2014 Accord Hybrid

4.2 out of 5 starsValue for the Money
4.6 out of 5 starsReliability

Great hybrid car!

by wheeze from Menomonee Falls, WI on February 20, 2014

I have had the 2014 Honda Accord Hybrid Touring model for about 3 weeks. Here are the positives -- I am quite impressed - the car handles quite well (even in messy winter weather), and is very responsive. The hybrid system is great -- I don't yet know what my mpg will be (right now it is 30 mpg but that is a residual of people test driving it before I bought it) -- the pick up is great. The styling is awesome and the inside feels quite spacious. The safety features are great, too -- the lane departure warning and forward collision warning systems are nice to keep you alert and out of trouble (and the way I drive, I don't have too many false alarms). Okay, now the negatives.... The nav system is good, although the maps are out of date. The Honda-link AHA station (this allows you to use your phone for music/info, etc.) works sometimes, but is intermittent (don't know if this is a problem with my phone or the car). However, the ipod link works great, and the Song-by-Voice works well with it. All in all, it is a great luxury-feeling hybrid that really performs, and I suspect my mileage will improve as the weather does. If you are considering this car, I'd strongly suggest taking a test drive....you'll be hooked!

Best Car Ever

by iReview from Norfolk, VA on May 20, 2016

We currently have a BMW X1, Pathfinder, Honda Insight and the 2014 Accord Hybrid Touring. The family always wants to go out in the Accord wherever we go. I think this is the best car I have owned yet and I have owned a bunch. I look forward to my 30 mile commute. The ONLY complaint I have about this car is steering. I wish there was a lil more - go where you point car in a curve- going on. It tends to understeer? The gas engine noise also takes a lil time to get used to because it starts at random times. Anyways other than that, this car is awesome. If you keep under 70, you can max out the EV mode. I stay between 60 and 80 ending up with a full tank mileage of 45mpg. The max I have gotten is 52, but that trip was under 70mph. I LOVE the way the car picks up speed when in EV mode with a lil tap of the pedal. I think 45-70 must be quicker than a regular accord. It has lots of room inside as well. Reminds me of the Audi A8L I had. Anyways, why would anyone buy a Prius when you can get an almost full size car with similar MPG? The Accord Hybrid is a winner in my book and I plan to keep it till I can afford a Tesla.

great expations

by mickey sclafani from port st lucie fla. on September 1, 2014

i"ve had this car 4 only {4 } months and so far it has beat all i had expected from it so far. it is giving me the gas mileage it said it would. but the safety features on it on the road worked good especialy when cars get 2 close in front of u. and honda service is excelent mickey sclafani

Excelent so far

by Terry from North Wisconsin (Lots of snow) on August 11, 2014

We just purchased this car 3 weeks ago. We owned a 2009 Civic EX-L, 2010 CRV EX-L, and now this Accord Hybrid. My wife rolled the civic and slid 40 feet in a ditch in Northern Wisconsin upside down. I am convinced she would have died in any other small car, but the Honda was safe, and she was protected. We decided to go with more protection, so went with the CRV EX-L. We were not as happy with this car. It burned oil and gave us incorrect info on the engine oil. We also had problems with our AC. There was a recall, but the AC was never really corrected. This may have been just this particular car, but while having it in to service we test drove and fell in love with the Accord. I haven't had this car for long, but I give it high ratings on comfort. The interior is well laid out. This Hybrid has actually caused me to be more conscientious about my driving habits, as well as my wife. The car is solid, beautiful interior/exterior, and most importantly very economical! So far I highly recommend this model to anyone.

Best new car I've owned in 50 years.

by clippedeagle1 from Fort Walton Beach, FL on June 25, 2014

My 2014 Honda Accord Hybrid Touring car looks, feels, and drives great. It has all the bells and whistles and still provides the best mileage in class. No compromises are required. My only quibbles are with the weak dealer and financing network. On May 8 I took delivery of the car and received my contract. It indicated how much to pay and when. It did not have an account number or an address. I needed both to make a payment. I prodded both the dealer and Honda Financial Services to get the information I needed to pay my first/final payment on time on June 7. I got it in time to pay on line, just. Great car. Finance elsewhere.

Gas consumption bang on

by Long Trek from Victoria, BC on June 18, 2015

I've been driving this vehicle for a short time. My morning trek to work is relatively slow going with traffic ( average 30-50 mph). At those speeds I've been getting the predicted 50mpg. Now in my part of the world, it doesn't get below 0 very often. Overhall, this car looks great, it's comfortable, it's roomy, the sound system is great, the ride is extremely quiet (unless you're climbing, then yes it can be in some cases a bit noisy).

Like This Car

by Radapo from Trenton, NJ on May 23, 2014

EX-L The first weekend we had the car we took a 650 mile round trip on the PA Turnpike getting 47.5 mpg. The next two weeks were local city/town driving with a mpg of 55. I drive in ECON mode and have enough acceleration for passing and merging. When a little extra is needed I turn off ECON. I use the B gear like a downshift on a stick shift. The car definitely slows and the battery charge rate increases. Cornering is better than I expected, as the car seems to hug the road. The car is roomy and confortable and the electronics (radio, Bluetooth, etc) work as advertised. Lane Departure Warning (LDW) and Collision Detection can get annoying but I keep them on to judge my driving. LDW is a good reminder to use turn signals to avoid being beeped at. The right-turn video was very helpful for merging on the Turnpike. The trunk size is a downer. We took our luggage to the dealer and packed the trunk before we bought and decided we could live with the small trunk. My wife likes the exterior style. We have no regrets and feel we made a great choice.

Beats MPG

by Hybrid Enthusiast from Chicago, IL on July 22, 2014

The Accord hybrid consistently beats the estimated MPG on my daily commute. My commute is 21 miles each way split city/hwy. I'm averaging 55 MPG per trip with a one-way maximum of 62 MPG!

happy car buyer

by kevlee from Denver, CO on April 2, 2014

I did a lot a research before buying this car. I read many of the reviews and comparisons between Ford and Toyota as far as Hybrids go. I decided upon the Honda Hybrid based upon its MPG rating and technology and reliability. After three and a half weeks of driving I finally filled up the 14 gallon tank of gas. I am so glad I made this purchase.

Fun with New Technology

by Southern Grandpa from Newark, DE on April 6, 2014

I've driven 1000 miles in the last 3 weeks and enjoyed the car the entire time. I purchased the base model which pleases me because the complaints seem to be about the features in the Touring model. The mileage has been increasing with the temperature so I started at 40 mpg and am now averaging 45 mpg, with 42 mpg overall. The car has good pick up and smooth brakes. I'm amazed at how easy it is to drive, as though it were a regular car. I wish the front chrome wasn't blue, but I'll get over it. The reduced trunk space isn't a problem for me since my prior car was a Civic. The big question is how will it drive in 10 years. I was able to get a price reduction to $28,600 but then bought the extended warranty at $1300 so, basically, I bought the car at MSRP and had the extended warranty thrown in so Honda is putting its money where its mouth is. So far, no buyer's remorse.

1 2 3 4 5