2017 Spark

2017 Chevrolet Spark

2017 Chevrolet Spark

Have You Driven the 2017 Chevrolet Spark?

Reliable, Space Efficient

by XV from Phoenix, AZ on Wed Nov 15 2017

I have driven my manual Spark LS almost 14k mi since buying it in March (9 mos). This includes road trips, short commutes and everything in between. The drive is great, however the seats are a nightmare. The headrest puts your neck in some twisted un-human position and the rest of the seat has zero give. Have had many a passenger complain. Extremely disappointed with the redesign. However, it will get you where you're going reliably and on the cheap. I am averaging 36mpg.

This car saved my life

by Trojanwoman39 from Lewes, De on Wed Oct 11 2017

I had a 2016 Spark that recently got tboned by a Buick Enclave on passenger side hard! I loved that little car. That little car saved my life with all those air bags. My car was totaled but I walked away thanks to all the air bags. When insurance comes through I anticipate buying another one. She was no match for the tank that hit me but she made sure I had plenty of cushioning when it happened. Great mileage, fun to drive and surprisingly roomy. Loved the wifi and hands free features.

Very impressive, wasn't at all what I had expected

by stevefromtheburbs on Mon Jan 22 2018

I had sat in one of these when they first came out, at an auto show, and could not even close the door because it was so cramped. Fast forward a few years and I just bought one for my daughter as a college graduation present. Why? The price of $12000 for a leftover 2017 was too good to pass up for this car in the LS Auto version. It has an automatic transmission, air conditioning, a backup camera, onstar, APPLE CAR PLAY (WOW), and some other things like a rear wiper, rear window defroster, etc. Now it does have roll up windows, no power locks, etc. but you know, for a starter car, I can live with this. I'm a 300lb male, with a 6 foot height, and I can actually drive this car without feeling too cramped....I did have to adjust the seat a bit, but it works. Once in, you feel like there is more room than you would have expected on the outside. This is a good thing because this is a smaller car. But I also don't feel like cars are right on my bumper as I did when I had a Prius - that seems weird, I know, but it is what it is. Onstar gives you a way to lock the drivers door (only) and unlock your drivers door, remotely, but the key comes with no remote unlock buttons (LS version). The rear hatch is an electric release but you cannot remotely unlock that. But Onstar does give you crash detection and notification, security, and guidance plans - guidance would be good on a car without a GPS and if you do not take advantage of the Apple Car Play system. Apple Car Play is something that you must really think about on a car without a NAV system and without any satellite radio. You can stream your music, use apple maps for directions, and see your screen on the car's screen. I don't like to have to plug in my phone to the USB jack to use Apple Car Play but you get used to it and realize it is a really great thing to have. As for handling, it does a decent job at this, way better than other cars I've had that cost 2x as much. Acceleration isn't as bad as some say it is - it is like 94 horsepower, but it is decent. There is a CVT (on my model) and it reacts well, is smooth, and does the job well. I worry about the 15" wheels and some of the big potholes out there these days, but I've lived through those days before and didn't hit too many. And back in those days I had 13" wheels. Given the $12000 total price (big leftover sale from Chevy), I'm considering getting one of these when my Buick Encore lease is over because this is like less than 1/2 the cost and isn't as bad as you'd think just for commuting to/from work. Gas mileage is too soon to be sure, but so far I'm seeing 32MPG mixed highway and city. Same with reliability, but so far nothing I needed to bring back to the dealer for - everything is working, fit and finish is 100%, and while not a luxury ride, everything works and all doors close and open properly, etc. Oh, yes, I was able to test this in the snow and the stabilitrak system does work well. There isn't alot of ground clearance, so don't expect to plow through 6 or more inches of snow, but should get you where you need to go on plowed roads. The ABS works as it should. So, want a surprise? Take one of these for a drive and give it a few days to get used to it (maybe rent one?) and you'll find as I have, there is a car you can still buy today for less than $20K that gives you more than you expect and is a decent value.

Cool for first car.

by Yenahpets from Chicago, IL on Tue Nov 15 2016

Love this car, it's extremely cute. The only this is it takes off pretty slow, other than that a great investment.

2017 Sparks

by Sparky aka Spark from Oberlin ,Oh on Sat Mar 18 2017

I love the 2017 Spark It has lot of get n go very peppy little car The gas mileage is awesome 40 mpg I would tell anyone looking gor s little car and you want awesome gas milage get this car Mine is Black Sparkly and I love it and btw the radio Is awessome sound great and as for the heater you can be toasty warm it takes about 4 to 5 mins from a cold start for it to get nice and toasty warm and the back up camera is very helpful as for the air conditioning we have not tryed it yet still cold were Im from but you do get a great breeze with all the windows open and the back seats fold down just in case you may need that extra room for food or thrift store shopping .. I love everything about this car. This is my first new car

Best value for the money

by Mumanda from on Thu Mar 09 2017

It's a nice car, still need to break it in but overall I like it. Needs a little more power. Has more interior room than the spark I test drove

Best car buying experience

by Sparky Driver from Humble, TX on Thu Apr 06 2017

I wanted a specific car, with a manual transmission. Not easily located. Not one that you can just find any car lot. I explained what I wanted and was not forced to settle! I got the Cari wanted at a great price without having to search dealerships. ?

Comfortable & stylish

by h.potter from on Fri Sep 08 2017

Just bought a 2017 chevy spark. We also own a 2014 spark. We've always liked the mileage aspect. The new car is more comfortable, has greater pick-up, and looks sportier.

I named her Sophie!

by Sophie's Mom from Freeport, Illinois on Tue Nov 07 2017

I have had my 2017 Chevrolet Spark for a month and I love it! As a single person, it's all the car I need. She has backup camera, is aligned with my Smartphone, and three months free OnStar and satellite radio. The gas mileage is amazing. The ride is smooth and comfortable and she is very responsive. I even named her Sophie!

great car

by newcarowner from sunnyside NYC on Mon May 29 2017

This car is the top of the line in cars lest then 150" long great to park and on gas and safety too, for city car and week end get away it is tops in its class.

out of 5 starsInterior Design