2009 Taurus X

2009 Ford Taurus X

2009 Ford Taurus X

4.2

4 out of 5 stars Exterior Styling

Have You Driven the 2009 Ford Taurus X?

Why in the heck did Ford drop this ???

by The Professor from Waukesha, WI on Sat May 22 2010

This car is bar-none the nicest vehicle I have ever owned. WE went from a Ford Windstar (also very reliable) to the "X" as we call it. It handles better, feels more like a car, QUIETER by far, has just about as much room at the van. I do miss the sliding side doors for the kid's sake, but it's easy to get in and out of ALL the seats. Engine is a great plant, plenty of power, a tad thrashy at high RPM, but that rarely happens anyways. Milage is okay, not bad, not great, about 18 around town. Visibility is about as good as the van's. It has more room than the Edge, not quite the room as the Flex (still think it's kinda ugly)...

Diamond in the rough

by The Coloradan from Denver, CO on Wed Jun 29 2011

Short and sweet... Great car, descent looks, handles well, lots of room. As for the person who said it was horrible because of the blind spots and the fact that the DVD player blocks their rear view, they are not providing a fair review of the vehicle. If you want to score a car low because you don't know how to use your mirrors and give your kids something more beneficial to do while you're backing up then I'd suggest you buy a convertible - No DVD players to get in your way then!

Excellent Family Car

by Mom of 3 from Fargo, ND on Tue Feb 28 2012

I bought this car to make room for my 3 growing kids who were crammed into my sedan and for the AWD in the winter time. They were so excited when I bought our beefed up station wagon. I did not want a van but I wanted the room and we got it! We go on LONG road trips with our large dog. There is plenty of room, easy access, great driving, and it's comfortable for long and short trips. The rear seats are surprisingly comfortable for adults also. VERY IMPRESSED. This is a keeper!

roomy, comfy.. everything I hoped

by Mom mobile owner from Oneida, NY on Fri Jul 08 2011

I bought the Ford Taurus X w/ the captains chairs in the center eliminating a 7th passenger but don't feel I'm missing a thing

Love our T-Rex

by Steve in Southern Illinois from Southern Illiniois on Mon Sep 28 2015

We got one of these new and loved it. It's a big comfortable, fun, safe car. We are middle class people and always drove cheap cars. This was our first car that we considered a "luxury" automobile.

Nice SUV!

by cpierce78 on Fri Jul 28 2017

This has all the bells and whistles you could ever ask for in a car. I feel safe in the winter driving as it has all wheel drive!

Ford Taurus X - Wish they'd bring it back!

by VWhite from Luana, IA on Thu Oct 05 2017

This vehicle meets all my weather-related needs (think snow here!) with style. I love its versatility - I can use it for utility purposes and, with a few quick transformations, fit a bunch of girlfriends in for supper out. I had its cousin, the Freestyle, before, and found it to be a safe, functional vehicle. After my Freestyle was totaled in an accident in which I suffered no injuries thanks to the safety features, replacing it with the Taurus X was a no-brainer.

We love it

by Family man from Chicago, IL on Mon Nov 02 2009

We love our Taurus X -- it's got great versatility interior-wise. (Holds 7 occupants with a small amount of cargo in back, OR fold all the seats flat but the driver seat for tons of carrying space. Or any combination in between.) Our main reasons for getting it were the interior space and the safety. We have one with AWD, and because it's on the Volvo-designed platform, I feel like my family is well-protected. *I* like the Sync system also, although my wife finds it annoying. And sometimes it is. I think it looks great -- ours is Cinnamon colored, and it looks really different and unique. We often get compliments on it. It drives really smoothly, especially for the size -- we have relatives who also just got a new Hyundai and they said they liked our ride better. Ford dropped the ball with marketing these -- they didn't know what to do with them, so no one bought them. But I recommend it, if you can still find them. I like the new look as well (better than the somewhat bland Freestyle look), but would have liked to see one more model year so it could match the cool redesign of the 2010 Taurus.

taurus x

by rik from mo on Wed Jun 17 2009

A lot of car for the money and it doesn't scream "look at me" This car has been refined and updated since the 05 introduction. Needed the 7 passenger seating with good mileage and room.

read this before you buy!!!!!!

by Upset Car Owner from on Sat Jun 09 2012

We purchased the ford taurus x 4 years ago when my first child was born. We needed the room because we new we would be expanding our family further over the years. The third row of this car is useless. You have to put down the entire seat in order to get into the back......not good when you have car seats strapped in to the middle row!!!! When the third row is up, there is very little trunk space. Then to top it off....our transmission blew after only 4 years and Ford will not replace it! They give you a warranty for only 60,000 miles or less for a replaced transmission. We were at 65,000 and they wouldn't help us. What car transmission ONLY lasts for 60,000 miles.....stay away from fords!!!!!!!

Does not recommend this car!!

1 2

Our Take on the 2009 Ford Taurus X

Editor's note: This review was written in October 2007 about the 2008 Ford Taurus X. Little of substance has changed with this year's model. To see what's new for 2009, click here, or check out a side-by-side comparison of the two model years.

The Taurus X crossover vehicle isn't a new model; it was sold as the Freestyle from 2005 to 2007. (Ford made some upgrades and renamed it after concluding that people didn't know what it was). You might say the Taurus X is the ex-Freestyle. Some exterior remodeling, a larger engine and a conventional automatic transmission have improved the Taurus X, whose main selling points are a Top Safety Pick designation by the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety and... Read More