1997 Chevrolet Monte Carlo

EXCELLENT CAR

by from CARY NC on January 24, 2007

I HAVE OWNED THIS CAR FOR 50K AND IT IS A WONDERFUL CAR. I GET 20 MPG AROUND TOWN AND AS HIGH AS 34MPG ON THE HIGHWAY. RECENTLY I WAS DRIVING IT 500 MILES PLUS A WEEK WITH NO BREAKDOWNS OR ANY PROBLEMS, A NICE SMOOTH QUITE RIDE AT 75MPH PLUS. I AM VERY HAPPY WITH MY MONTE CARLO.

worked for me

by from alberta, canada on April 27, 2008

This car is a good car for me. I've had to start doing repairs on it...but mostly standard things based on a 11 year old car. The engine sometimes high idles or the idle waves, but it hasn't left me stranded yet. It's a comfortable ride, but I'm short so I find my feet aren't quite long enough for the stretch to the petals. Handling is really good, I can speed down a gravel road and not even move around. The trunk, is really huge, it holds everything!

97' Monte Carlo

by from PA on April 12, 2009

I have own my Monte' for almost 3 month, the car is awesome and really comfort. I drive it around and get the great gas mileage. One minor problem is fault alarm on dash, like ABS warning, traction control light and CHK engine light. Other than that this car is great!

Good Car but lacks power

by from Flat Gap on March 21, 2012

When chevy went with the lumina platform for the Monte Carlo they took most of the power you expect from the Monte Carlo. Over all a good car but tremendously under powered.

An Awesome Car

by from Massachusetts on February 20, 2007

I have had my Monte Carlo for about a year and a half and it is by far the best car that I have owned. I am a collage student and I make regular trips from Massachusetts to Pennsylvania. The gas millage is 29 and 34 Highway and about 20 - 22 in town or city driving. Other than minor repairs the car has been fantastic. The engine is one of the best that Chevy makes. For the size of the engine in the car is is quick. I am also a musician so there is lots of room for hauling various gear and the fold down rear seats are helpful for large items that need to be transported. I love my Monte Carlo!

info

by from athens pa on March 19, 2011

car has a few problems abs system problems and brakes had to replace the intake manafold gasket problem had a water leaking from the front of the intake at 100000 miles best to remove the spark plug coils and clean the corosion from the contacts and put dyelectric greese in the contacts car has head gasket problems too.and a fuel air sensor problems just spray sensor cleaner on it it will fix it the sun roof leaks i sealed that up with sealant cant get parts. ive gotten 30mpg on a road trip to connecut keep a eye on the rear brake lines for rotting out and blow out car has a electric brake mod it the car to help you stop. over all it gets me to work and starts every time keep the oil and fluids changed and normal service it will be a good car. for the money good luck and safe driving

Best. Car. Ever!

by from Florida on June 17, 2017

I've owned this car for just over 20 years, still use it as my main vehicle to get back/forth to work (100 miles/day).

Our Expert Review: 1997 Chevrolet Monte Carlo

Similar Models

Select up to three models to compare with the 1997 chevrolet monte_carlo

You have selected maximum of 3 cars

Remove one of these cars to add others or compare the below cars now.