2012 CTS

2012 Cadillac CTS

2012 Cadillac CTS

Have You Driven the 2012 Cadillac CTS?

Art and Science. Totally into it.

by RainCold-Cao from State College, PA on Sun Dec 16 2012

(I'm chinese so my English writing is bad, sorry:) IF, you like cars with sharp exterior styling. IF, you want your ride runs smooth and providing you a reliable feeling. IF, you want to be special, unlike BMW Mercedez or Audi (All over the street). Cadillac CTS would be exactly what you want! What I got is a black 2012 Cadillac CTS coupe within 10000 miles mileage. It's very gentle but can be wild. It's heavier than other vehicle which make you feel safe. I feed it with regular gas and it runs good enough for me. So I know if I fuel it with premium it will become a beast. Unlike some America made cars it's interior is pretty good. Moreover there are parking camera, yellow lights blinking when other cars approaching behind, switching between automatic transmission and manual. Equipped with Booth speaker so music performance's very nice. Front seat heating make you warm. Interior space is very sufficient. Most important to me, it stands out. The design of CTS breaks the limit of vehicle designing. It abandons the shape of streamline, instead you see V shape and sharp edges everywhere. It's front view's impressive, but I insist the button of it is the sexiest part. If you have the same aesthetic standard as me then you will just crush into it when you see it with your own eyes. Lastly there's only three little, tiny, trivial drawbacks of this fantastic vehicle. First, if you got a coupe passengers would've act awkward to get into the backseats 'cause they have to either go beyond or below the front seatbelt to go through. Second, the blind corner in the front is a little bit wider then regular vehicles. Third, if you put the car in P transmission you won't be able to grab or put stuffs in a little vacant space front of it. (That really doesn't matter much....) Lastly, if you're a lucky guy and got more money( I spent forty-seven grands on this CTS coupe) than I do. I recommend you to also check out the ATS and XTS or CTS-V. They are all very very nice vehicles. -Also check out the Cadillac Ciel. It's one of the coolest car on this planet. Good luck my friend!

Does not recommend this car!!

longtime A6 owner

by neuronerd from new jersey on Fri Nov 25 2011

I leased 5 A6s, but decided on the CTS AWD 3.6 loaded. I compared performance -- AWD performance, 35MPH-70MPH, and pickup between 80 MPH and 100MPH -- to the A6 in regular and sport mode. The CTS 3.6 is smooth, agile, but not as quick. However, passengers LOVE the ride. Certainly the CTS 3.6 is no dog, but just not as responsive. Looks are fabulous and luxury for the dollar is not comparable; hands down Cadillac. So far I am very pleased. A real comparison to Cadillac AWD and audi quattro awaits snow and ice.

I love the Cadillac CTS Coupe

by DJ from Los Angeles, CA on Wed Jan 16 2013

I always loved the look of this car, but now that I own a CTS Coupe, I love everything about the car. It has great power, especially once it gets passed 2nd gear. It's extremely smooth. The only negative thing I can say about the car is there is limited storage space. The glove compartments are small, but liveable.

Almost as sexy as some Jaguars

by BigThickCatDaddy from Big Rapids, MI on Tue Jun 18 2013

I'm a European automobile fan and have owned several of them exclusively over the years. This Cadillac is my first domestic car in a long time. I am extremely impressed. I have read that the ride is harsh, not true, very supple ride. I've read the seats at hard, not so, very comfortable. I must agree that the visability out the rear is pretty bad, but with the backup camera, all is good. You have to make some extra effort in changing lanes because of the large c-pillars, but that's just good driving. So far I love this car. Traded in a Mercedes E550 4matic, and this Caddy stacks up really well. Not as much power as the Mercedes but just a comfy and a lot more stylish. I would recommend all you European car guys and gals give Cadillac a try.

Beautiful Car

by REDD from Lincoln, NE on Sat Oct 20 2012

A joy just to look at. Comfortable, quiet and impressive to drive. The nicest car I have ever owned...period.

Fast AWD Wagon

by Big Perfect from Chattanooga, TN on Sun Apr 07 2013

I bought this 2012 AWD Performance CTS Wagon as a GM executive fleet vehicle with 5900 miles. The car is fast and very sticky with the sport suspension. I particularly like the 6-speed transmission that works in automatic mode in both the drive and sport settings. Car is too quiet to drive in the manual mode, can't hear the engine revs. The power lift gate works great and operates quickly up and down. A little tight for four sets of golf clubs and two people in the back. Great for my wife and I. The 3.6L engine is strong with great acceleration. Averaging ~23 MPG, need to keep my foot off the mat.

Nice fun car to own and drive.

by KEN REALTOR from Avon, Ct on Fri Oct 19 2012

This car came as a change from years of driving big suvs so I was looking for a nice combo of luxury, as well as creature comforts and technology. This car has just about any feature you could want. Some of which I feel are almost unnecessary gadgets. Ride is firm and predictable. Performance is smooth and responsive, shifting of the 6 speed automatic is seemless. The handling feels stable, firm yet responsive, makes you feel safe on the curves. The sporty handling makes you want to push it on the curves, the car drives like its on rails. My only current complaint is the lack of storage. The console is so small there is no where to put stuff. There is no where to stow a pair of sunglasses. The drink holders are shallow, small and oddly placed. Getting in and out of the car has taken some adjustment. Again having driven suv vehicles for 15 years I guess I will get use to that. Once you are in the car is so nice to drive. Forget the gas mileage numbers they talk about. I average about 18 combo around town and a bit of highway, low 20's on the highway is about the best I've seen. But for the power, performance, handling, all wheel drive, comfort and all the conveniences....I am quite happy so far.

so far so good

by Knight from Easley, SC on Wed Jul 27 2016

Everything is to satisfaction so far, the wife loves it. It's one of the smoothest driving cars I've ever driven. It has plenty of power, the 3.6L engine has real get up and go. it's fairly comfortable once you get the seat adjusted. The Bose sound system rocks. overall it's a great car.

Not your grandparents luxury sedan

by BATMAN from UTAH on Sat Dec 22 2012

When I think of Cadillac I think of luxury vehicles for elderly people. Cadillac changed my perspective with the CTS model. I love the sharp design, the powerful 310hp yet fuel efficient V6, the five star crash rating and the luxury you expect from Cadillac.

the CTS meets the luxury car test

by Bob T from Madison, AL on Sun Apr 02 2017

solid feel, very nice interior appointments, more than sufficient power with the small 6 cylinder engine. decent mileage, comfortable seating. three years and never had to return to dealer except for oil changes. Only issue was not great ride in the back seat.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Our Take on the 2012 Cadillac CTS

The 2012 Cadillac CTS sedan offers shoppers an attractive blend of design, luxury and performance.

Now in its fifth model year, the CTS is the luxury sedan that began Cadillac's design-led transformation when the car debuted as a 2003 model, and the second-generation car that launched for 2008 furthered the brand's push into the sport-sedan market.

The CTS sedan starts at $36,810 (all prices include an $895 destination charge), but our test car was a high-end Premium model with a starting price of $49,185. With options, the as-tested price was $52,345. To see how the car's specs compare with models from Infiniti, BMW and Mercedes-Benz, click here.

Styling