NEW
Take our quiz & meet the car you’ll love.
2019 Silverado 1500

2019 Chevrolet Silverado 1500

#2 Most Popular Truck
2019 Chevrolet Silverado 1500

4.0

4 out of 5 stars Value for the Money

Have You Driven the 2019 Chevrolet Silverado 1500?

Interior Designers Dropped the Ball

by Falcon63026 from Fenton, Missouri on Wed May 22 2019

I upgraded from the 2014 Silverado LT quad cab to the 2019 Silverado LT crew cab. Love the extra room in the cab for passengers. Interior design on the 2019 took a step backward. No sunglasses compartment anymore, usb connections on the dash rather inside the armrest, no bin on left side of dash for change, and impractical open bins on top of the dash and flip-up arm rest. And, no texting app in the infotainment system. Very nice ride, but interior design a big disappointment. Wish I had bought a 2018 holdover.

Does not recommend this car!!

Chevy has come a long way

by Chevyninja88 from Vallejo, Ca on Thu May 23 2019

I wasn't initially sold on the exterior looks but after seeing it up close it really changed my mind. The interior is fine I know people have been complaining it isn't as well appointed as the Ram's but I wasn't in the market for an all out luxury vehicle. It is very quiet inside and the ride is pretty plush as well. It feels very solid and well made to last. The start/stop technology is a little annoying but I appreciate Chevy's attempt at saving a little gas. Not sure about a starter though down the road! I got a good deal also compared to the other manufacturers. I am very pleased and surprised by this truck and I have owned every one except for the Titan.

2019 Silverado takes the cake again!

by Southern by Choice in GA from Atlanta on Wed May 22 2019

I drove a 2017 Silverado LT with the 5.3 AFM engine with the 6 speed tranny before buying the 2019. The 2017 Silverado was awesome and I loved it! But this new 2019 with the new and upgraded 5.3 DFM engine, paired with the 8 speed tranny is in a whole new class! This truck is also roomier, has more cargo space, the engine and tranny marriage is smoother and makes driving our up-and-down hills of north GA almost disappear with near-effortless driving with near-imperceptible shifting. The truck is even quieter than my Cadillac, which is amazing. This truck clobbers both the RAM 1500 and the Ford F-150 overall in my opinion. The Ford and Ram may beat the Chevy on a few INsignificant line items that most people don't care about in the half-ton category. Many reviews point out the others may have a larger fuel tank (who cares?), a few tenths of a second faster (who cares?), can tow a couple hundred pounds more (who cares? If you tow stuff bigger than the 1500 Silverado can handle, then you should be driving a 3/4 or 1 ton anyway (common sense, duhh). But OVERALL the Chevy is a whole step above (crash, bang, thump-bump busted transmissions) Ford, and Ram (many buyers still look at like it's a Dodge so don't be surprised by the resale value once you drive it off the lot). The new Chevy simply takes the cake again! Ok, there are some gnat-bites that I wish were better on the 2019 Silverado: No ash tray!? I don't smoke, but I always use the ashtray for storing small things that I want quick access to (Chapstick, a trailer key, etc). Not a big deal, but initially a disappointment. The auto-start-stop is great at times, but also of goofy at times in stop and go traffic, but the Chevy has a button that I can press to temporarily disable the auto-stop whenever I don't want it to engage. Also, it irks me that Chevy doesn't have auto-up-down for all four windows. It has auto DOWN for all four, but auto UP only for the driver. My wife's recent Toyota and current Honda all have auto-up AND down for all windows; I wish Chevy would step up and do the same. Finally, for some reason Chevy decided to make the turn signal "stalk" just a "toggle" for the high/low beam operation. In the 2017 Silverado, the high-beam would be set by pushing the stalk forward, and it would stay forward until I would pull it back again to revert to low beam. That configuration is great because I can keep my eyes on the road rather than having to look down to see if the high beams are on or off (especially on stretches of road where I often switch back and forth between high and low beams). It's easy to forget whether you're on high or low beam in many situations, but you can touch the stalk and know instantly whether you're on hi or lo beam. But the 2019 stalk is only a "toggle" for hi and lo, meaning you PUSH the stalk forward for hi beam and the stalk just pops back into its original position. So if a car appears over a hill, and you can't remember if your beams are on hi or lo, you can tell only by taking your eyes off the road and looking at the dash board for a blue light. In the 2019, too many times I pull the stalk again, only to realize I was already on lo beam, and inadvertently turn the hi beams on which is followed by getting flashed by a now angry or confused oncoming driver who is wondering why I flashed my hi beams at him. This is probably the biggest blunder Chevy made on the 2019. I think it's a safety issue and Chevy could do a recall to replace the stalk mechanism, but don't hold your breath. Otherwise, I love the 2019 Silverado would buy it again in a heartbeat!

power tailgate

by DanO from Punta Gorda on Sat Nov 17 2018

After reading your review I had the opportunity to see and drive a new 2019 Silverado 1500. Many new features that make this the best Silverado yet. The power tailgate does in fact come in other models other than just the High Country as was stated by Cars.com. I am waitting for the Double Cab LTZ Z71 to be available (don't need to pay the extra for the Crew Cab that I won't use). GM has done a very nice job on the updates.

