Find out if this car is the best match for you.
2012 500

2012 FIAT 500

2012 FIAT 500

4.3

Have You Driven the 2012 FIAT 500?

I am in love!

by New Fiat Owner from AZ on Sun Sep 04 2011

I just purchased a Fiat 500c Pop. I got the white pearl with a burgundy top. The interior is red and cream with a white dash and steering wheel. This car is absolutely beautiful!! I had to get one out of state because there wasn't a lot of options where I live. Mine is a stick and I would highly recommend the manual. I am a woman and realize most women either don't like stick or don't know how to drive one. If you can and don't mind GET THE MANUAL. The car drives amazing and has a lot of pickup for such a small amount of horses. The options are amazing, and the car is high quality on the inside and out. People have told me it looks like a very expensive vehicle. I get a lot of questions, people stare and point while I am driving down the street. The compliments are endless. The seats are comfy, and the backseat fits my twins and boosters just fine. Love the steering mounted controls and the radio works great without having to upgrade to Bose. The sport button when pressed gives you a very noticeable difference in driving experience. Shifting is so smooth, I thought something was wrong with it when I first test drove it! The automatic cloth top feels very solid when operating it and opens up the car beautifully! Right now I am getting 44 mpg and that is city!!! Great car, get one now while the price is still acceptable. If it picks up in popularity like I think it will the price will go up as well.

I love my little red Fiat!

by Sassy Mia from Manzanita, OR on Tue Jan 31 2012

I have had my little red Fiat for over two weeks now. She is a great little car. I have taken a little road trip and put over 1,000 miles on her, went shopping for groceries, dog food and clothing and still had room. Gave rides to friends and family and everyone was comfortable, even in the back seat. I drove her for eight hours and was still having fun! I am not a small petite person but a short, fat one and I fit so good in this car! She had ummmf to get up and go when passing cars, great parking ability, wonderful in the parking lots when I needed to manuver around others, great stopping power, and so much fun to drive! I love the fixed glass roof in my little Fiat! The wonderful color and design of the interior is so handy and cute! The seats just wrap around you with comfort and support with just enough leg room for comfort and ease. Very comfortable heating system, so great to set it on automatic and be cozy... it is temperature controled. Great Bose sound system with Satilite and easy to use Blue and Me! You just can't ask for more at this price point! I would certainly recommend this product to any friend or acquaintance! I love it!

Lots of Bang for your Buck!

by HorseOwner2 from Tucson, AZ on Thu Nov 07 2013

I bought my Fiat 500 Sport 6 months ago. I bought it with 18,000 miles on it and put on 26,000. I drive highway and city half and half. I have heated seats, Bose,automoatic, and Auto climate control. These things make me not miss my old Cadillac. I am surprised at how much I love driving this car. No problems with power at all for me, I can merge onto a 65 mile an hour freeway with no problem and turn on the Sport button for plenty of zip around town. I average 37 MPG. I feel like this car has the best value for your dollar. I tried a Fiesta, Focus, Veloster, and Accent. Fiesta was most comparable but had weird shifting. The Fiat made me smile the moment I saw it.

My dream car come true

by FiatLover from Dubuque, IA on Fri Mar 10 2017

I've owned my Fiat 500 for nearly 5 years now. I've put all of its 83000 miles on it myself and I am still in love with it. It's never left me stranded and has been extremely affordable to purchase, operate, and maintain. Best car ever. I'm 5'11" and a I'm a big man, and this is an extremely comfortable car. (In the front seat).

Great little car!

by Elmo from Virginia Beach, VA on Wed Apr 18 2012

Very cool ride that the average American do not understant! Here it will always be:the bigger the better! If you do not need to carry more than your grocery or many people can't beat this car. Very advanced technology wise, excellent score for safety, super fun to drive specially the Cabrio (it handles like a go-kart and it is zippy!), manual is a must, great mileage, stilysh and cute as a button! Do we have a point here? Lets learn from Europe how to waste less, be more frugal and help to save our planet!

Awesome Car

by Fiat 500 Lounge from Texas on Tue Nov 22 2011

I love driving my Fiat! I bought the Lounge edition because I love the extra flair it brought to the exterior and interior of the 500. My 500 is loaded with Leather seats, navigation, reverse parking sensors...basically everything you would expect on something much more expensive. Being a small city car, I was a bit nervous about it's highway performance but it actually does quite well and I feel extremely confident. Overall I am happy with my purchase and would definitely recommend it to others looking for a car with style and sophistication.

