The car I named Atlas

by from Columbus, OH on September 2, 2011

I bought a 1995 Crown Vic LX when I moved to another state back in 2009. Initially I was reluctant to own a large gas guzzler, but little did I know my 210 hp 4.6 V8 averages 24 mpg on the highway and about 14 in stop and go city traffic. Moreover the comfortable, and personalized fit of the interior is the best of any car I have ever owned. Most importantly, this car, all be it sixteen years old, is the most reliable car I have ever owned. I changed the drive (serpentine) belt, and other than routine oil changes etc that is the extent of work this car has required. Mine only had 145k and seems to need no major work now.

love this car

by from terre haute IN on December 7, 2007

i love this car its really fast its the same kind of car as the police its quick its nice on the inside and out i would rather have my car white

2nd to None

by from Ft. Campbell, KY on July 3, 2011

Owned a Crown Vic from 1999-2007 ... was a used 96 model ... very easy to work on and make modifications too. Never had any maintenance problems ... ran strong ... reliable. Though they come a little rough around the edges... the car is still stylish... throw some dark tint on it.... rims and tires.... etc (if that's your kind of thing) Car will last you forever .. IF you take care of it.. I bought mine used with 69k .... took care of me through 225k ... before i got rid of it for a 2005 Nissan Titan

Crown Vic Review

by from on October 10, 2009

This car is a Work Horse They are used by police departments and cab companies all across the country and with good reason. There strong and safe! Great car!

My all time fave

by from Athens, Georgia on November 9, 2015

Best car I ever owned, and it's not even close. Bought it in '98 with 30K on it, and it now (2015) has 150K on it. Only replaced one relay switch (in '99) and recently a serpentine belt. That's all I've done to the engine/transmission in 17 years (well, okay, new spark plugs & wires at 100,000 and changed fluids, of course), and the car still runs great. Rear seal finally gave out but I've discovered I can simply run it a quart and a half low and it won't leak, and still runs smooth and quiet. Interior still in top condition. Wife is going to make me trade it in soon, and I sure hate giving it up (but, "Happy Wife, Happy Life", you know). Very comfy - great auto lumbar support. Ford should have stuck with the '95 - '98 design longer, IMO.

Similar Models