2014 Honda Accord Hybrid

Best fuel efficiency in class.

by from MILTON, DE on September 3, 2017

Great car. Very comfortable with lots of luxurious options. Gets prius-like fuel economy without being blown off the road by a little gust.

50 mpg easy!!

by from on May 25, 2017

I've owned a civic hybrid 2009 before this accord. I averaged 32mpg for the life of the car. This is with mostly all city driving as it was a delivery car. The accord doing the exact same deliverys is averaging 54mpg. I was blown away on the first week of owning the car as I was expecting 45mpg. I anticipate my stops and lights and drive very conservative but I also love to floor it at least 2 or 3 time per day. I drive 25,000 miles per year and with five dollars a gallon here in canada this car pays for itself . It's very fast very comfortable and spacious. Honda is back in the game with this one. I know how to pulse and glide to maximize mpg but it's not necessary with this accord it goes into ev mode by itself all the time with no Effort needed. Buy this car you won't be disappointed!!!!!!!. I wrote this review to give back as it was the reason I bought the car. Consumer reports averaged 40mpg that's why I cancelled my membership as they almost convinced me not to buy the car.

Fantastic car

by from Jordan on January 14, 2017

I never bought quite car like honda before . It is simply amazing car. Wide. Looks v.big car. I love everything in this car

Best Car Ever

by from Norfolk, VA on May 20, 2016

We currently have a BMW X1, Pathfinder, Honda Insight and the 2014 Accord Hybrid Touring. The family always wants to go out in the Accord wherever we go. I think this is the best car I have owned yet and I have owned a bunch. I look forward to my 30 mile commute. The ONLY complaint I have about this car is steering. I wish there was a lil more - go where you point car in a curve- going on. It tends to understeer? The gas engine noise also takes a lil time to get used to because it starts at random times. Anyways other than that, this car is awesome. If you keep under 70, you can max out the EV mode. I stay between 60 and 80 ending up with a full tank mileage of 45mpg. The max I have gotten is 52, but that trip was under 70mph. I LOVE the way the car picks up speed when in EV mode with a lil tap of the pedal. I think 45-70 must be quicker than a regular accord. It has lots of room inside as well. Reminds me of the Audi A8L I had. Anyways, why would anyone buy a Prius when you can get an almost full size car with similar MPG? The Accord Hybrid is a winner in my book and I plan to keep it till I can afford a Tesla.

More than I expected

by from Seattle, WA on September 8, 2015

I picked up my 2014 Honda Accord Hybrid Touring with less than 10,000 miles on it last Saturday. I am in love with it! I drove it from Portland to Seattle going 65-70 mph on the freeway and averaged 47 mpg. Today I drove it on my regular work commute (48 miles one way; part freeway, part suburban streets) and averaged a whopping 54.5 MPG. It makes my former car (2006 Prius) seem like a toy car (and I loved my Prius). I love the user interface and all the technology. It's easy to use even for someone like me who doesn't like to read a manual. I couldn't be happier with my 'new' vehicle and am looking forward to many, many years with her.

Gas consumption bang on

by from Victoria, BC on June 18, 2015

I've been driving this vehicle for a short time. My morning trek to work is relatively slow going with traffic ( average 30-50 mph). At those speeds I've been getting the predicted 50mpg. Now in my part of the world, it doesn't get below 0 very often. Overhall, this car looks great, it's comfortable, it's roomy, the sound system is great, the ride is extremely quiet (unless you're climbing, then yes it can be in some cases a bit noisy).

Gas mileage not as advertised

by from New Port Richey, FL on May 22, 2015

First, gas mileage is about 9-10 mpg less than advertised and I drive conservatively in Florida. Voice recognition does not work that well and for me is not logically set up for remembering the commands. GPS is nowhere as good and logical as a Garmin. Good quality materials inside, but styling-wise nothing exceptional. Cellphone bluetooth works well.

Honda hybrid 2015 Touring Edition

by from Greensboro, NC on May 5, 2015

Love this car! Quiet, solid, comfortable, great gas mileage and more than meets all my expectations. Don't have any connection to Honda and have been a Toyota owner for the last 30 years. Super happy I bought the Honda.

Honda 2014 does not come close to there MPG 39

by from New York city on April 5, 2015

Honda must stack there reviews with there own people, supposed to get 45 to 50 not even close 39 if your luck, and only drive under 40 all the time terrible

Falling MPG

by from Chicago, IL on January 30, 2015

I bought this car early in 2014. I paid MSRP since each dealer only received 2 cars/month and I am a loyal Honda enthusiast. I love the styling and interior design and comfort. The car is large enough to fit my family of 5 and the trunk is ample for a hybrid. The handling is crisp and the power is adequate... not bad for a hybrid. There is a bit of an engine "whine" when accelerating that bothers my family, but I guess I am used to it. Initially, I was getting 47+ MPG while driving conservatively. I am now in the heart of winter in Chicago and the MPG has gone down to 37-38 MPG. I can't attribute this to the cold alone. I would have given this car a top rating if the MPG remained as advertised. The EPA ought to force Honda to readjust its estimates to a more realistic MPG. I would highly consider another car if the mileage doesn't improve,,

Our Expert Review: 2014 Honda Accord Hybrid