NEW
Take our quiz & meet the car you’ll love.
2012 500

2012 FIAT 500

2012 FIAT 500

4.3

Have You Driven the 2012 FIAT 500?

My dream car come true

by FiatLover from Dubuque, IA on Fri Mar 10 2017

I've owned my Fiat 500 for nearly 5 years now. I've put all of its 83000 miles on it myself and I am still in love with it. It's never left me stranded and has been extremely affordable to purchase, operate, and maintain. Best car ever. I'm 5'11" and a I'm a big man, and this is an extremely comfortable car. (In the front seat).

I love my little red Fiat!

by Sassy Mia from Manzanita, OR on Tue Jan 31 2012

I have had my little red Fiat for over two weeks now. She is a great little car. I have taken a little road trip and put over 1,000 miles on her, went shopping for groceries, dog food and clothing and still had room. Gave rides to friends and family and everyone was comfortable, even in the back seat. I drove her for eight hours and was still having fun! I am not a small petite person but a short, fat one and I fit so good in this car! She had ummmf to get up and go when passing cars, great parking ability, wonderful in the parking lots when I needed to manuver around others, great stopping power, and so much fun to drive! I love the fixed glass roof in my little Fiat! The wonderful color and design of the interior is so handy and cute! The seats just wrap around you with comfort and support with just enough leg room for comfort and ease. Very comfortable heating system, so great to set it on automatic and be cozy... it is temperature controled. Great Bose sound system with Satilite and easy to use Blue and Me! You just can't ask for more at this price point! I would certainly recommend this product to any friend or acquaintance! I love it!

Great little car!

by Elmo from Virginia Beach, VA on Wed Apr 18 2012

Very cool ride that the average American do not understant! Here it will always be:the bigger the better! If you do not need to carry more than your grocery or many people can't beat this car. Very advanced technology wise, excellent score for safety, super fun to drive specially the Cabrio (it handles like a go-kart and it is zippy!), manual is a must, great mileage, stilysh and cute as a button! Do we have a point here? Lets learn from Europe how to waste less, be more frugal and help to save our planet!

Awesome Car

by Fiat 500 Lounge from Texas on Tue Nov 22 2011

I love driving my Fiat! I bought the Lounge edition because I love the extra flair it brought to the exterior and interior of the 500. My 500 is loaded with Leather seats, navigation, reverse parking sensors...basically everything you would expect on something much more expensive. Being a small city car, I was a bit nervous about it's highway performance but it actually does quite well and I feel extremely confident. Overall I am happy with my purchase and would definitely recommend it to others looking for a car with style and sophistication.

Fun Ride!

by Finicky Consumer from West Chester, OH on Wed Oct 02 2013

I knew I wanted to purchase a vehicle in the sub-compact category but there are more than ever from which to choose. I looked at VW GTIs, Ford Fiestas, Honda Fits, Toyota Yaris, and Mini Coopers but in the end I was blown away by how stylish, affordable, and fun the Fiat 500 Sport is to drive. It's only been a month but I just love it!

Most fun car to drive period.

by fiatfan from Butler, Ky on Fri Nov 28 2014

I bought a 2012 Pop, put around 13,000 miles on it. Took it in for an oil change, the Fiat dealer made me an offer on a 2013 Sport model that I could not pass up. My sport is the most fun car I've ever owned, you really have to drive one to understand the feeling. Best design and quality for the money, comes with tons of standard features. The manual says to open it up some during break in period, so I found a safe road and took it up to 125 mph. I stayed quiet and solid and still had plenty of pedal left. Driving can be bland or exciting, and the 500 sport is exciting every time I get behind the wheel. I would recommend either the Pop or the Sport model, but get a stick shift and use the "sport" button for more aggressive driving. Also, expect to have people ask you tons of questions about your Fiat should you decide to get one. I enjoy bragging about my sport, so it doesn't bother me at all.

So far, So good

by Joe from New York on Mon Jan 23 2012

Had my new sport model for 2 weeks now and I am getting use to the small car feel ( had a SUV before). I ordered the vehicle fully loaded and it took about 7 weeks to get. First off I must say, This car draws a lot of attention from people who I guess never saw a fiat before. On the road it has a smooth feel and I do feel safe. Im 6ft. tall and have the sunroof that does not hit my hair ( with seat in the lowest position). I found the Car handles much better in sport mode. I like the way the controls are laid out and are easy to use. Materials are mostly hard plastic, But thats how most cars in this price range are. My only issue was that Fiat took away the 3yr. maintance warranty on vehicles delivered after Jan. 4th. 2012. Even if it was pre ordered before that date. All and all I would say for the money its a very nice car for getting around town. Reliability for my 2 week ownership is hard to rate, So i gave a average mark.

Love this car!

by Trey from Kearney, NE on Thu Mar 03 2016

I have had this car for almost 3 years without any major problems, it has been an awesome car for driving around in the city. It is super fun to drive aggressively, sometimes it does feel a bit lethargic, but that is to be expected as it only has 101 horsepower stock. My only complaint is some of the build quality is not very good, but these were all cosmetic issues that Fiat replaced free of charge. I have been extremely impressed with their customer satisfaction! It is a great car, and I would highly recommend it.

Cute zippy and comfortable but dead by 50k miles

by LanieLucas from Fort Worth,TX on Thu Aug 17 2017

This car was so perfect for me it was the second one I've owned. I traded in one with 63k miles for one with less miles so I could have a more reliable car just before I had a baby. A year after I bought it the timing belt broke, which twisted the block, damaged the water pump and valves at 47000 miles. There is currently a recall on the clutch mechanism too. It took 8 weeks, two repair shops working in tandem, a new block, and nearly $10k later for my affordable, efficient car to be fixed. I still owe $8k on it too. My perfect well cared for car completely let me down and ended up being a complete ripoff. I was ready to drive Fiats my whole life. I just can't afford that kind of risk and am shocked this can happen nowadays. It was about 10 months past it's warranty when this happened. So sad. I hope I can trade it in soon now that it's fixed.

Does not recommend this car!!

I love this car!

by Monica from Easton, PA on Mon Aug 19 2013

After extensive research on small economic cars, I came to the conclusion that the Fiat was the best choice in style, cost and size. I would highly recommend it

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Our Take on the 2012 FIAT 500

A year after Fiat returned stateside with the 500 hatchback, it brought us the Abarth performance version, named for Austrian racer and aftermarket tuner Karl Abarth. The Abarth (pronounced AH-bart) adds another 59 horses to the 101-horsepower 500 — a double-espresso of extra power. Unfortunately, the drink is a bit bitter.

The 2012 Fiat 500 Abarth improves on the 500’s driving fun, but it feels short on refinement, making its price premium hard to accept.

For standard features, the Abarth roughly matches the 500 Sport, the middle trim level; there’s also a base 500 Pop and a better-equipped 500 Lounge. This review focuses on the Abarth; click here for our review of the 500 for... Read More