2019 Canyon

2019 GMC Canyon

2019 GMC Canyon

4.3

Have You Driven the 2019 GMC Canyon?

Great replacement for my SUV with more versatility

by WorkinToPlay from Tyler, TX on Wed Jan 02 2019

Needed a vehicle that could pull my boat and my utility trailer for hauling my lawnmower or golf cart and work around my 50+ acre home place. However, as it would be my only vehicle, I also wanted something that was easy to maneuver in city traffic and easy to park. Plus I wanted the comfort and storage of an SUV. Chose the Canyon. Rightsized for city driving and parking and perfect for pulling boat/trailer (up to 7000 lbs.). Peppy V6 lets me easily merge into Interstate traffic. Truck has that "beefy" yet sleek look. Very stylish. Added a bak-flip tonneau cover to give me "SUV type" storage. Love the easy lift/lower tailgate which locks to secure articles stowed in the bed. Only missing feature thus far is that it won't pair with my garage door opener, so I have to keep my visor clip on.

Best Canyon Yet

by Tom from Sioux Falls, SD on Wed Feb 13 2019

Sold my 2015 Canyon and got the 2019 Canyon All Terrain. The 2019 is quieter and the 8 speed AT shifts much smoother than the old 6 speed in the 2015. Very happy with the improvements made.

Much better than my Taco

by Kendal from Broken Arrow on Fri Jul 05 2019

Drove nothing but Tacomas since 1999. Rental car company put me in one, and after a week I couldn't wait to trade in my Taco on a new 2019 All Terrain. Absolutely love the truck, power, speed, comfort, technology, all categories win hands down.

Water leaks/stains all 4 doors dirt in cab

by Off road blitz from Joplin mo on Sun Jul 14 2019

Nice looking drives great. All 4 doors leaking water with stains on all 4 doors. And dirt inside cab at bottom of all 4 doors. No gas tank door release switch or lock at all on door, capless gas tank....so you cant lock either. Plastic grill....make sure you know, most of the electronic convenients you have to pay a month service fee to use/access them.

Does not recommend this car!!

Great truck

by Mike from Sunbury, PA on Fri Jun 14 2019

Great truck all around-good mileage and a comfortable ride. Visibility is good and the long box model I choose is very handy. The longer wheel base allows for a smooth ride.

Perfect replacement for suv & pickup

by WorkinToPlay from Tyler, TX on Mon Apr 29 2019

This was the perfect vehicle to replace my Buick Enclave and 1/2 ton pick up truck. As a pickup, I can both haul and tow with this unit. It will tow up to 7000 lbs. The pickup bed is a good size for every day hauling and, with the addition of a flip tonneau cover, it can function like an SUV since locking the tailgate secures access under the cover. This unit has plenty of power for mergin into interstate traffic. Lots of safety features including lane change and front collision warning. Backup camera is great and perfect for hooking up to a trailer. Interior design is classy and comfortable. Price is well below full size pickups and SUVs. This was a great purchase.

Outstanding vehicle

by DoGooderGeoff from Denver, Colorado on Sat Jul 27 2019

I got my Canyon All Terrain with 4WD so I could ride around the mountains in Colorado. I've only had it for a few months but it's one of the best cars I've driven. I travel a lot for work and have been in many different rental cars so I feel qualified to say that this is an all around great car. It rides smooth, good gas mileage and can handle off-road no problem. Towing is probably better than any normal person would ever need. The interior feels simple but classy. Ive never written a review on anything but I really love my truck. I highly recommend it. I only see people driving their full size trucks and I pity them knowing that they have a harder time parking and paying for a full tank of gas. That's not to say that large trucks don't have their place but this is by no means a small vehicle and can do more than enough without having a V8 engine and huge frame. It feels strong. And capable. The Chevy Colorado is basically the same thing but this just feels more high class. I don't get to drive it often because of all the out of state traveling I do but it always makes me happy to see it. I won't attest to the reliability just yet but so far I can see this being around for a while.

Great but not perfect

by TLS from Maryville MO on Sun Jul 14 2019

Love my Canyon Denali version...my biggest complaint is the seats. So small and uncomfortable. If I could pay to get two new seats up front I would. No electric tilt..too narrow when there is ample space for a wider seat base. But I love the V6 power and the smooth shifting transmission after they flushed the tranny and upgraded the fluid to stop the hwy shudder. Overall a good truck.

An awesome built vehicle!

by DakotaGRod from Franklin, Indiana on Wed Sep 04 2019

Luxury and power throughout such as both seats driver and passenger side, nice wheels just waitin to see the mileage, mag wheels oh and the lumbar support function is truly truly awesome..a beauty indeed.

Roomy cabin and impressive ride and handling

by aldo98229 from Bellingham, WA on Sun Apr 28 2019

I test drove the GMC Canyon three times, in V6 and diesel, SLT and All Terrain. I was impressed with the interior room, car-like ride and handling, and overall value for the money. A fully-equipped SLT is thousands of dollars less than a comparably equipped Jeep Wrangler 4-door. And the Canyon with the V6 in particular is very refined and quiet.

1 2 3 4 5