2010 Transit Connect

3.8 out of 5 starsValue for the Money
3.8 out of 5 starsReliability

Perfect Utility Vehicle

by bmulligan from Brighton, MI on April 6, 2010

I run a small remodeling business and used to drive A full size E series to carry all my tools and a Jimmy to cart the family around. I'm glad I waited for the Ford Transit Connect to arrive. I dumped both those vehicles and got a Transit which gives me the best of both worlds. My Transit is a Wagon, with a full backseat that folds, daytime running lights, Blue toothy phone connect, and 240 deg full rear door swing options. It's a unique looking vehicle. It's dorky enough so that it'll probably never get stolen, yet I can easily find it in a sea of other vehicles in any parking lot. It hold all my tools in a 4' x 4' x 6' cargo area that I used to cart around in a full size cargo van and I have the convenience of siting 5 people so I can take the kids to school and go straight to the job. I've been getting about 20 mpg city driving and 24 hwy which beats the 14mpg I was getting from both my old vehicles. I drive with a cargo of about 500 lbs of tools and materials, so I'm happy with that performance. The only major drawback is that it's slightly under powered. Hopefully it will sell well enough to become an established model and they may offer other engine options in the future. The 4-cylinder engine is tasked getting up to highway speeds. It does the job, but it's a bit slow. I really love this vehicle because it serves my purposes perfectly. Sitting in it gives a great overall and mostly unobstructed view. It's what I loved about driving a full sized van. Very open, more than plenty of headroom with it's high ceiling. However, the center rear headrest and rear door divider don't allow you to see directly behind the vehicle. It's kind of annoying, so I usually drive with the center headrest removed. There's also no center console storage area to keep personal belongings. Those are only minor, however, and does not take away from my overall satisfaction for this vehicle. Overall, it's a real utility vehicle, as opposed to all other Sporty Ute's which are just trendy, modern versions of a station wagon.

Love it!!

by Bossman from Harrisburg, Pa on February 16, 2013

Bought a used 2010 with 50 thousand miles...absolutely LOVE it!! over double the gas mileage of my truck..great performance and lots of "zip"! Fun little business vehicle and customers like the look!

Better than you would think for size

by Elizabeth and Ralph from Honey Brook, PA on May 13, 2017

We were downsizing from a 3500 dually flatbed and wanted..maybe a van of some sort. First impression was this vehicle was tiny. Second impression was wow it really has hauling capacity inside/out of the weather.

Bought used 101,000 mi, drove 2500 mi ok so far.

by mama2bear from Kite, GA on April 1, 2017

It is low to the ground, easy for old people to get in and out. Short cargo area. Mine vibrates at idle, and back seat rattles if folded down. Sometimes it is hard to lock because of door open sensors. Back up camera is needed. Visors need extenders for short drivers. Sun block film needed on windshield behind the rear view mirror. Mechanically everything is working well so far. I love to drive it, (female age 70) and it has the back seats plus the cargo area for hauling small things if needed. Great for shopping for large items, just not lumber or plywood. Two more feet of length in the cargo area is much needed. I bought a 16' board, they cut it in half, and I rested it on the front armrests to get it home.

excellent value for the money

by mss from Oregon, WI on April 20, 2017

Large cargo area, while not a very large vehicle. Reasonably quiet and comfortable for a utility vehicle. Fairly efficient on gas for this type of use. OK , but not great power at highway speeds.

economic, reliable small load hauler

by mss from Madison, WI on May 14, 2017

I a woman in my sixties that uses a Ford Transit Connect to transport rescue animals. This vehicle is ideal. It is reliable, easy on gas and comfortable. Easy to load and maneuver in traffic. Great storage areas, low outside noise, good sound system inside - for this type of transportation.

Great van

by B in CT from Waterford, CT on April 1, 2013

Bought used with 80k miles. All systems go. Twice the mileage of my 2008 E150. I'm averaging about 25mpg mixed driving. Drives like a car. I wish it was a bit more comfortable, I'm 6'3, and have all kinds of head room, but the seat is a bit short on the legs. Came with the cage behind the seats, so I can't recline as much as I'd like to, but this is a minor inconvenience. Much easier and more enjoyable to drive than the E150. Love it so far. Only had a month or so, but love it!

The Truck that is better than a bailout!!!!

by Magician Electrician from Northern Virginia on February 1, 2010

I have owned my Transit Connect for just over a month and have already put over 5000 miles on this ALL PURPOSE vehicle. I run a small electrical contracting firm and had a GMC 2500, which I carried way more than I needed to but I did. With the Transit Connect I carry what I need to for the coming day...way easier to work and way better on gas! I needed the rear seats for the grandkids, and the power windows and locks so I got the XLT wagon version...well worth the little extra for the added functionality! I added a ladder rack the day after I bought it, and a set of inside bins the next week...WOW what a GREAT TRUCK and FORD is a GREAT Company!!!

one of the most fun trucks

by BOB from oak lawn il on September 5, 2009

bought it 8/22/09 city and highway avg. 26.5 better than advertised 24.7 city. i had a ranger 4x4 14 mpg i own an auto parts store were going to lake geneva wisc.for 5 days im leaving my 2004 t-bird home cant wait to drive it every morning got 550 miles on it this is the best value for any money it can be used for anything i cant say enough about it buy an xlt wagon with rear seats only $100 more

The worst work vehicle I have ever owned

by Dog Walker from San Francisco, CA on February 18, 2011

I bought my FTC new. I have had it for 9 months it is a 2010 and has 5,000 miles on it. I also got the in dash computer. I own a dog business and use this to pick up/drop off dogs from owners' homes. Since I have had the FTC it has been in the shop more times than I can remember. The in dash computer has never worked correctly and the microphone is so bad no one can hear what I am saying over bluetooth so I don't even bother with it anymore. The speakers are horrible and tinny and buzz, even with the radio off but the navigation system is pretty good. It has had to have the brakes and rotors replaced three times and my most recent problem is that it will fall out of gear with no warning or won't go into gear at all. The dealer thought it was the shift cable but after replacing, it was still doing this so now they think it might be electrical. Whatever it is, it is extremely dangerous. I have contacted a Lemon Law Attorney. Do yourself a favor and wait a couple of years before you buy a FTC. Ford has a lot of kinks to work out before this vehicle is safe and reliable.

Does not recommend this car!!

1 2 3