1995 Buick Riviera consumer reviews

$28,195 starting MSRP
side view of 1995 Riviera Buick
Explore the 1995 Buick Riviera

Most beautiful exterior design I've ever seen

I bought mine new in 95. While it was anything but a "low maintenance" or "low repair" vehicle (too long a story but suffice to say the car is on its 3rd engine and 2nd transmission), I quite honestly have never seen a car I like as much in terms of exterior design. I am currently in the process of looking for a replacement but will always have a special place in my heart for this car. Great ride, great traveling car. Great trunk capacity. I have surely had a love/hate relationship over the decades but every time I look at it I like it as much as the first time I saw it. There will never be another like the Riviera.

4.4

Very comfortable, runs great, excellent vehicle

Exceed my expectations, great everyday vehicale, great for the kids, vacation, very reliable, handles excellent in the snow, overall just a good car to own.

4.4

Just purchased and getting used to it still

we almost bought one of these when they were brand new , but decided not to ,when we found this on we had to have it with 160,000 miles it runs great and rides smooth , I thought the gas mileage would be better than 21 though , but still it's the best looking car out there besides our 69 GS of course !

Best car that's ever been built.

I currently own 7 cars, it will be 8 tomorrow when I pick up a used Lexus SUV for my daughter. I have had over 15 new cars over the last few years, I've owned Chevy, ram,nissan,toyota,Kia, you name it. My 95 Riv is without a doubt the best car I've ever had. I bought it from my uncle 5 years ago with 75000 miles on it. It's now 2018 I have 160,000 miles on it. It still looks new inside and out. It's quiet, smooth and that power is so much fun. Many souped up diesel trucks and go fast cars have been embarrassed from a stop light by this old grandpa car! I currently have a 2018 Nissan rogue, a 2017 Nissan sentra and a 2018 ram diesel. When we go on road trips we take the riv! It's more comfortable than any of the new cars, it's far quieter and more smooth and gets the best mpg of them all. The sentra is a gutless pig and gets terrible mpgs at my elevation of 5000 feet and with a constant head wind, even that 4 cylinder can't get the mpg of the riv. Normal maintenance a couple sets of brake pads, nothing major ever with this car. Sadly all GM can build now is pure crap! I hope this car lasts for ever because there is absolutely nothing out there you can buy new that even comes close to this old 95 Riviera! In fact I'm trying to find another to have just in case this one ever dies.. I can not say enough, favorite, best car I've ever owned bar none!

BUICK RIVIERA, FANTASTIC VEHICLE

I have been a car dealer in Pa. for 37 years and have owned many different brands, the Buick Riviera has really been on the top of the list compared to higher priced vehicles. Have had 7 and am currently driving one every day. I have a 2011 Lexus LS 460L and still love my Rivey!!

Retired

This is the second Riviera that I've owned. I purchased a 1995 riviera in December of 1994 new, this was one of the greatest investments that I've made. The style, handling, luxury, convenience, accesseries, made me feel that it was compatible with comfort as those expensive cars. The gas milage with the Supercharge 3800 V6 engine gave me 27 to 32 mpg at time's, great car.

Rivi '95

A classic design. Most beautiful car of the 90's when you change out those ugly factory rims. I love this car.

Simply one of the greatest!

I bought this car used in 1998, and it had a little over 30,000 miles on it. After 12 years, and a few sets of tires, I now have 150,000 miles on the odometer. Troubles... new radiator, new Left front axel, (new 2 master cylinders), and of course, a couple of sets of brake pads, and new rotors on the rear. OH, I forgot the rather large tree limb that fell on the windshield last year (2009) yeah, it was parked in my driveway. A few small dents, and a new windshield, I'm still driving it. It's been extremely reliable. I now have a very slight vibration (I and my mechanic think it's time for a new front "hub") because balancing the tires doesn't help much. After 10,000 miles a year, it's showing wear and tear, but, there's a lot of life left in it. I now commute over 100 miles per day, and wouldn't hesitate to take it across country. I drive fairly fast, and still average over 24 mpg (mostly highway). That's not a lot less than the 1961 VW Beetle that I owned in the past.

Best first car.

Great first car, very safe and easy to drive. I owned mine for 2-1/2 years and put about 15,000 miles on it as my first car. Plenty of power, comfort, and especially space for hauling around 4 friends and gear! The trunk has enough space to stop at the grocery store on your way to the airport, with room left over. Very well-planted for a big Buick, with reasonable grip through corners; it's no race car of course. Addicted to that supercharger scream! Hate to sell but it's been a blast owning such a beautiful car.

its cool

i had this car and i really liked it!! hehe i had it for a long time but figured i would get something smaller since the economy hit me pretty hard =[ i miss that car