2014 Accord

2014 Honda Accord

2014 Honda Accord

Have You Driven the 2014 Honda Accord?

20,000 mile update

by 1owner from on Tue Aug 25 2015

4 cyl, leather EX-L. No nav. Nothing to fix or adjust when first purchased. No issues at all after 20,000 miles. We put a lot of in-town as well as long distance miles on this vehicle. Our latest trip of 2,000 miles averaged 38 mpg (70 - 75 mph). My best full tank on a trip has been 39.5 mpg as I measured it. Honda's on-board fuel mileage readings are about .5 mpg higher than I measure. A steady 55 mph yields 42 mpg on country road trips. During the winter, we get about 22mpg on very short in-town trips (fewer than 2 miles to work). Summer in-town driving is about 28 mpg. It gets to 32 mpg quickly if we drive more than 6 miles. There is some wind noise at speed, but little other noise. This is a very quiet car. No rattles, no squeaks. We don't use the voice commands or a lot of the other electronic features. The sound system is good. And the phone syncs nicely. The seats are reasonably comfortable on long trips, Our last trip included 14 hours in the car in one day. The CVT transmission is problem free. No stuttering or vibrations. And even with the 2.4, this is a quick car if necessary. Handling is agile. Steering is light, but direct and there is no wandering on the highway. There is a lot of room in the back for any sized passengers. Lots of trunk space. And the way we drive it, it is usually 8 to 10 thousand miles between synthetic oil changes (per Honda's on-board diagnostics). And it does not burn any oil between changes. I would buy this car again in a heartbeat. This could be the most economical car I've ever owned. With mileage and comfort this good, why buy anything smaller, a hybrid, or anything else?

2014 Honda Accord Sport

by SpartanLegend from SB, CA on Tue Oct 06 2015

I have owned or driven many different brands. This Honda is by far the best vehicle I have ever owned (gas mileage, exterior looks, function, quality finish.). It amazes me how great this vehicle is for the price I paid. WOW. I have had the car for little over a year, 32K miles, no issues whatsoever. Quite interior. If I had to nick-pick something to improve it would be 2 things. First the foam on the driver and passenger seat (outer rim foam). Be nice not to slide around (a bit), I personally prefer a denser foam. Second, the Goodyear tires are good, but I think the car drives better with Michelins (we have 2 Accords).

For Continued Reliability

by finchbird from Birmingham, AL on Fri Jan 03 2014

This car rides smooth and the CVT transmission is so quiet, you don;t hear it shift. I drove it from Alabama to Florida and it was a very comfortable ride all the way. Honda corrected the wind noise that used to be in the cars and the tech features in this car are great. This car takes regular unleaded, yet performs like a 6 cylinder car. Maintenance for this car is just routine. No surprises...I like that. The exterior styling is sharp. The headlights/daytime running lights are LED. This is the sixth Honda I have owned.

Great Choice

by br_gurl03 from Los Angeles, CA on Thu Jan 30 2014

At first I was thinking that I'd have a problem adjusting from a V-6 to a 4 cylinder. I must say that with the Accord the transition has been smooth! The response time is great! I love the features the car offers and the best part about the features is they're standard. This makes the car a great value. You can tell by driving the Accord that safety was top of mind. Honda has made hands free driving easy, the USB and Bluetooth connections are convenient and make the driving experience pleasant. The back-up along with the blind spot cameras help to make driving the Accord very safe.

another accord v6

by dc10fun from Washington DC on Thu Sep 26 2013

Everything I liked about my older 06 Accord and more. Engine is more powerful handling is super, new steering is electric and very responsive and the alerts like lane and front crash and cam work great. The phone hookups take a bit more time, had to upgrade my iPhone (3g) to talk to the car, but my wife's 3gs worked fine. The difference between my old (only had 22090 at tradein) is mostly one of sophistication in interior and exterior design and better execution. I did get nav this time and it is much better than the garmin and maps programs I was using before. Well worth it in my opinion. Most everything in this car can be reprogrammed to suit preferences or many options can be turned off. The car is so efficient without the econ button pressed that I leave it off. I do like lane change and collision warnings and you can adjust or turn off if you like. In sum, glad I bought another Accord.

Love This Accord

by Cruz4u from Cali on Mon May 19 2014

I purchased the 2014 Honda Accord EX-L V6 w/Nav for the reliability that I've heard too often from Honda Owners. What I didn't expect was the comfortable ride,great handling, roomy interior and V6 power from a regular gas( not premium) engine. At over 8000mls without an oil change, this car has been a dream. Oil consumption is at 60% and I drive this car from 70-80mph 5 days a week. It averages over 26mpg w/o ECO system. I have all the toys that I need in this car that I would get in a premium class car. In short, I love it!

