2006 Aveo

2006 Chevrolet Aveo

2006 Chevrolet Aveo

3.8

4 out of 5 stars Value for the Money

Have You Driven the 2006 Chevrolet Aveo?

Great Economy but not enough room for the big guy

by DadtoaMarine from Cedar Rapids, IA on Mon Jan 01 2007

I have had this car for 4 months and have put nearly 8000 miles on it. Over all it has been a great little car with no burps. The overall MPG is hanging around 31.4 with 80% highway miles. My only real big problem (and I am a real big guy) is found in the drivers? side legroom. I am 6'1'' tall and with the seat all the way back, and up as high as it will go, I still do not have enough legroom. I wear a size 13 shoe and have to keep my feet turned at 45* angels to keep them on the pedals. This in turn has my knees resting on the cup holder and door panel. I too experienced the poor highs peed handling but then I inflated the tires to 34PSI (the tire manufacturer's recommend inflation level) and these stopped. If the seat could go back another 2" it would be the perfect little car.

Runs and drives great, no issues.

by 2006 CHEV AVEO 75Kmiles. from Auburn,AL on Fri Jul 07 2017

Runs and drives great, no issues. Well kept and maintained.Very clean in &out side.The only things I have replaced are the tires .

Great little car ..

by spicy from searcy ,ar on Thu Aug 18 2011

Best car I've ever owned for the price..had little problems with it..Driven everyday to work ..32 to 35 mpg..Needs a little more pep in first taken off..other than that it is fun to drive.so far have 108,000 miles on it and its still running strong..Put a good set of tires on it..no complaints.just a good economical car..

Kickin' For the Price

by Kev from Orlando, FL on Tue May 08 2007

I know that the Chevy Aveo isn't the most attractive car on the market to quite a few people.....and I went to a local Chevy dealer to purchase a 2006-2007 Cobalt at first.....but the dealer made me look twice at the Aveo. It's sporty enough for me. The fuel enconomy is INCREDIBLE! I drove from Orlando to St Petersburg Florida and back on a 1/4 of a tank of gas! MPG = 50.....now that's impressive. Some reviews state that the engine is noisy. I found it to be no louder than a Chevy Colbat, Hyundai Accent, and a Scion 2 door coupe. I did my research based on the other cars that were in the same class and the value for the money kept me going back to the Aveo. It's performance is not designed if you plan on firing up the tracks at the Daytona 500, but I have to admit, I've been very happy with this little car!

Economic and No Problems

by GreenGirl from Jackson, MS on Sat Oct 11 2008

I purchased my Aveo in December 2006, when the car was not quite one year old. Since that time, I have had absolutely no problems more serious than a flat tire. My little car gets excellent gas mileage, runs perfectly, is very roomy on the inside despite the compact size, and handles very well. The interior is starting to wear out a little, mostly because I often take my large dog with me when I go places, but other than that, I've had no complaints. I highly recommend the Chevy Aveo to anyone who is interested in getting great gas mileage, reliability, and an all-around cute and comfortable ride.

Extremely Reliable

by Regular 'ole Jill from Minnesota on Wed Jan 02 2013

I had never heard of this car before I bought it and was a little hesitant because I really wanted the sedan style and I had to get the hatchback. However, besides the little replacements that always happen (new tires, I live in MN so this happens more often than southern states, light bulbs and a serpentine belt) it has been the most reliable car ever. Takes a little time to get up to speed when first taking off but considering its a 4 cylinder, that is expected. Once it gets up there it's super smooth and very easy to speed without realizing it. Its roomy enough that my 6'3" friend can drive and ride in the back. I would definitely buy another one.

Great for what it was

by ABob1086 from Rothbury, MI on Wed Jul 12 2017

I owned this car for 6.5 years, from Feb. 2011 to late June 2016. While it won't win any awards for anything, the car did what I needed it to do and did it pretty well. Fuel economy was good, comfort level was beyond what you'd expect in a car its size and since mine in particular was orange, it was delightfully silly-looking (which isn't important but I liked it). More reliable than you'd expect. Until I was closing in on 150k miles I never really had any problems with it (kids, remember to replace the timing belt on time). I would still own the car if not for a stupid deer jumping in front of it and not moving. If you can get one with relatively low miles I would definitely recommend as a starter car.

Ever Heard of LEMON? Well, I'm drinking Lemonade

by Ponchi from Lebanon, VA on Tue Feb 13 2007

Bought it, loved it, until it started shaking in the front end at speeds above 45 mph. Have replaced all tires, balanced rotated tires, turned rotors, still shakes. Guess I'm getting a total body massage now for free or should I say $200+ a month. Great gas mileage, handles good in turns and actually has a lot of ump for a 4 cyl., has alot of room that can't be seen from the outside, huge trunk, and the basic speakers that come with it really put out fairly decent tunes at a good level of sound,but even under warranty not getting it fixed by the dealer makes it a lemon to me. I was told by the dealership service manager it wouldn't ride like a Cadillac because it was cheap, but it didn't ride like this until after about 12,000 miles were on it and these were totally highway and interstate miles, so go figure. Never been rough housed, wrecked, ran into curbs, etc. so no reason for the severe shaking, I guess the old saying "Weebles (AVEOS) Wobble But They Don't Fall Down" might be a good advertisement, LOL. If the dealership would fix the problem I would be satisfied no doubt. I knew it was a cheaper model car, but heck, I had a 15 year old Chevette that didn't shake like this with over 250,000 miles on it. I also had the chance to drive a 5-door model 2006 AVEO as a rental when my car was in the shop one of the 8 times I'd had is looked at for this problem, and the rental Aveo had 11,000 miles on it and shook worse than my car, so go figure, I wouldn't advise anyone to buy this car unless you want a built in seat massage as well as hand massage from your steering wheel.

Does not recommend this car!!

Great car for a great price

by jomiddie from Bordentown, NJ on Tue Aug 01 2006

I have owned my Aveo for 1 month now. I love driving it. Please remember that all new cars have little bumps that may need to be fixed, some of the trim on the door is loose. But I have always driven a subcompact car, and I am happy to drive a non gas guzzling car.

Doesn't like the cold!

by KatMat from Massachusetts on Tue Feb 24 2015

I got this car from my dad about 18 months ago with only 9K on it. It has made two trips to GA from MA and now has 36K on it. Very uncomfortable for long road trips, the back seat feels like you are sitting on a board and the front seats just don't have enough room. The cop holder design is horrible, it gets in the way of the heater controls and every time you take a cup out you inadvertently change the radio station. On the first trip to GA it overheated for no apparent reason. My hometown mechanic talked me through the issue and then checked it out latter and found nothing wrong. This winter with the sub zero temps in New England it has twice not gone over 10mph after warming up for 15 minutes. fortunately I had a spare clunker that I could take to work. I'm always afraid that it will give me trouble when it is cold out and I don't like to rely on it for long trips. It does not heat up well, even if I let it run for 15 minutes before I leave, it is still freezing in the car for the first 10 minutes. It is horrible in the snow, I've gotten stuck in my driveway many times this winter, while my other two cars have no problems getting out. Hopefully as the weather gets warmer things will improve, but I would never buy this car again.

Does not recommend this car!!