Beautiful Truck

by Chevy Truck Fan from Phoenix, AZ on Sun Oct 28 2018

This truck is very comfortable and luxurious and perfect for me and my family. I feel like a Rock Star when I’m driving around in

spare tire and jack system stinks

by stan no more chevys 4 me from portage pa on Tue Jul 23 2019

the spare is a 17inch temporary tire the tires on truck are 18inch, truck handles very poorly when spare tire is used, I thought using odd sized tires mess up your 4 wheel drive. jack wont get the truck high enough to remove flat tire '

Does not recommend this car!!

Lacking in a couple of areas

by Steveinachev from Toronto on Sat Jun 15 2019

This is my 4rth Silverado LT all have been good trucks.My 2019 was disappointing for $54,000.No satellite radio,or fog lights and I miss the glasses holder on the above console.Always have driven Chevrolet-GMC, next time gonna try something else.

Awesome

by GGodz from Pembroke, ny on Tue Apr 02 2019

I love the exterior styling of this truck,. The extra body lift is great,. The technology is cool on the inside as well. Keep up the good work GM

Love the roomy back seat!

by Walker from St Marys Pennsylvania on Thu Jun 13 2019

I got my new truck about 3 months ago, long enough to be able to write a review. I love the looks of the RST Z71. The duel chrome exhaust tips sets it off. I love the room in the back seat as I have 3 young children that are still in car seats. It’s easy for me to get right in there and buckle them up. I like the fact of having the full mats throughout the vehicle as well, makes it very easy to clean. The bed seems roomier as well. Hauls great, and does a great job pulling my camper. And the backup camera for hooking up to trailers is very helpful. A couple things I don’t personally care for is the push button tailgate. Kids mess with it all the time. I don’t like the small display that tells you if your in 2, 4 WD , or Auto. I’m not to keen on the push start and I do miss not having to put your foot on the brake to start it. I miss the acc position Incase you forget to roll up a window. I usually have to turn the truck back on. The tailgate seemed to have some factory paint defects as well. Miss my CD player. I don’t like the auto start stop. I shut that off as soon as I start it. The parking brake being on every time you park seems weird too, so is the noise when you open your door when it’s not running. The biggest thing that bothers me is that it only has 2200 miles and for some reason at times when you back out of somewhere and shift into drive, after you move ahead a few inches it seems that the tranny slams into gear. Jerks the whole truck. It did this about 5 times now. I’m so paranoid every time I shift out of reverse to drive now. But other then those few things I like the ride, the speaker quality could be better, heated steering wheel and seats are nice, love the max defrost and I like how the truck sounds. I like the truck, like the performance. Gets decent gas mileage even bumming around town. And like the looks of mine. The sleek body lines look pretty cool.

THE TRUCK RIDES AND LOOKS NICE.

by J FROM MID MO from 80 MILES A DAY TO DRS. on Tue Jun 18 2019

I was really disappointed to find out as I was leaving ,there is no XM RADIO ON SOME TRUCKS.I was even more disappointed that the customer was not told. I filed a complaint with gm and I was told they will help me resolve the problem.it's almost one of those believe it or not deals . IF THEY DO WHAT THEY SAY I WILL BE A G M CUSTOMER FOR EVER. TIME WILL TELL

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Our Take on the 2019 Chevrolet Silverado 1500

The verdict:

More impressive in almost every way than the vehicle it replaces, the redesigned 2019 Chevrolet Silverado 1500's interior oddly doesn't match up to the competition. More luxurious features and materials are kept for the sibling GMC Sierra 1500.

Versus the competition:

If you want the widest powertrain choices or you need your pickup to be safe and secure when towing and hauling, this is your truck. However, if you want state-of-the-art interior quality, luxury material choices and layout, you might have to look closer at Ford and Ram.

Here's a quick recap of the important aspects engineers touched in the all-new 2019 Chevrolet Silverado 1500: Chevy started with a larger and lighter frame using more high-strength steel than ever before and increased overall torsional rigidity (good for extra payload and towing capacities), saving 88 pounds in process. The doors, hood and tailgate are now aluminum for extra weight savings, as well.

All cabin configurations have been redesigned to provide more room and storage, with the most popular crew-cab model getting 2.5 inches of additional rear legroom.

New Trim Packages

Chevrolet also has improved its trim level offerings by breaking them down into three separate... Read More