2012 FIAT 500 consumer reviews

side view of 2012 500 FIAT
Explore the 2012 FIAT 500
Shop the 2012 FIAT 500
1.0

They sold us a car with problems.

The day I purchased a 2012 Fiat 500, the tire pressure warning light would not turn off and there was a strong smell of burning rubber. We took the car back that same day and the employees said the warning light would reset and the rubber burning smell was caused by oil burning that spilled. In addition the windshield wiper filler cap was missing. They replaced the cap the next day. However the other two problems persisted. We purchased a one year warranty. Took it to a mechanic at Bay Area Tires. They found a plastic bag stuck under the muffler. That was covered. However, the warning light switch had to be replaced. IT DID NOT RESET ITSELF! WE HAD TO PAY $198.00. WE HAVE TRIED TO resolve this with them, up to today, unsuccessfully and get reimbursed by autodot for a problem for which they should have corrected the day we purchased the car. But not so, they are giving us the run around, say the need to speak to managers, owners...etc. They sold us a broken car, we told them the day we bought it , they didn't fix it, and we end up with the bill ,now we are stuck with. We do not recommend this dealership .God forbid you get a lemon ALL Sales are final they say, if you have issues with the vehicle the day you buy it, too bad, your problem.

1.7

Worst car I have ever owned!

This car was nothing but problems from day one u couldn’t pay me to have another one. I have had so many cars and this car was by far the worst I have ever owned! The head gasket even went out before I hit 60k. Stay away from this money pit!!!

The most Amazing Fun Beautiful and efficient Car

I loved this car .. is super gas efficient .. beautiful, amazing and so Fun to drive !! 😍😍😍😍 I recommended to all people... for commuting, fun , family trips etc etc

Solid, dependable, economical.

I like it. Very stable on the road. Corners well, front wheel drive offers great traction. Good acceleration if one knows how to use a manual transmission.

3.9

Save up on gas m, a great car for everyday commute

It's a good buy, had some easy fix defects but nothing mayor. I truly enjoy this car. Fits anywhere and I save a lot of money on gas.

Zippy, fun, and reliable

Way roomier than it looks, very fun to drive, adorable AND sporty. I will miss this car. The interior is pretty comfortable and the car is very lightweight. This makes it easier surprisingly in bad weather as it is way easier for a car this light to brake.

Great car

I really enjoy my car and would recommend this dealership to anyone who wants a new/used car. The sales rep worked with me to find a car I like and that was affordable to me.

4.3

Best fuel efficient car I’ve ever owned!

It has all the bells and whistles! This car is super fun to drive, easy to park, and better fuel efficiency than most hybrids on the market!

3.7

A reliable and entertaining little best

Great MPG * 36 city and up to 45 HWY. Not fast, but handles great. Definitely not a boring car. You get noticed in this car( good or bad? you decide). Quite reliable and good on back and wallet on long road trips.

1.0

Fix It Again Tomorrow

So I will say that it gets good mileage and is easy to park. Let’s start with the unsafe stuff 1st and yes I have let fiat know and they didn’t care. The back tires don’t have a kit to repair alignment there is no easy way to repair back tire alignment .there is a huge process that would take the mechanic a long time to repair it. I contacted fiat about this and they confirmed it’s a labor intensive process. The next unsafe thing : the headrests are really high and obstruct some Of the view out of the windows , especially the back window. Next unsafe thing : the engine is not well made and parts are waitlisted for several weeks. They don’t reimburse for the waittime and they didn’t care or seem to understand that engine part shortages mean the engine is not the best quality they they could achieve . Next unsafe thing: 3 of my rims have broken off without me hitting so much as a small twig on the road. Creates a road hazard for others during on the road they could run over it. Notice how the new model rims are different ?but no recall. So they knew it’s bad but are just acting like the update is for style. Things that just bug me. The indoor air filter takes 3 different types of tools to change, little things break , basically you name a little piece in this car and it’s broken off . The handle finish comes off and cuts people’s hands , especially the elderly. The top of the car doesn’t appear to be uv filter because I have gotten sunburned driving the car and with the glass top and gray cover closed. The little gray cover is see though and offers very little protection from the sun. I feel like the company doesn’t care because none of these things have caused major injuries. fiat Fix It Again Tomorrow.