Fun Ride!

by Finicky Consumer from West Chester, OH on Wed Oct 02 2013

I knew I wanted to purchase a vehicle in the sub-compact category but there are more than ever from which to choose. I looked at VW GTIs, Ford Fiestas, Honda Fits, Toyota Yaris, and Mini Coopers but in the end I was blown away by how stylish, affordable, and fun the Fiat 500 Sport is to drive. It's only been a month but I just love it!

Most fun car to drive period.

by fiatfan from Butler, Ky on Fri Nov 28 2014

I bought a 2012 Pop, put around 13,000 miles on it. Took it in for an oil change, the Fiat dealer made me an offer on a 2013 Sport model that I could not pass up. My sport is the most fun car I've ever owned, you really have to drive one to understand the feeling. Best design and quality for the money, comes with tons of standard features. The manual says to open it up some during break in period, so I found a safe road and took it up to 125 mph. I stayed quiet and solid and still had plenty of pedal left. Driving can be bland or exciting, and the 500 sport is exciting every time I get behind the wheel. I would recommend either the Pop or the Sport model, but get a stick shift and use the "sport" button for more aggressive driving. Also, expect to have people ask you tons of questions about your Fiat should you decide to get one. I enjoy bragging about my sport, so it doesn't bother me at all.

So far, So good

by Joe from New York on Mon Jan 23 2012

Had my new sport model for 2 weeks now and I am getting use to the small car feel ( had a SUV before). I ordered the vehicle fully loaded and it took about 7 weeks to get. First off I must say, This car draws a lot of attention from people who I guess never saw a fiat before. On the road it has a smooth feel and I do feel safe. Im 6ft. tall and have the sunroof that does not hit my hair ( with seat in the lowest position). I found the Car handles much better in sport mode. I like the way the controls are laid out and are easy to use. Materials are mostly hard plastic, But thats how most cars in this price range are. My only issue was that Fiat took away the 3yr. maintance warranty on vehicles delivered after Jan. 4th. 2012. Even if it was pre ordered before that date. All and all I would say for the money its a very nice car for getting around town. Reliability for my 2 week ownership is hard to rate, So i gave a average mark.

Style, performance, and fun, in a small package

by Claremont 007 from Claremont, CA on Sat Jan 21 2012

I've owned a Fiat 500 'Sport' for about two months now, and have never enjoyed a small car this much. The 'retro' styling is a real head-turner, both inside and out. It definitely stands out in a crowd - no dull econobox, this. Mine is painted 'verde chiaro' - light green - which seems a good retro colour for a retro car! It's a great city car, with a snappy turning radius and easy parking in the smallest of spots. The steering and handling are very responsive, both on city streets and the interstate. The cabin is quiet for a small car, and the ride, while firm, is comfortable - as are the fit-like-a-glove front seats. There is a surprising amount of room up front, even for bigger men - I'm well over six feet and two hundred pounds. My only complaint concerns the wide 'B' pillars. They're put to good use, housing some of the car's seven airbags - but also cause a bit of a blind spot. Fiat, however, compensates to a good degree for this by adding a concave side view mirror for the driver. The back seats are, as one would expect, on the cramped side for larger adults like me. But smaller adults like my 5' 4" daughter and her 5' 6" fiancee do just fine. The boot has enough room for the results of a good-sized grocery run. Need more space? The split back seats can be easily dropped forward. I bought my 'Sport' model with the optional six-speed automatic transmission (I'm getting a little too stiff in the joints for a stick); mated to the 1.4L 101hp engine, it's actually surprisingly peppy, without labouring or searching for gear changes. My mileage has been a little better than I expected - 36 MPG on the highway, 30 in the city. Speaking of highways, getting up to speed on the on-ramps hasn't been a problem at all. Would I recommend the car to a friend? Well, I actually recommended it to my boss - who happily bought one, replacing an ageing Honda Civic. You'd have to be pretty confident about a car to do something like that!

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Our Take on the 2012 FIAT 500

A year after Fiat returned stateside with the 500 hatchback, it brought us the Abarth performance version, named for Austrian racer and aftermarket tuner Karl Abarth. The Abarth (pronounced AH-bart) adds another 59 horses to the 101-horsepower 500 — a double-espresso of extra power. Unfortunately, the drink is a bit bitter.

The 2012 Fiat 500 Abarth improves on the 500's driving fun, but it feels short on refinement, making its price premium hard to accept.

For standard features, the Abarth roughly matches the 500 Sport, the middle trim level; there's also a base 500 Pop and a better-equipped 500 Lounge. This review focuses on the Abarth; click here for our review of the 500... Read More