2020 Chevrolet Bolt EV consumer reviews

$36,620 starting MSRP
side view of 2020 Bolt EV Chevrolet
Explore the 2020 Chevrolet Bolt EV
Shop the 2020 Chevrolet Bolt EV

It's fun to drive again!

This is be far the nicest car I've ever owned. It's very responsive when a quick response is needed and very economical overall. I really like that I dont have togo to agas station ever again and no more oil changes or emmision tests. This car is smooth and quiet on the road and the 120 MPGe is impressive. It handles better than any car I've ever driven. It also feels good to be environmentally concious.

2.4

Range Anxiety is real

I bought my first all-electric car! Well, it has been a stressful 7 days. I was not ready to constantly be thinking how far I can make a round trip. I was not ready to double my time on out-of-town trips. I was not ready to drive with no heat and in the slow lane just to increase my miles so that I could make it to work and back for 3 days in a row. I was not ready to purchase an additional $1500 level 2 charger, just so I could drive somewhat normally. I was not ready to sit for an hour every 3 days at a charger so that I could get to work the next day. The car is fun to drive and a marvel of technology, but so many things to get used to, it just isn't for me.

Really a fun car

It is the perfect for us. It is the perfect size to replace our Forrester. We love not needing to go to a smelly, dangerous gas pump.

First electric car

Fun to drive Has a lot of power. Comfortable ride Love the heated seats and steering wheel. Has a lot of safety features .Nice display screen

Awesome car.

Fun to drive. Love the regen mode, almost never touch my brakes. Very reliable, comfortable, great sounding stereo, only criticisms- hvac controls are somewhat counter-intuitive and radio is oddly independent, coming on when you start and never really off. But I have had the car for two years and highly recommend!

Love buying no gas.

I also have a new Traverse High Country, and the new Bolt surprisingly handles and rides almost as good. Love the quiteness, and the dash is like a car you would see on a space movie, very cool. Get a level 2 charger on line for a couple hundred bucks, plug it in at night and the next morning it will be fully charged for around 5 dollars. Great for all local running.

4.4

Going Electric

I researched this car for two years before purchasing it. So I had a really good idea of the pros and cons. After owning it now for about a month I'm glad I waited for the 2020. The Bolt is a solid vehicle and because of the weight of the battery it feels larger than it is. 2 trips in the 200 mile range have been made with no range anxiety. Admittedly I don't drive it like a sports car. However, it does have the ability to keep up with traffic on the freeway. For the way I like to drive the Bolt was a great choice.

Don’t be afraid of electric cars you’ll be amazed!

Most people don’t understand how great electric cars are especially here in Arizona you can drive the car for a little very little cost per mile and they are completely reliable and have very almost zero maintenance requirements!

This car really exceeds expectations

We bought this car last month, and got a terrific deal ($17K discount), so only paid $23K. I can't believe these cars aren't selling like crazy! The acceleration is remarkable, better than any car I've ever had. Cruising down the highway is incredibly quiet. Comfort is fine, I don't know why some people have complained about the front seat. In front it's one of the roomiest cars I've been in. Hatchback area is a little on the small side, but adequate. Touchscreen is large and easy to use. Really there's nothing we don't like about it. Hopefully it will be reliable as well.

From the Volt to the Bolt!

After 5 happy years with our Gen 1 Volt and glowing reviews from a friend who bought the first Bolt in our state (an early '17 with 95k trouble-free miles), we couldn't resist the incentives to buy a new '20 Bolt LT-drove the $40,150-stickered car off the lot for under 28k with no trade. My wife chose it to replace her Civic - we're keeping the Volt. I'm 6' 3" and 190 pounds and find the seats comfortable, but if I were any broader of beam the seatbacks might be too tight. My petite, slim wife loves it, and prefers the driving position to the Volt. Great visibility all around, the bright, airy cabin seems huge given the car's exterior dimensions. Back seat room is impressive, I have plenty of leg and headroom. Drop the back seat and the hatch offers impressive cargo space. We love the way it drives. Comes with a charge cord for L1 charging at home, you don't need to install an L2 charger right away, or ever if you don't drive longer distances frequently. (You can charge at 8 or 12 amps L1, 12 amps adds about 5 miles charge per hour.) Note that DC Fast Charging capability is an option, if you plan to take road trips or need faster charging times make sure the Bolt you choose has it. The Driver Confidence packages (there are 2) are awesome, and work very well. I have collision avoidance on the Volt and one dark, rainy evening it saved a pedestrian's life. So far we are averaging over 4 miles per kWh, which is about the best our Volt can do. If you are considering an EV, go to your Chevy dealer and test-drive one. Prepare to be impressed. (Note that most dealers don't care much for them, they require almost zero maintenance - just tire rotations and cabin filter change. Lots of money saved over the life of the car. The Chevy Bolt is proof that EVs are now mainstream. We couldn't imagine going back to a conventional gas car.