NEW
Take our quiz & meet the car you’ll love.
2012 Cruze

2012 Chevrolet Cruze

2012 Chevrolet Cruze

4.2

4 out of 5 stars Performance

Have You Driven the 2012 Chevrolet Cruze?

Best Car For My Money

by 20 yr Chevy Owner from Minneapolis,MN on Sun Feb 12 2012

I recently purchased a 2012 Chev Cruze.I have the base model,but has great features.It has read out for 4 tire air pressure,Batt Voltage,Coolant Temp and all MPG info.I have the 6 speed manual transmission and with a 4cyl engine, I still have plenty of "Get up and Go".It handles extremely well on snowy/icy roads.I get 42 MPG Hwy @ 55mph and 38 MPG @ 65mph.The interior is very well designed and very comfortable.Plenty of space in rear seats and surprisingly large trunk space.I am very pleased with this purchase---I previously owned a Malibu Maxx SS.

I AM A CAR PRO READ THIS REVIEW

by CarExpert1 from Humboldt Iowa on Wed Jan 09 2019

I’ve driven this car for 87k miles and I’m the original owner. Comfort is ok. It’s a Chevy not your grandmas buick. But for a small car it rides decent. Interior design lacks storage space. You sit too high, the center console needs to be bigger. Performance. My car has a 1.4l turbocharged engine. Now it’ll do 0-60 in about 10 seconds, it’s not a racing car. But it’ll get up and go decently fast up until you hit 45mpg because it doesn’t have a lot of torque but hey it’s a cheap car. Gas mileage is great! If I’m going 60mph I get 38-43mpg if I’m doing 75mpg I get 32-35mpg. The handling is amazing winter driving was no problem just use common sense. This car is a GREAT bang for your buck. You get great fuel economy a stylish design a nice sporty side. Now reliability. I live in northern Iowa. It was -23 degrees actual temp. It remote started perfectly fine outside no garage. I’ve driven 87k miles with no engine issues I get it serviced regularly and please run synthetic oil don’t be stupid. All the electrical works perfect the car shifts smooth. It is a good car for the price

Cruze is Hard to Beat

by Sky Topper from Martin, TN on Tue Feb 26 2013

Last summer, my trusty Alero finally gave up the ghost, so I had to get a new car. I was really wanting to go with a hybrid for my next car, but when I saw that the Cruze, had a relatively high mpg rating, I checked into it. I looked at other cars, but kept coming back to the Cruze because it was such a classy looking car, seemed solid through and through, had amazing trunk space, and did get great gas mileage. When I first went to visit my parents 160 miles away I was amazed that I could make one and a half round trips before getting gas. The sound system is awesome and the Bluetooth sync to my phone is extremely nice to have. The other thing I like about the Cruze that sold me vis'a'vis the Malibu or many of the other new cars out there around that size is that the side windows are more like I'm used to. The Dodge Avenger, and to a lesser extent the Malibu almost makes me claustrophobic because the side windows are not tall enough. Even though the Cruze is a smaller car, it felt bigger. After 14,000 miles (already) I can honestly say that I am very happy with the purchase. The Cruze may not be for everybody, but I have been looking for a car for my daughter to drive, now that her 2002 Honda Civic has seen its better days, and frankly, I can't find a better one. She wants mine....and I can't say as I blame her!. .

Creat car, great milage

by nelsonnh from Southern New Hampshire on Fri Jul 25 2014

Have a 2012 Cruze eco, bought used. Mileage is fantastic. averaged 35.5 mixed driving on first tank. exterior design is handsome, does not stand out but looks good just the same. cars rides great for a small car. feels confident and holds the road well. the interior, while not "perfect" is above and beyond what used to be expected for a small car. the cloth on the dash and the layout looks modern. controls, with exception of the manual door locks are placed where they should be. the doors locks on the lower left dash is puzzling. the car cabin is quiet, the six speaker sound system is fine. Nothing fancy but gets the job done. If you are looking for a small car it might be hard to beat this one overall.

