1992 Honda Accord consumer reviews

$13,300–$14,050 MSRP range
side view of 1992 Accord Honda
Explore the 1992 Honda Accord

2-door sedan/coupe

My dad bought this for his short business runs, I used it for long distance travels, handled very well. Exterior was nice, clean and slim design

My 92 Honda Ex is the best. I bought it brand new.

I raised 6 kids and a wife in this vehicle. My kids have purchased Honda's also and I just purchase a 2008 EXL V6 this year. I love a Honda...

Most reliable vehicle I've ever had by FAR!!

Bought a 1992 Accord EXR coupe a year ago for $900. This vehicle has never let me down, fun to drive, highly reliable and extremely fuel efficient. I had never owned a Honda before and now I am fully committed to the Honda brand!

4.1

Best Car I've Ever Owned

I bought my 1992 Honda Accord from the original owner back in 2010 with apx. 159k miles on it. This car has been my daily driver ever since. Today I just turned 495k miles and here in the next couple months I'll be headed to Honda for it's 500k oil change. This is the most dependable and reliable car I've ever owned. I've replaced a clutch, alternator, timing belt and water pump, and tires... you know, routine maintenance items, but that's it's. I've yet to ever be found sitting on the side of the road in this car. You can't find a better car.

Has title

91 honda accord wagon lx. After market wheels, new tires,brakes and wheel bearings, new A arm, fresh front end alignment in the spring,new distributor, water pump and timing belt, new plugs and wires,new cam seal and valve cover gasket, new power window motors in front, new blutooth stero system with speakers and remote control, new radiator and hoses, air conditioning works great had converted over to a R12 this summer. I had the rear side windows removed and metal installed and car painted about 3 years ago. I had all work done at Antrim Honda in Greencastle, PA. Engine is in excellent condition. The transmission went out on me. Car needs transmission, exhaust and battery. 800.00

2.6

Very dull, not very reliable

This summer, I ended up using one of these for my daily commute. I normally have a newer BMW, but figured that this was only for 10 weeks so should be fine. The first time I drove it, the alternator broke. Not too big a deal, it's an old car. I got it replaced. It ran relatively fine after that, until around the 5th week. I was driving it, and then for some reason it overheated - it was 85 farenheit out, but I had windows down instead of AC on. The next week, the brakes failed not once but twice - in both situations, I had to use the handbrake to slow down, which was especially bad the second time, when I was slowing down and turning to avoid an accident about 100 feet in front of me on a highway. In the seventh week, the speakers started to break so if I had the stereo off, then for some reason they'd make a crackling noise in time with the engine. In terms of power, it's woefully lacking. I get that it's a car from the 90s, but back then they still needed to move - I've noticed that when I'm driving my normal car, I now use the accelerator far more than I previously did. Perhaps this has contributed to the average MPG being below 18. In all, it's an unattractive, boring, and unsafe car. I had a beer to celebrate the last time I had to drive it, and am glad to be back on the West Coast and in my BMW.

Honda Accord as advertised

I bought this car new and kept it until it had 143,000 miles, wanting a newer Prelude. There was absolutely nothing wrong with the car when I sold it. It was outstanding in its reliability.

Great station wagon with lots of interior space.

This car provided plenty of comfort - we used it for everything. For everyday use, it was supremely comfortable and durable inside. It was easy to transport shopping, to move furniture, etc. For camping trips, it had room to stash everything including tents, camp stoves, coolers! It had a broad enough roof that we could transport anything from mattresses to couches on top. The back seat flattened out to provide a safe and comfy spot for Buddy, the big golden retriever. It had room for all our tools and camping equipment and then some. It was warm in the winter and cool in the summer. I'd buy it again if it was still made today and if it came as a hybrid. It had 180,000 miles on it, and barely burned oil, but we needed a car with better mpg, so we finally had to sell it.

I Love My Accord LX Wagon

I bought my Honda Accord LX new in 1992 and still think it is the best looking car on the road. The interior has carpeting throughout, including the trunk. The seats fit me well. I still get compliments on it from people who know cars and others who want to know where they can buy one too. It hasn't aged at all in my mind. It is a "Classic Car" in appearance and, now, in age.

4.1

90-93 Accord, one of the Best vehicles Honda has

I've owned a 91, 92, and 93 all with the 5 Speed Manual transmissions. I must say honda knows how to make a Great manual shifter. A tad notchy through the gates but overall a buttery feel. A pleasant experience. The double wishbone independent suspension on all 4 corners gives these cars a stable, nimble, and neutral feel while driving. Although the car could benefit from a 10 to 15 horsepower gain. It won't Wow you with it's performance but it's definitely adequate. The interior is well appointed and nicely executed and everything is right where you want it to be. The soft touch material on the Dash is great and the plastics never feel cheap on these cars as well. Exterior styling is appealing in my opinion and the headlight housings are made of durable glass that won't haze or turn yellow, unlike plastic. Head room could be better but you get plenty of leg room for both occupants. The Engine is Solid and these F series motors will reward you with longevity, good fuel mileage, and very few repairs other than a timing belt and a once in a while valve adjustment. I had 350,000 miles on my 91 and it didn't burn a drop of Oil. It had regular oil changes every 3 to 4 thousand miles for the 7 years we owned it. Overall this is a Great choice for anybody's needs out of a vehicle. I love these CB7 Accords!