1994 Skylark

4 out of 5 stars Interior Design
5 out of 5 stars Reliability
5 out of 5 stars Performance
4 out of 5 stars Exterior Styling

Have You Driven the 1994 Buick Skylark?

Best car I ever had...got my money's worth!!

by Skylark-loving midwestern girl from Topeka, KS on Wed May 14 2008

I bought my '94 Skylark 3.1v6 Custom Sedan in Dec'94 with 28k miles on it. I drove it to about 200k miles, my husband drove it to about 290k and my stepson rolled it over 300k! I think when we quit driving it and let it rest in peace, it had 306k miles on it..original engine, original tranny. No major work ever done on either, just the regular maintenance stuff and minor repairs through the years. It averaged about 30-32 on the highway, which is what most of the miles were, obviously. I'd definitely recommend one if somebody needs a commuter car, or a good second car. I must say, I was sad when Buick announced they were discontinuing the Skylark after 1998!

Our Take on the 1994 Buick Skylark

There's a tendency among some consumers and a growing contingent of the automotive media to focus on new sheet metal at the expense of 2-, 3- or 4-year-old body styles with technological improvements.

Based on that, the 1994 Buick Skylark would be overlooked since the body panels are the same as they were for 1993.

But that wouldn't do justice to the fact that the compact needed only a fewlittle changes to become more desirable-a 4-speed automatic transmission, a quieter and more fuel efficient V-6 engine, an air bag and an engineer to redothe power locking system so you could open the door without having to push thebutton once you put the car in park.

For the 1994 model year, Buick... Read More