2017 Canyon

4.6 out of 5 starsInterior Design
4.5 out of 5 starsValue for the Money
4.7 out of 5 starsReliability

All Reviews

Just the right size truck for me

by Mike@pro from Greeley, CO on August 16, 2017

The GMC Canyon is just the right size. Not to large, not to small. Great looking and a nice ride. Plenty of truck for most people, especially in the city.

Own it 14 months has been service 53 days and coun

by Reb from Jacksonville Fl on June 23, 2018

This 2017 slt vehicle is a disappointment. Bought it new April 26 2017, today is June 22, 2018. I have 4500 miles on it. Had it in the shop 2 times for a total of 43 days for transmission problems. It would down shift very hard from 3 rd to first. Felt like something was grabbing the rear rend. 1st visit the dealer had for 3 days and , after ?tweaking the software? , said the hard shifting was normal. Second time I requested a ride along. That dealer employee happened to have a 2018 canyon, which was good because he could make a legitimate comparison. When the problem demonstrated itself, he said ? whoa, mine does that but not THAT bad?. Then the wait started. Service mgr had to discuss with GMC big boys. They wanted to keep ?tweaking the software?. Then they wanted technician to ?tear it down? . Fortunately the tech said was stupid and the Gmc big boys finally authorized a new transmission. Then it took 14 days to ?find? a transmission and install. Total of 43 days. In January 2018 I started to experience a feeling/sound like going over rumble strips. I waited until it finally got so frequent and pronounced that when I took it in the dealership could not deny experiencing it. Or say ?that is normal?. I took it in June 11. It is now June 22. Decision is that it is the torque converter. But they haven?t even started to replace it because there are no torque converters available. But, I should be glad to know that I am first on the list. Whoopee!! 55 days total in the shop for transmission and torque converter and counting. And this is assuming they will not find any other problems once they start. After this is resolved then they have to address the suspension. The ride has progressively gotten worse. It is like riding over cobblestones regardless of speed or road surface. This is already on my problem list at the dealership. Very much regret giving up my 2005 midsized foreign truck. I am making payments but cannot use my truck. I will say the service mgr did give me a compensation after my transmission saga. Soothes the pocketbook a little, But sure hasn?t taken away the frustration, irritation, disappointment, aggravation we are experiencing. Don?t know if I will every feel comfortable with this vehicle b

Does not recommend this car!!

Surprisingly capable mid-sized truck!

by DenaliFan from Nashville, TN on February 6, 2018

I recently snagged a great deal on a 2017 Canyon Denali with only a couple thousand miles on the odometer. If I were paying sticker price, I would have been quite happy with an SLT with some extra options. While there are a few odd omissions on the Denali trim (no cd player, no garage home link), I am absolutely thrilled with this vehicle overall. FAR exceeded my expectations for a truck in this bracket. On the road, it's a dream in handling, quietness, power, towing/hauling capability, and high tech comfort, while still feeling like a real truck wrapped in premium leather. I don't plan on taking it off road much, but the GM 4WD options can handle anything I would ever dare in an upscale truck. I also tested an All Terrain version, but since most of my use will be highway, the slightly softer Denali suspension is perfect, while still feeling seriously sturdy. To top it off, even with the most powerful engine in class, I'm getting 19-21 mpg in town, and better on the road! For those wanting to do more towing than I am, there's even a diesel version that gets crazy gas mileage. Coming from 1/2 ton trucks, I was skeptical that the new Canyons would feel enough like a real truck, but they really do give you the impression of being near-full sized in sturdiness/weight/capability with unexpectedly sporty handling and better gas mileage.

A vacation every time I drive.

by rockinrobert52 from Duluth, GA on June 19, 2018

This truck has great room (extended cab), is well laid out, and is very comfortable. I expect this to be my last vehicle and it will be a great one. I enjoy being in it.

LOVE THIS TRUCK

by Happy Canyon Owner from Edwardsville, IL on November 30, 2017

This is a very capable truck with tons of features and impressive ride and performance. Wish it did not cost as much as a full-size, but you do get a lot for your money. It is a beast in towing and gets good gas mileage. I was so impressed that I bought it a few hours ago. Only time will tell, but so far I am very impressed.

4 Months

by earlcm from Yulee, FL on May 13, 2017

I have owned this truck for 4 months and I have owned GM trucks from S 10s to 2500HD duramax and this is by far the nicest truck I have owned. Understand that I downsized from a 2500 HD. I no longer require the performance towing requirements of that vehicle. I installed Air Lift bags in the rear to level my motorcycle trailer. I installed a Gibson performance Exhaust and Air Raid Cold Air Intake. 20.5 commuting and plenty of horsepower. Also own a 2010 Camaro RS with similar engine. The truck handles very well on rural roads and at freeway speed the vehicle is very comfortable. Been driving on the beach in deep sand with the stock tires and have had no issues at all. Better than the 2500, because it is lighter. Wireless phone charger is nice as is the WiFi It all depends on your needs and desires, but I give this truck a huge thumbs up. Also had 5 - 50 year olds in front and back and no complaints about room

Great Truck, I have owned a lot of them.

by GN 314 from Johnstown, N.Y. on May 15, 2017

I am very impressed with every thing about this vehicle. This truck has all kinds of room and is very comfortable. The unique thing is that I have a single car garage and this truck fits with room to spare.

2017 GMC Canyon Denali

by Denali 2017 from Findlay Ohio on April 16, 2017

Great truck, rides nice and is very quite. Love the styling and interior is very, very nice. Love the features this truck offers. I really love the exterior styling and the 20 inch wheels make it look great

Great track

by Nikolay from Frazier park on March 1, 2017

Love to drive i wish to have navigation with map and high beems more powerful. Other then that great track

Mr. Dennis

by Dennis S from Smyrna, Tn on April 25, 2017

A very impressive vehicle for the money. Well built, smooth ride and overall top notch vehicle . Would definitely recommend it to others.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7