Skip to main content

Explore the 2020 BMW X7
Shop the 2020 BMW X7
4.0

X7 review

In 2019, BMW introduced the all new SUV to the X series lineup; the BMW X7. This car wasn’t simply a larger version of the previous X6, but a statement piece from BMW. The X7 is an embodiment of luxury, comfort, and technological prowess on wheels. The X7 presents a complex and in depth understanding of what a modern family SUV truly looks like. Not merely a car to get you from one place to the next, but a sanctuary on wheels,a testament to engineering finesse, and a vision of automotive futurism. The reason BMW made the X7 is obvious, to create something that offers an unparalleled automotive experience. The X7 accomplishes this in countless ways such as its cabin that’s spacious and exquisitely crafted, with such an attention to detail that it almost seems excessive. As well as the use of the highest quality of materials such as the optional glass controls, adds to the sense of sophistication of the car. But where the car truly separates itself from the rest is its performance. The X7 checks in with a remarkable 456 horsepower that is one of the highest among SUVs. But the power of the car does not affect the comfort and drive of the car as it glides down the road. Its adaptive air suspension ensures that regardless of power the drive remains pristine. The tech that the X7 offers, are is my opinion its most significant selling point of the car. The BMW's iDrive system is extremely intuitive and responsive, with nearly endless possibilities for customization. The iDrive system comes with a massive 12.3 inch central display that feels big enough to watch movies on. It also includes seemingly futuristic features such as a hologram that only the driver can see showing the speed you are driving, speed limit, maps, etc. While the car excels in countless categories it has its flaws. Most notably with the highly engineered features and the extreme luxury comes the steep price that is above the average SUV. Another flaw that I see is the minimal trunk space. The vehicle prioritizes the first two rows leaving already less room in the back but with the addition of a third row it leaves minimal trunk space. Trunk space can be a necessity for many families who travel often but the X7 is only long enough to fit only one large suitcase. My personal experience with the vehicle has certainly had its ups and downs. My driving experience has been nothing short of amazing and surreal as it is the first time I’ve driven a car of this level and power. But my experience as a passenger has not been as joyous. With being the youngest in my family I automatically get banished to the 3rd row while my brothers take the middle two seats and my parents the two front. This proves to be an issue when factoring in that I am also the tallest member of my family and can barely fit in the 3rd row.

2020 X7 M50i Takes the Win!

I was not looking for the X7 when I purchased this vehicle. In all honesty, I was looking for the new Life-Cycle changes on the X5 and had every intention of purchasing the X5. At the time I was driving a 2021 BMW X5 with the M Trim Package and loved it. But I wanted the latest and greatest BMW had to offer in the X5. As I contemplated a deposit for the X5, I saw the 2020 X7 M50i (Fully Loaded) sitting in the shadows. I decided to take a look and realized it basically had every feature I desired on the 2023/2024 X5. I generally travel alone and considered the X7 a bit of overkill for one person...However, after driving it...I fell in love with it! I opted for the 2020 BMW X7 M50i, saved over $30K off the price of a new X5, and Got a good deal on my 2021 X5 as well. I could not be happier!

Love this car!

This was our 1st BMW Suv purchase. It has 3 rows which accommodates our three kids very nicely. It’s roomy and very comfortable. The only thing that it has that I wish it didn’t, is the automatic start/stop button feature. The brown leather is beautiful! The crystal knobs are great quality. We bought the M sport so it has all the sporty exterior features. I would highly recommend this vehicle. We’re very happy!

Best Car I’ve Owned

Comfort and technology of this car is amazing!!! Rides like a luxury car, but preforms like a sports car!!! The fit and finish are spectacular!!! Lots of room for people and pets!

The best vehicle I have ever owned

Not too big, but roomy enough for a very tall and big person to feel very comfortable. I called it a Space Shuttle the first time I drove it! Beautiful and a very comfortable car with modern and classy looks. The 3l engine has plenty power - despite my concerns that it wont for such a big vehicle. Certainly, the best vehicle in class.

The Ultimate SUV!!

We have the M Sport pkg and really happy with the exterior trim, the interior details, plenty of headroom. This vehicle drives like a dream.

Pure delight

We were looking for a SUV to replace our Lexus and we couldn't be happier. The fit and finish are superb and the mechanical side is unequaled.

The ultimate driving machine

This is my 4th bimmer. This X7 is simply and hands down the most beautiful SUV in the market. Beautiful interior and awesome ride! There is nothing like it out there!

4.0

Just Bought X7

So far, love the smooth feel of X7 vs larger SUV’s. Would help if factory put a hitch on all SUV’s as it takes time, effort and more cost to put one on afterwards. Overall, love the style, drive and interior feel.

Reliable, nice looking vehicle

Aesthetically very pleasing and exceptionally sturdy feel to it. Very comfortable to ride in. Thoroughly enjoy the ease of the dashboard usage; very clear and easy to use