2015 Chevrolet City Express consumer reviews

side view of 2015 City Express Chevrolet
Explore the 2015 City Express Chevrolet
Shop the 2015 City Express Chevrolet
2.4

OK if you live in a place that doesn't get hot or

Cool little van but the heating system does not work. You can't use this thing in the winter. The doors freeze shut and the heat does not work well enough to thaw them out. Death trap in the winter.

4.0

Nice little van

This is reliable little van and I took it road tripping every year and then would double it as a handicap van for my grandson, he is in a wheelchair. It worked well until my grandson grew up and needed a traditional conversion handicap van. The only complaint I have is the back driver tire had some flaw, it would have to be replaced before the others and would develop a bubble.

28 to 30 mpg. Very easy to drive and park.

We have several dogs. Low step in height. Economical and maneuverable . Get the window in the passenger side sliding rear door. Better for parking lots.

2.0

disappointment again

i think they are rust buckets metal is to thin get dents easy dont come with trailer wiring in rear they never make improvement to correct anything

4.4

Well designed, rides well, comfortable,versatile

Very comfortable to drive. 6' tall no need to put seat all the way back, plenty head room, able to maintain good posture to reduce fatigue. Driver seat moves front-to-back, back tilts fwd-back, seat adjusts up and down, and has lumbar support. Side mirrors are very good viewing. Great heat, acceleration, handling. Cargo space works well with versatility of access. Standard AM/FM is so-so.

its a good vehicle

loving it for the business I want it for I believe it will last for a long time, I drove all the way to Chicago to get it.

Great Small Utility Van

We needed a van to facilitate the numerous tools and supplies that we regularly carry for our cleaning and maintenance business. After much research and shopping around, the Chevy City Express that we purchased used was bargain priced when compared to other small utility vans in its class and year. I need to caveat this review by stating that we?ve only owned the truck for about a month, but in that time, we have found the truck to fill all of our needs. The gas mileage is so much better than the full-sized SUV that we replaced. It is more comfortable for the driver and passenger. The 4-cylinder engine provides sufficient power to haul the 1500 pound payload capacity and the cargo area is large enough to handle 4x8 sheets of material. Some reviews of this vehicle have criticized the CVT transmission and it does take some getting used to, but after a month of driving it, I find that I really like it. The only drawback that we have encountered up to this point is that it cannot be used to tow anything. All in all, we have found the Chevy City Express to be a great additional tool for our business and would highly recommend that anyone considering a similar vehicle not to overlook it.

3.3

Like Winnie-The-Pooh's Tigger, but with cargo room

OK, for starters, I understand where Nissan was going with this vehicle and why Chevrolet co-opted it. Little cargo van, able to negotiate city streets and tight parking garages with no problem, cheap to build, easy to modify... it's like someone took a Sentra, put it on stilts and welded leaf springs in the back. The problem is, Ford upgraded the Transit Connect before these hit the streets. And I had the opportunity to drive one before I was issued "Tigger," my 2015 City Express. The differences are not just stark; they're staggering. The Transit Connect feels like a Fusion with a high roof and a big... posterior. It's planted. It's composed. It has a decent radio even if it's for listening to your boss drone on incessantly on a conference call. But it feels like you're driving a normal car. Some people like the driving position; some don't. I don't care whether I'm face-to-face with the SUV driver who thinks this is a game of Mad Max. The City Express, by comparison, feels like you're driving a econo-car on stilts. It is jittery. It is wild. No, it doesn't feel like driving a big full-size van, but when you go over speed bumps at anything more than 5 MPH, it feels like the entire van is about to pull a Herbie. This thing rides ROUGH even over the slightest of bumps. I guarantee you I'm not carrying anything near the maximum payload of this van, but it can't compare to the composed behavior of the Ford. You can look inside the van and see the copious amounts of expanding foam that separates the seams. This vehicle was built on a budget. It might be bouncy, trouncy, flouncy pouncy and full of cargo fun, but it's NOT the only one, and the competition builds a much better city cargo vehicle. Unfortunately, a lot of corporate bean-counters will be swayed by the bottom line, and a lot of massage therapists will reap the benefits of buying the cheaper option.

3.7

2015 Chevy City Express

Please, Disregard the other consumers review. The city express has a 2.0L 4 cylinder that is paired to a CVT transmission. If you have never driven a vehicle with a CVT tranny then it will take getting used to not feeling the gear changes or clunky downshifts when accelerating or getting to highway speeds. We've used a fleet of these for hotshots and have yet to see a problem from them. We normally carry around a 1,500lb load in them, which the city express handles without a problem. Only real complaint is that the vehicles only come with a driver side armrest, which is fine for solo drivers. But if you have a long haul requiring tandems you'd wish the additional arm rest was there. Overall satisfied with Chevy's initial entry into the "City" styled delivery vehicle.

2.4

Gross disappointment

The interior and exterior styling do not compensate for the lack of power, empty or loaded. Around town making deliveries or going to a job site with even semi-loaded, the engine lugs and doesn't respond when excelleration is needed. On the highway empty or loaded, this vehicle is a dog and takes effort to attain highway speed. Chevrolet should can the Nissan engine as mechanics rate it fair to poor. Too bad as I'm mainly a Chevy fan.