Great First Car

by JM30 from Chicago/Seattle on Fri Apr 24 2015

I bought my 2012 Eco new exactly 3 years ago. I got an internship that had me driving around everywhere and I needed something great on gas. I test drove the Civic, Corolla, and Cruze. The Cruze felt like the highest quality of the three to me. I was an anti-GM guy myself. My brother had a Cavalier and I thought that I would never own a Chevy and had driven Honda up until now. So I went with the Eco 6 speed manual. I agree with other reviewers in that the turbo lag is real. I really was able to get it to break in nicely though. Yes, it's virtually impossible to pass on the highway at 60 MPH in 6th gear, but drop it to 5th or 4th and it picks up. I've dropped it to 3rd and that gear REALLY finds the power curve with the turbo. I've really learned to get a feel for what the engine wants and how it wants to be driven. It has good pick up and it has minimal road noise on the highway. My sister has complained about the gear ratios but I just think it's how a person has learned to drive a stick. I like the pick up it has and it is surprisingly fun to drive. The car is at 40k miles now. Only ever had oil changes every 6k miles and two small recalls that took minutes to fix when I brought it in. I pounded it the first year I had it, put on 20k miles that year and averaged 44 MPG (all highway). Since, at around 10k/yr on mixed driving, it'll hover around 38-41 MPG depending on how I drive it. I moved it from Chicago to Seattle last summer and it did great. It's comfortable for long hauls (I'm 6'2), can get tiring in traffic (what manual doesn't), but it has all the amenities you need. I wouldn't recommend anyone sit behind me though because the seat is pretty far back. Great iPod connectivity with the controls on the steering wheel. Cruise control is easy to use and I like how you can just push up and down to increase/decrease speed by 1 MPH increment or hold it for faster acceleration. It could use some more storage in the middle counsel. I like the ease of use of the center controls for sure. Well thought out interior in my opinion. Love the bluetooth as well. I prefer calling my parents when I'm on my way out of work because it just sounds so clear through the speakers. My only real complaint I have for it is that there is no spare tire. The engineers thought that they could save weight by not having a spare. I haven't had a tire issue in the 40k miles I have driven it but I just don't wanna have a blowout and not be able to fix it myself. I might carry one in the trunk but it will take up space. I hope the reliability stays with it. It beat the horrible Chicago weather before I moved (consistent subzero temps and snow). I love the car. No problems right now is great but I still fear the Chevy bug will hit it before I get to 100k. My hope is to drive this car until it can't drive anymore. TL;DR great gas mileage, great commuter, reliable (for now), surprisingly fun.

great little car

by Eddie from wilmington,de 19810 on Thu Jun 14 2012

I bought this Car for ever day use. We took a vacation to Georgia and was driving to Savanna from Rincon Ga. Then drove to Clearwater fl. stayed 2 days there and drove to Seabring Fl. then we drove back to Rincon Ga then next day we drove back to Delaware the car preformed great got 33.4 miles per gallon with a lot of city driving and also runing 70 mph most of the trip.

Most reliable car I've owned

by robc7gt from MENIFEE on Fri May 18 2018

I bought this car brand new and I have put 61,000 mikes on it with absolutely no problems. I am happy that I chose a Chevy Cruze.

Good value to get you where going!

by Manofsteel99 on Wed Feb 28 2018

The car is nice looking, inside and out, gets excellent gas mileage, though initial pick up a little sluggish due to small engine, once going fine. Back seats would be cramped if larger person sat there. Good small car value if using for own needs and no frills!

Low quality internal parts, Otherwise perfect!

by Nathan from ohio on Sun Feb 07 2016

Wonderful features, great design, very comfortable, good value. But... Within 1 year I've had to replace the valve cover, water pump, and transmission lines... Here's to hoping I can actually get 6 or more consecutive months out of her without requiring unexpected service.

Does not recommend this car!!

Cool and thrifty

by miser with style from Birch Run, MI on Wed Jun 20 2012

Cruze with Pioneer radio upgrade, sunroof,RS package and a stick makes driving fun again! For a 50 year old, that is refreshing. Oh, and I do enjoy my daily 130 mile round trip commute while averaging 40+ mpg. Judging by the stares the car receives, I would say it is an eye catcher too. Thank you again General Motors and Chevrolet.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 23