2001 F-250

2001 Ford F-250

$865 - $21,329  MSRP Range
2001 Ford F-250

Have you driven the 2001 Ford F-250?

best truck on the road

by 01 7.3 from troy,alabama on Fri Aug 09 2013

I own a 91 f250 with the 7.3. I was a Chevy man until I bought this truck. Best truck I have ever owned. It has 284 thousand miles on it and still has plenty of power. I work on the pipeline and pull a camper all over the US and will not own nothing else. I've put 40 thousand miles on it in the past year. No problems at all. No matter how hard you run it,it still doesn't ice any oil. Love these trucks

I Love my 2001 7.3 L F250 Truck

by DMCDOG from Clinton, Mississippi on Fri Feb 21 2014

I bought my F250 used in 2005 with 98k miles and in 2014 I currently have over 350k miles on it. I had to get a new transmission around 150k but have only had minor issues since. I perform required maintenance. It still looks new when washed and vacuumed out. I have a 36' 5th wheel RV and it has no problem pulling it around the country. Without the trailer I am getting around 20 mpg and pulling the trailer I get between 12 & 15 mpg depending on hills or flat terrain. You can't beat the 7.3L Diesel. I plan on growing old with this truck.

Bulletproof with the 7.3L diesel

by Bad Angus from Bern, Switzerland on Fri Sep 23 2016

I bought one of these bad boys in 2015 and was a little nervous about it due the age of the truck and the fact that I've never owned a diesel. Since then I've added 20,000 miles to the clock, almost all of them pulling a 24" toyhauler full of gear. I've been over the mountains twice and never had a problem. This thing has an ungodly amount of torque. If you can find one of these in good shape, BUY IT. They just don't make engines like that any more.

Uses car for Towing

1/4 million miles and still powerfull and comforta

by kIT Elrae from Cohassetr MA, on Sat Aug 19 2017

GREAT worker and comfortable at the same time V10 engine is a good choice and same engine as in our E450 Motor home.

A member of the family for 17 years now.

by 017.3liter from Shreveport, LA on Sat Feb 24 2018

My father bought it new as a retirement present to himself. He recently passed away, his funeral was December 23rd. He left the truck to me and I drive it everyday. It's a member of our family, I will never part with it.

Uses car for Towing

Bulletproof

by Truck Lover from on Wed Dec 05 2012

I had the 01 Superduty with the 7.3 liter super duty Crew Cab XLT... This engine is/was the most bulletproof diesel engine on the market, made by Navistar, a division of International Harvester. Never had a problem with it, and the fuel milage on the diesel cant be beat for this size of truck, easily got 20 MPG highway...

Love it , Love It Cant get enough of it.

by Big Cuntree from Ohio on Fri Mar 06 2015

I owned a 1995 F250 With the 7.3 ltr. Powerstroke diesel motor, And it was tough as ten penny nails . It ran shifted and had power like nobodys business. Now I have the 2001 F250 with a 6 stage chip , Wickett wheel installed in the turbo ,Gauges I up graded the tranny with a Stage 3 Tourque converter, The stock R4100 Tranny cant withstand the power this motor has to put out. If you are at 150,000 plan on a tranny rebuild and change your fluid . I installed a deeper pan to keep tranny cooler. Not only that the rot out around the factory pans. But I love this truck. It has soooo Much power and pulls anything you put behind it, I get 20 to 22 Mile to a gallon of diesel if its summer. Winter months it does about 13 to 15 miles to a gallon of diesel . If you have the privlage to own or buy one of these trucks. Its the best investment you can make for a Super Duty truck. Ask your Dodge and Chevy friends they will tell you the 7.3 liter motor will never be undone !!!!

best truck ever owned

by built ford tough from on Sat Nov 15 2008

one of the best trucks ive ever owned. lots of power and has never broken down on me. i have a 5sp manual gas 4x4 and its all there. i went to a fair where i live and it was very muddy. i parked next to a chevy 2500 and a dodge 2500 all just like mine with the same features. and in the end i was the only one that got out of the parking lot without a tow. ford trucks are the best!

best truck out there

by fordlover from ks on Sun Apr 05 2009

this truck is powerfull and will last for a hole lifetime. ive had a truck like this for 10 years now and it hasnt had anything wrong with it. i put a 4 inch lift kit, and some big mud tires on mine. i mostly use it for towing and having fun. ill tell you what if you want a truck that will get you threw a big mud pit than this is the truck to do it with. although i take it off roadin, i take extreme care of it and it still looks like new. i would highly recomend this truck.

Great Truck

by 7.3 from on Fri May 14 2010

Although i have only had it for about three months I am very happy with it. It pulls very well which is what I use it for everyday, and I haven't had any problems with it. I have heard these trucks are very reliable and mine has 103,000 miles on it and I'm hoping to get in the 250,000 mile mark. The only thing I can really complain about so far is fuel milage, I'm getting 9 mpg pulling everyday. You could probably get that in a gas truck.

1 2

Our Take on the 2001 Ford F-250

Three-quarter-ton pickups such as Ford's Super Duties are the Clydesdales of the automotive business.

With uncommon strength and pulling power, these brutes earn their keep by working like a draft horse. They pull big trailers and tote heavy loads without complaint. On top of that, the Crew Cab model can carry four or five people at the same time. Unlike a draft horse, you don't have to clean up after the truck, but you do have to feed it a goodly amount of fuel (less so for the diesel). Casual driving is not what these trucks were meant to do, and most folks who buy them will put them to work on farms, ranches and construction sites.

All Super Duty trucks come standard with a trailer towing... Read More