2016 Ford Edge consumer reviews

side view of 2016 Edge Ford
Explore the 2016 Ford Edge
Shop the 2016 Ford Edge

First on race day

I have the V6 and it has run flawlessly Only problem I had with the whole car was the passenger seat belt we had it replaced once under warranty and then it did it again just locks up

4.1

Amazing Vehicle

This vehicle has been very good and we purchased from a dealership who has been reliable and fair to us sold us this vehicle in like new condition.

2.9

2016 FORD EDGE TRANSMISSION TOAST ALREADY

My 2016 Ford Edge transmission is toast and needs a total replacement. 7,000 when is the last time anybody had to replace a transmission that is only six years old. I am a single mom and still have it in lease owing 11,000 and now I have to put out 7,000 cash to put a transmission in it. So upsetting. It had a small leak and I put transmission oil in it and then it wouldn’t go over 27 mph and the auto repair said it was toast need a new own. My lease warranty was good for three years it’s been 2-1/2 and they said I was 6100 miles over the 45,000 mile mark for the warranty. So I don’t even know how I am going to come up with the money let alone get to work every day h til it’s fixed but I rented a rental this first week that was 400 and some so frustrated and upset.

2.9

Poor electrical system

My Ford Edge has major electrical problems. The battery has died five times in the last three months. I purchased a brand new battery at the dealership three weeks ago, and this morning the battery is dead. The dealer service dept states they cannot find the problem. This is the last Ford I will own.

First SUV I’ve ever owned

I own a 2016 Ford edge. This is the first SUV I have ever owned. The features I love most about it or SYNC, the V6 Ecoboost engine, and the smoothness of the drive. The Ford Edge also does a great job in snow and rain. The only cons for me or the interior which seems plain for the price I paid for it.

3.0

Don't buy a Ford car

The Ford edge has enhanced technology and high end interior which is nice. The nice stops there. The work by Ford, for cars, is lacking. At the beginning I had taken the car in due to a speaker not working. I had to go through every station on Sirius to show it wasn't just the music I listened to impacting the one speaker. Next, the flooring material was cut short so it constantly pops out from under the console. Not their problem. At 60k the flex plate cracks. It is a known issue by Ford. Look up the TSB's and you'll see they shouldn't make you jump through hoops if you still don't have warranty. The cracked flex plate can damage the engine as well. This took five weeks to fix! Oh, the resale value is 17k according to the Ford sales person. Took off $$$ for cosmetic issues due to the short cut flooring🤣 This car is not worth the $$$.

The perfect vehicle for me.

The Ford Edge is a great value for the price. All of the options make it a perfect choice. We are totally happy with our choice of vehicles.

I’ve only had it for 2 days

Since I’v only had the car for 2 days it’s hard to tell in the long run. I really like it so far it’s exactly what I was looking for!

Best car ever!

Perfect amount of space, not too big, not too small. Smooth ride, awesome features. Above all, reliable! I just love this car. I’m on my third Edge and I can’t imagine driving anything else.

Very Reliable

Fine in all aspects. One problem with the rear brake light fogging up. My daughter has the same model and had the same problem. Hers occurred under warranty, was replaced and the replacement is the same. I just had mine replaced and am waiting to see what happens.