NEW
Take our quiz & meet the car you’ll love.
2019 Canyon

2019 GMC Canyon

2019 GMC Canyon

4.4

Have You Driven the 2019 GMC Canyon?

Great replacement for my SUV with more versatility

by WorkinToPlay from Tyler, TX on Wed Jan 02 2019

Needed a vehicle that could pull my boat and my utility trailer for hauling my lawnmower or golf cart and work around my 50+ acre home place. However, as it would be my only vehicle, I also wanted something that was easy to maneuver in city traffic and easy to park. Plus I wanted the comfort and storage of an SUV. Chose the Canyon. Rightsized for city driving and parking and perfect for pulling boat/trailer (up to 7000 lbs.). Peppy V6 lets me easily merge into Interstate traffic. Truck has that "beefy" yet sleek look. Very stylish. Added a bak-flip tonneau cover to give me "SUV type" storage. Love the easy lift/lower tailgate which locks to secure articles stowed in the bed. Only missing feature thus far is that it won't pair with my garage door opener, so I have to keep my visor clip on.

Best Canyon Yet

by Tom from Sioux Falls, SD on Wed Feb 13 2019

Sold my 2015 Canyon and got the 2019 Canyon All Terrain. The 2019 is quieter and the 8 speed AT shifts much smoother than the old 6 speed in the 2015. Very happy with the improvements made.

Much better than my Taco

by Kendal from Broken Arrow on Fri Jul 05 2019

Drove nothing but Tacomas since 1999. Rental car company put me in one, and after a week I couldn't wait to trade in my Taco on a new 2019 All Terrain. Absolutely love the truck, power, speed, comfort, technology, all categories win hands down.

Excellent vehicle - No Regrets

by Chroic from Raleigh, NC on Sun Jul 07 2019

I had a GMC Sierra 2005 1500 for 14 years before upgrading to the 2019 Canyon. The biggest things I wanted were: 1) Smoother ride; 2) More responsive steering and handling; 3) Space for the kids; 4) Towing capacity; and 5) A useful truck bed. The Canyon meets these needs hands-down. Very fun to drive, very responsive, and powerful with the V6. As implied above, I tracked down the long-bed version of the crew cab, which fits an 8 ft board with the tailgate down (in fact, the bed is exactly 8 ft long with the tailgate down). I put a bedrug bed liner in it and a Bakflip G2 on it and it's been a blast.

Outstanding vehicle

by DoGooderGeoff from Denver, Colorado on Sat Jul 27 2019

I got my Canyon All Terrain with 4WD so I could ride around the mountains in Colorado. I've only had it for a few months but it's one of the best cars I've driven. I travel a lot for work and have been in many different rental cars so I feel qualified to say that this is an all around great car. It rides smooth, good gas mileage and can handle off-road no problem. Towing is probably better than any normal person would ever need. The interior feels simple but classy. Ive never written a review on anything but I really love my truck. I highly recommend it. I only see people driving their full size trucks and I pity them knowing that they have a harder time parking and paying for a full tank of gas. That's not to say that large trucks don't have their place but this is by no means a small vehicle and can do more than enough without having a V8 engine and huge frame. It feels strong. And capable. The Chevy Colorado is basically the same thing but this just feels more high class. I don't get to drive it often because of all the out of state traveling I do but it always makes me happy to see it. I won't attest to the reliability just yet but so far I can see this being around for a while.

Great but not perfect

by TLS from Maryville MO on Sun Jul 14 2019

Love my Canyon Denali version...my biggest complaint is the seats. So small and uncomfortable. If I could pay to get two new seats up front I would. No electric tilt..too narrow when there is ample space for a wider seat base. But I love the V6 power and the smooth shifting transmission after they flushed the tranny and upgraded the fluid to stop the hwy shudder. Overall a good truck.

An awesome built vehicle!

by DakotaGRod from Franklin, Indiana on Wed Sep 04 2019

Luxury and power throughout such as both seats driver and passenger side, nice wheels just waitin to see the mileage, mag wheels oh and the lumbar support function is truly truly awesome..a beauty indeed.

Great small side truck

by Wild fan from Albertville, MN on Fri Sep 06 2019

Great truck...have a 2015 colorado....love the 2019 canyon. Great gas mileage and power for a v6 Great features like heated steering wheel and heated seats!! The apps for the radio are great too!!

Perfect replacement for suv & pickup

by WorkinToPlay from Tyler, TX on Mon Apr 29 2019

This was the perfect vehicle to replace my Buick Enclave and 1/2 ton pick up truck. As a pickup, I can both haul and tow with this unit. It will tow up to 7000 lbs. The pickup bed is a good size for every day hauling and, with the addition of a flip tonneau cover, it can function like an SUV since locking the tailgate secures access under the cover. This unit has plenty of power for mergin into interstate traffic. Lots of safety features including lane change and front collision warning. Backup camera is great and perfect for hooking up to a trailer. Interior design is classy and comfortable. Price is well below full size pickups and SUVs. This was a great purchase.

front end and tires virabrate badley. also floors

by Ralph johnson from poteet texas 78065 on Fri Jul 12 2019

it meets my personal needs except the virabation is to bad to drive long distance. need some help from GMC. talk to rep but not action. went to dealer for problem and was told it was normal.

Does not recommend this car!!

1 2 3 4