NEW
Take our quiz & meet the car you’ll love.
2014 Accord

2014 Honda Accord

2014 Honda Accord

Have You Driven the 2014 Honda Accord?

Love This Accord

by Cruz4u from Cali on Mon May 19 2014

I purchased the 2014 Honda Accord EX-L V6 w/Nav for the reliability that I've heard too often from Honda Owners. What I didn't expect was the comfortable ride,great handling, roomy interior and V6 power from a regular gas( not premium) engine. At over 8000mls without an oil change, this car has been a dream. Oil consumption is at 60% and I drive this car from 70-80mph 5 days a week. It averages over 26mpg w/o ECO system. I have all the toys that I need in this car that I would get in a premium class car. In short, I love it!

Great Choice

by br_gurl03 from Los Angeles, CA on Thu Jan 30 2014

At first I was thinking that I'd have a problem adjusting from a V-6 to a 4 cylinder. I must say that with the Accord the transition has been smooth! The response time is great! I love the features the car offers and the best part about the features is they're standard. This makes the car a great value. You can tell by driving the Accord that safety was top of mind. Honda has made hands free driving easy, the USB and Bluetooth connections are convenient and make the driving experience pleasant. The back-up along with the blind spot cameras help to make driving the Accord very safe.

another accord v6

by dc10fun from Washington DC on Thu Sep 26 2013

Everything I liked about my older 06 Accord and more. Engine is more powerful handling is super, new steering is electric and very responsive and the alerts like lane and front crash and cam work great. The phone hookups take a bit more time, had to upgrade my iPhone (3g) to talk to the car, but my wife's 3gs worked fine. The difference between my old (only had 22090 at tradein) is mostly one of sophistication in interior and exterior design and better execution. I did get nav this time and it is much better than the garmin and maps programs I was using before. Well worth it in my opinion. Most everything in this car can be reprogrammed to suit preferences or many options can be turned off. The car is so efficient without the econ button pressed that I leave it off. I do like lane change and collision warnings and you can adjust or turn off if you like. In sum, glad I bought another Accord.

THE World Car Standard of the Industry

by Sport Driving Enthusiast from Broken Arrow, Oklahoma on Sun Dec 22 2013

Honda Accord 4 door's only flaw over the years has been an aesthetic winners and losers from generation to generation. With that said, the same could be said for virtually any car of the last five decades. The rest is all good; finding faults requires more time and patience than we wish to invest. The 2013 / 2014 exterior is a WINNER. The Honda's new body of 2013 just looks right compared with the predecessor. The aggressive lower grille with chrome highlighted splitter balances the facade. The rear end appears integrated as compared to the ugly butt discarded for 2013. The side elevation is clean and purposeful, if not dramatic - probably best for an all around car. The appearance and function of interior seating, doors, door mounted controls, carpets and rear interior deck are noticeably "uncheap"; If ever the term "Spartan Luxury" was not an oxymoron, this is it. Once seated and rolling, there is a noticeable substance and solidity one typically associates with the best cars starting $10,000 higher. The dash area has a logical ergonomically correct layout that is recognized instantly by anyone who has owned any previous Honda. So for many Americans you feel right at home and are immediately drawn to the center "stack" which manages virtually all non-driving essential features easily accessed by both driver and front seat passenger. The computer is NOT to be learned while on the roll. Learn it in your driveway as have I, and it quickly becomes second nature. The driving controls from floor to dash are immediately intuitive and fit both my wife (12" shorter and half my weight ) and big me (6'5" @ 270# perfectly) Positions of secondary driver and car control features become "second nature" quickly. The sunroof,garage control, and overhead lighting positions are easily visible but I've used none of them yet. The interior rates very high with no feel, appearance, or hint of "cheap"; technically not a luxury car, it reminds the driver every second how good a choice he/she made. The driving experience very good, albeit a mixed bag. The power delivery is instantaneous and large. I have never driven the car in standard mode (I prefer economy mode). The car's sheer power has caught me off guard a few times. At only 278 horsepower, the first 4 of the transmission's 6 forward speeds imperceptibly lauch you as quickly as most $45 - 50K Japanese and German luxury models. If that's not quick enough, switch from economy to standard mode. Bear in mind this car hit 60 in 6 seconds and 100mph in 14. Handling dynamics are very good - with a qualifier: The front end does not give you the tactile feedback one feels in my Acura NSX. This is a car in which visual awareness of you position and hold on the road are easy, but the feel of the road is muted. Nevertheless this is the feel Americans grew up with, and even several BMW models have been reviewed as such. With so much power through the steering wheels up front, the factors that compromise the "feel" also significantly reduce torque steer which is not good for drivers with slower reactions an minimal arm strength. The ride and verticle compliance over bad surfaces and long dip / humps is outstanding. Surprise that might upset other vehicles are reduced from "dang!" to "did you notice that?". On the highway at speed the tires rotational inertia lends a centering feel so staying in lane easily allows for long drives without tiring. The fuel economy is excellent. To make it accessible upon demand, the standard information display in the gauge cluster visually cue you in to see how your use of the brakes and throttle affect econopmy. You learn how to drive smoother through a science known as "biofeedback". The optional EX-L NAVI package provides even more info for economy. Accord is a compromise, albeit one of the best thought out in automotive history. It is not a sports car. It is not a luxury car. There are many things it is not. It is however an economical and enjoyable vehicle with