THE World Car Standard of the Industry

by Sport Driving Enthusiast from Broken Arrow, Oklahoma on Sun Dec 22 2013

Honda Accord 4 door's only flaw over the years has been an aesthetic winners and losers from generation to generation. With that said, the same could be said for virtually any car of the last five decades. The rest is all good; finding faults requires more time and patience than we wish to invest. The 2013 / 2014 exterior is a WINNER. The Honda's new body of 2013 just looks right compared with the predecessor. The aggressive lower grille with chrome highlighted splitter balances the facade. The rear end appears integrated as compared to the ugly butt discarded for 2013. The side elevation is clean and purposeful, if not dramatic - probably best for an all around car. The appearance and function of interior seating, doors, door mounted controls, carpets and rear interior deck are noticeably "uncheap"; If ever the term "Spartan Luxury" was not an oxymoron, this is it. Once seated and rolling, there is a noticeable substance and solidity one typically associates with the best cars starting $10,000 higher. The dash area has a logical ergonomically correct layout that is recognized instantly by anyone who has owned any previous Honda. So for many Americans you feel right at home and are immediately drawn to the center "stack" which manages virtually all non-driving essential features easily accessed by both driver and front seat passenger. The computer is NOT to be learned while on the roll. Learn it in your driveway as have I, and it quickly becomes second nature. The driving controls from floor to dash are immediately intuitive and fit both my wife (12" shorter and half my weight ) and big me (6'5" @ 270# perfectly) Positions of secondary driver and car control features become "second nature" quickly. The sunroof,garage control, and overhead lighting positions are easily visible but I've used none of them yet. The interior rates very high with no feel, appearance, or hint of "cheap"; technically not a luxury car, it reminds the driver every second how good a choice he/she made. The driving experience very good, albeit a mixed bag. The power delivery is instantaneous and large. I have never driven the car in standard mode (I prefer economy mode). The car's sheer power has caught me off guard a few times. At only 278 horsepower, the first 4 of the transmission's 6 forward speeds imperceptibly lauch you as quickly as most $45 - 50K Japanese and German luxury models. If that's not quick enough, switch from economy to standard mode. Bear in mind this car hit 60 in 6 seconds and 100mph in 14. Handling dynamics are very good - with a qualifier: The front end does not give you the tactile feedback one feels in my Acura NSX. This is a car in which visual awareness of you position and hold on the road are easy, but the feel of the road is muted. Nevertheless this is the feel Americans grew up with, and even several BMW models have been reviewed as such. With so much power through the steering wheels up front, the factors that compromise the "feel" also significantly reduce torque steer which is not good for drivers with slower reactions an minimal arm strength. The ride and verticle compliance over bad surfaces and long dip / humps is outstanding. Surprise that might upset other vehicles are reduced from "dang!" to "did you notice that?". On the highway at speed the tires rotational inertia lends a centering feel so staying in lane easily allows for long drives without tiring. The fuel economy is excellent. To make it accessible upon demand, the standard information display in the gauge cluster visually cue you in to see how your use of the brakes and throttle affect econopmy. You learn how to drive smoother through a science known as "biofeedback". The optional EX-L NAVI package provides even more info for economy. Accord is a compromise, albeit one of the best thought out in automotive history. It is not a sports car. It is not a luxury car. There are many things it is not. It is however an economical and enjoyable vehicle with

the new accord

by car reviewer from long island NY on Fri Mar 21 2014

As a previous owner of accords who was not fan of the 2008-2012 model this is an improvement. Car has significant interior space but smaller exterior, drives nicely with descent power and tight handling. Gas mileage equal or exceeds its rating. As an accord driver the one improvement noticed right away is that the car is quieter than other versions. Even as fan of accords I admit that they had high road nose so at least there was a noticeable improvement. The one con is that while it has a very nimble ride with excellent handling you feel the road (bumps and all). Since this has been the characteristics of previous accords I'm accustomed to it, but if your use to a softer ride like that of a Camry this may not be the car for you. Other than that a great car.

First new car

by Lisa from Stanley, wi on Wed May 14 2014

I bought the Honda Accord for it's gas mileage and reliability. I would have preferred a different color, but they only came in gray, white, dark blue and black. I would have liked a real nice lighter blue. Possibly a red. The interior is black. I would like dark gray, which my previous car had. So my suggestions is only with the color options. I'm sure I could have gotten something nicer, but I went with the reasonable price and no extras.

New Car after 20 Years!!!!!!

by New Car After 20 Years! from MD on Sat Aug 09 2014

I did a lot of research since I hadn't bought a new car for a very long time. I went to all the dealerships since I do not own a computer. I was looking for a sedan, bottom model, possibly one above. I went to all the dealerships and looked at all the models. Gas economy and comfort were my requirements. All makes and models, both foreign and domestic were comparably priced. I narrowed my search to 3, 2 foreign and 1 domestic, as recalls became another consideration. I went back to the dealerships and test drove all 3. What surprised me the most was the ride in the Honda. It was smooth, quieter inside, and felt more solid on the road. I found the styling, inside and out to be better than comparable brands. It is roomier inside, classier outside, and the model just one step up had more features, including sunroof, backup camera, right turn camera, auto headlights, roomy trunk, dual comfort controls, and keyless entry, all adding more value for the dollar. I have not been disappointed. I have had there car for about 3 weeks and am getting about 37 mpg combined. Most of my driving is highway. Reliability, comfort, value, and low cost of ownership made the Honda Accord the best car for me. Check it out. I don't think you will be disappointed!

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 29

Our Take on the 2014 Honda Accord

Editor's note: This review was written in September 2012 about the 2013 Honda Accord. Little of substance has changed with this year's model. To see what's new for 2014, click here, or check out a side-by-side comparison of the two model years.

The ninth-generation Honda Accord enters the field facing pummeling competition, including recent redesigns from popular competitors like the Chevrolet Malibu, Ford Fusion, Nissan Altima and Toyota Camry. Family sedans represent a massive chunk of the auto market, and five out of the six best-sellers have been redesigned for 2012 or 2013. If family-car makers were gunslingers, this would be the O.K. Corral.

With the new Accord, Honda brings some heat, but... Read More