My favorite thing about the car is how unique it is. I've only seen 2 other Type S's in the year I've owned mine and I love that! I'm not a fan of driving the same thing everyone else drives. Plus, it looks freaking amazing!! The blue exterior and red interior is absolutely gorgeous and turns heads constantly. The styling of the TLC is truly stunning. Acura really nailed it! The interior is terrific as well. I love the style and layout of the dashboard and the seats are super comfortable and supportive. A lot has been said about the cramped back seat but I've gotten no complaints from anyone who's had to ride back there. It's not an SUV! Reliability has been mostly on-par with my previous Acura experiences which is to say solid as a rock. The touchpad-controlled user interface has it's glitches from time to time, especially with Apple CarPlay but that's the only complaint from a quality standpoint. The only other slight beef I have with the car is the power. I really wish Acura had been a little bolder with the engine and amped up the horsepower. While it's no slouch with acceleration, you won't win many stoplight battles with comparable sports sedans unless you get a better jump off the line. That said, this is a very well balanced car that performs admirably in all conditions and makes for a terrifically fun daily driver. All in all, I am very happy with my decision to order my 22 TLX Type S and look forward to several years with it! Maybe the aftermarket will develop some performance enhancements that can help me out with those occasional drag races! ;-)

Head Turner

I have a great overall experience with this vehicle. To put it bluntly it’s a beautiful car with excellent performance for my needs. Needs a touch screen and wireless apple car play other than that excellent.

2022 Acura TLX Type S All Wheel Drive

I bought this new car. I love this car the design is perfect. It is perfect for my needs along with the style. The turbocharger has a small lag and I think Acura has imposed power restrictions. The back seat is very tight I think, it could have had more leg room. For the most part, I enjoy it. Perhaps the aftermarket sector could step up its power restrictions.

Amazing

Needs Bluetooth apple carplay. Wireless charging is useless without it. The integration with apple and Honda needs work better (not very user friendly) if they continue to use the touchpad. The stock UI is way more efficient. Otherwise, the vehicle is AMAZING!!

Hot AWD Sedan

After looking at other manufacturers' AWD sport sedans, I stumbled on Acura. I purchased a TLX Type S SH-AWD. I did not purchase the sport rims, which require you to change out winter and summer tires...been there done that with another car. I challenge anyone to find a better AWD performance sedan for the money. The exterior styling is aggressive, but understated which allows you to fly under the radar. It has a great exhaust note. The interior is stylish and has all the bells and whistles you expect and some you do not. The only knock I can give the car is that Apple Car play can only be accessed via wire, rather than BlueTooth. You get over that pretty quickly, though...