the new accord

by car reviewer from long island NY on Fri Mar 21 2014

As a previous owner of accords who was not fan of the 2008-2012 model this is an improvement. Car has significant interior space but smaller exterior, drives nicely with descent power and tight handling. Gas mileage equal or exceeds its rating. As an accord driver the one improvement noticed right away is that the car is quieter than other versions. Even as fan of accords I admit that they had high road nose so at least there was a noticeable improvement. The one con is that while it has a very nimble ride with excellent handling you feel the road (bumps and all). Since this has been the characteristics of previous accords I'm accustomed to it, but if your use to a softer ride like that of a Camry this may not be the car for you. Other than that a great car.

Amazing value for your money

by blackwings from Fairfield on Wed May 10 2017

Purchased this car brand new 3 years ago and since then, I have used it almost everyday. It has all the bells and whistles including sunroof, bluetooth, heated leather seats, lane departure and collision warning that are found typically in $40K car. Great value for money!

New Car after 20 Years!!!!!!

by New Car After 20 Years! from MD on Sat Aug 09 2014

I did a lot of research since I hadn't bought a new car for a very long time. I went to all the dealerships since I do not own a computer. I was looking for a sedan, bottom model, possibly one above. I went to all the dealerships and looked at all the models. Gas economy and comfort were my requirements. All makes and models, both foreign and domestic were comparably priced. I narrowed my search to 3, 2 foreign and 1 domestic, as recalls became another consideration. I went back to the dealerships and test drove all 3. What surprised me the most was the ride in the Honda. It was smooth, quieter inside, and felt more solid on the road. I found the styling, inside and out to be better than comparable brands. It is roomier inside, classier outside, and the model just one step up had more features, including sunroof, backup camera, right turn camera, auto headlights, roomy trunk, dual comfort controls, and keyless entry, all adding more value for the dollar. I have not been disappointed. I have had there car for about 3 weeks and am getting about 37 mpg combined. Most of my driving is highway. Reliability, comfort, value, and low cost of ownership made the Honda Accord the best car for me. Check it out. I don't think you will be disappointed!

Near excellent

by HonAcc from Tennessee on Wed Mar 05 2014

Pros: smooth, comfortable, big interior. I test drove a new Camry, passat, Altima, g37, and sonata. This one was smoother than all, more comfortable and quicker (except the g37). I own a 14' Q50 as well and the accord seats are more comfy. Cons: no push start. No dual exhaust (unless sport or superior package). To me it seemed there is a flaw design between the gear shift and the front console, there is a compartment in front of the gear shift that is not easily accessible. It something to live with because it is a great car, but to me at least, bothersome at times. I didn't realize it till we drove it a few weeks, since it's not something you would be interacting with unless you has the car for at least a few days and notice the inconvenience.

First new car

by Lisa from Stanley, wi on Wed May 14 2014

I bought the Honda Accord for it's gas mileage and reliability. I would have preferred a different color, but they only came in gray, white, dark blue and black. I would have liked a real nice lighter blue. Possibly a red. The interior is black. I would like dark gray, which my previous car had. So my suggestions is only with the color options. I'm sure I could have gotten something nicer, but I went with the reasonable price and no extras.

Suits me perfectly

by Love blue cars from Janesville, WI on Wed Apr 16 2014

I am delighted with the Honda Accord that I bought to replace my 2004 Toyota Camry SE. The only thing I miss about the Camry is the spoiler on the rear :) The Accord is a great fit for a shorter driver. The controls and technology are designed to be intuitive and I have had little trouble adjusting to a new car ....except for the push button, keyless start. I am still looking for my keys and trying to stick them somewhere to start the car after a month. I liked the beautiful obsidian blue color and the gray interior. The car is responsive and smooth riding. You can easily hear the high quality audio system above the road noise. I was also pleased with my salesman, TIm, at Rock County Honda in Janesville, Wisconsin. I am looking forward to driving this car for 10 or more years.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 34

Our Take on the 2014 Honda Accord

Editor’s note: This review was written in September 2012 about the 2013 Honda Accord. Little of substance has changed with this year’s model. To see what’s new for 2014, click here, or check out a side-by-side comparison of the two model years.

The ninth-generation Honda Accord enters the field facing pummeling competition, including recent redesigns from popular competitors like the Chevrolet Malibu, Ford Fusion, Nissan Altima and Toyota Camry. Family sedans represent a massive chunk of the auto market, and five out of the six best-sellers have been redesigned for 2012 or 2013. If family-car makers were gunslingers, this would be the O.K. Corral.

With the new Accord, Honda brings... Read More