2016 Edge

4.7 out of 5 starsExterior Styling
4.6 out of 5 starsInterior Design
4.5 out of 5 starsValue for the Money
4.6 out of 5 starsReliability

I think I bought a space-ship.

by RockinHawk12 from Kent, WA on March 17, 2017

I purchased the fully loaded 2016 Ford Edge Sport. After 2 months and 2600+ miles I am only about 1/4 of the way to understanding all the stuff this thing is capable of. Being the Sport model, it was already pretty well appointed but had these added packages/items: 401A - which includes: Voice-activated Navigation System BLIS? (Blind Spot Information System with Cross-Traffic Alert Remote Start System Auto-dimming Driver?s sideview mirror 110V power outlet Heated and cooled front seats Heated rear outboard seats Enhanced Active Park Assist Front 180-degree camera Lane-keeping System HID Projector Headlamps with Auto High Beams Rain-sensing Wipers Beyond that it also had these items added: Cargo Accessary package, Cold weather package, HID headlamps with auto high beam, Panoramic vista roof, Lit floor plates on the door sill, 21" wheels. I did not order those items, they just happened to be on the car that I fell in love with in the color "Too Good to be Blue." Which is blue sometimes and green other times. I run in cruise control as often as I can so I was very excited about the adaptive cruise control that you can choose your following distance. It works excellent once you are engaged with a car ahead of you. But it has issues coming up on a car while getting engaged to it and it will sometimes see a car in a different lane on corners and start to slam your brakes on you which I do not care for. The parking assist feature is awesome! You just have to work the gas and the break and it does the rest. The 325 HP 2.6L Eco Boost motor does what it needs to do but it sounds so cool, I punch it too often and my gas mileage has taken some abuse from that. Right now I am averaging 18.4 MPG for the 2400 miles I put on it since purchase. While it handles fast/hard corners very well I am not please with the way it jumps "airborne" when going over rises in the road. It is not leaving the ground, but the full body of the vehicle raises a lot making it a little difficult to control in those situations. But in cruising situations it is a very comfortable ride. While it is generally quiet inside the car, when you drive in the rain, the puddle noise you make when the water splashes into your wheel wells is louder than other cars I have driven. The auto high beam feature is maddening and can be like a strobe light many nights. But if you shut that off by moving the lights from "Auto mode" to normal headlight mode and forget to turn the lights off, they do not shut off automatically and you wake up to a dead battery. Yes, I found this out on the 3rd day of ownership. The auto wipers are not consistent and I find that I often have to swipe before it thinks it is needed to go and it will go super fast when there it barely a mist. but I like the outer edge wipers that meet in the middle which these are. I typically like to run with my car on recirculate and not take in the stinky air outside. but if you do that in this car and it starts to get a little bit foggy, once you hit the defroster it will completely fog your windows up and you cannot see anything for a good 1.5 to 3 minutes. Then if you turn the Max defrost on, it goes up to 85 degrees and will not automatically shut off when you change back to auto until you completely turn the system off and restart it so that is annoying. The Blis blind spot system works great as well as the cross traffic alert and auto-dimming mirrors. I love the auto open feature of the rear lift gate but it does not allow you to have a tow package and still have that feature so I will be losing that when I put a trailer hitch on. Boo Hoo. The Sony stereo system is freaking AWESOME!!! The best I ever had in a vehicle and I have blown a lot of money looking for love there. I mean, my license plate is RCKNHWK for rockin hawk and my handle on everything is rockin rod and it ain't because I like rocking chairs. I am a salesman so I talk on the phone a lot in my car. The SYNC 3 is by far

Life Living on the Edge

by AF_Vet from Oklahoma on February 2, 2017

Fabulous car. We chose the Titanium AWD with the 3.5 V-6, pearl white exterior with a saddle brown interior. It has all the options and is the best-driving and smoothest car I have ever owned. The car is very quiet and comfortable. The controls are a little complicated and I know I'm going to be deep in the owner's manual to learn how to exploit all its equipment. So far, Sync3 is wonderful to use. The sound system is quite thrilling in its sound quality. We are anticipating many years of driving pleasure with this car.

So far great

by Carman from Hilton Head Island on April 7, 2017

I am a new owner of a Ford Edge SEL. I find it very comfortable and easy to drive. I chose the Eco Boost 4 rather than the V6. Eco Boost has good power and better gas milage.

Love my Edge!

by Ladybug from on March 10, 2017

I previously owned a 2008 Ford Edge and loved it so much I bought one again. My only complaint on the interior is, they had cup holders in the side doors before, and don't now. I miss those. The 2016 seems wider than the 2008. There is plenty of elbow room, but I still have nowhere to put my purse when I have a passenger. This is a problem in every car though. I LOVE the "Bliss" system and back up camera. I get good gas mileage and the car has plenty of pickup and quick response steering with a smooth ride. This car can't be beat if you travel and need plenty of cargo room. Fold down back seats leave you a ton of room to carry most anything.

Fun and sporty!

by Amy from on June 1, 2017

This Edge is the ticket! Comfy, powerful and safety features galore! The options are amazing and I learn something new about it everyday I drive it!

by KM from Stevensville on May 3, 2017

Only had it a couple of weeks, but everything seems to work just fine. I like the styling and comfort of this vehicle. Gas mileage is better then expected.

Rolling in an EDGE

by Jazzman0718 from Plympton on April 21, 2017

Pros: Synch 3, baby. Ford has got the technology down pat. It's slick and to borrow the most overused word in the lingo, "intuitive". Styling in and out: Ford figured out how to make the boring mid size SUV class produce a winner. I see them all over the road and the models after 2014 look sharp and cut a great profile from front and back. Hauling: If I'm not mistaken, The Edge provides the best interior size among 2 row SUVs. If you don't want to move up to an Explorer, this may be the car for you. Cons: The 4 cylynder ecoboost Turbo is on the edge of greatness. That turbo takes a second to blast off but is a decent choice when considering fuel economy. The responsiveness is almost on point but at the end of the day, it'll hammer out an exit ramp with little worries.

A perfect rental car

by Jake from Chicago, IL on February 11, 2017

I recently had the 2016 Ford Edge as a rental car for a long weekend in the southwest. I've driven the Ford Explorer before and was expecting it to be of a similar ride. I was pleasantly surprise by how smooth the drive was. I think the Edge sits just a bit lower than the Explorer, which gives it a car-like glide over the road. I was able to fit four full-sized adults in the car, so there wasn't a loss of space. All in all, I'm in rediblg happy with the experience.

Smooth Ride with Good Mileage

by MickeyGirl73 from Evergreen, CO on November 2, 2017

Overall, I have been happy with the car. It did have some mechanical issues at 15000 miles, but the warranty program covered all of it. It rides beautifully and gets very decent gas mileage for a bit larger SUV. Handling in the snow is average- I think better tires would help with that. Tons of storage and comfortable seating.

1973 ford bronco

by STEVE SHULL from ORLANDO, FL. on September 18, 2017

LOVED THE FORD EDGE DRIVES VERY NICE, AND SPORTY, JUST WAS LOOKING FOR A LITTLE BIT MORE ROOM, OR I WOULD HAVE BOUGHT.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8