2013 Civic

2013 Honda Civic

2013 Honda Civic

Have You Driven the 2013 Honda Civic?

Sold

by dsafjlsdj from Ohio on Fri Feb 21 2014

I am sold on Honda cars. After each of my children were involved in a major accident, one in a Honda Accord and another in a Honda Civic, I don't think I will buy any other kind of car. Both children walked away from catastrophic accidents without a scratch. When it's time to replace my Toyota Camry, I'm going to get a Honda.

OUTSTANDING

by HONDA CIVIC FAN SINCE 1996 from PEMBROKE PINES, FL on Fri Sep 20 2013

JUST BOUGHT A 4 DOOR LX SEDAN CIVIC AND I AM IN LOVE! THE BEST! LOADED WITH STANDARD FEATURES AND THE CAR HANDLES EXTREMELY WELL. IT DRIVES AND FEELS LIKE A BIG CAR. IT FEELS HEAVIER. HONDA WENT WAY OUT THIS TIME. CONGRATS!

So far so good

by Gee87 from Central California on Thu May 30 2013

I was looking for a more fuel efficient car and decided to give the new Civic a look. Originally, I was considering a used '12, but I'm very glad I didn't. The '13 is worlds nicer. It's looks/feels like a more expensive car and people comment on the styling all the time. So far, I have 1500 miles and I'm averaging 38mpg. The car could use a little more power for passing as my previous cars had double the horsepower the Civic has, but once the car is at cruising speed, all is well. I can't comment too much on the reliability, but its a Honda, so there shouldn't be any issues there. Overall, I highly recommend the '13 Civic EX.

First Time Honda Buyer

by randy35630 from Florence, Alabama on Sat Dec 28 2013

My first car was a 1980 Mazda 626 manual transmission. Then a succession of Ford Tauruses. They were okay, but then everything goes wrong. This time I did internet research and drove a Hyundai Elantra and the Civic. The Elantra was considerably more expensive and the financing was not as good as Honda's. At my dealership I got excellent service and no slick talk. I bought the 2013 Civic LX. I'm tall and did not want a sunroof. I did upgrade to a leather interior which is a dealer installed option. The driveability and handling of the Civic are excellent. It is also fairly quiet. The array of comfort and convenience features can't be beat in many more expensive vehicles - especially the Bluetooth connectivity and rearview camera. I'm 6'3" and after driving 4,000 miles I wish there was slightly more front legroom, but I wouldn't say I was uncomfortable. To me, the main negative is the tacky plastic hubcaps! I'm okay though. They are not that bad and when rolling who knows?! There are some features I wish the car had, mainly fully intermittent wipers and automatic on/off headlamps. However, you can leave your lights on and program them to turn off after 30 seconds, 15, or when you shut the door. Don't have to worry about running your battery down, and as the base model you have to leave some things for the upper trims. This is perhaps the best car I've ever owned.

Decent car

by John from Pittsburgh, PA on Tue Mar 04 2014

Have 2013 EX-L currently closing in on 7,000 miles. Gas mileage not near what I expected as I'm getting around 24mpg. Drive about 70%/30% city/highway. Pickup is lacking when accellerating. Sometimes feels like it wants to shift to the next gear but is delayed 5-7 seconds before shifting. On the positive side the features for the money are excellent. Navigation is good, love the backup camera. Hard to find this much stuff in a car at this price.

Does not recommend this car!!

Comfortable Economy car

by One looking for new car from Issaquah, WA on Tue Oct 22 2013

The car gives a good mileage and smooth running, a little more noise but it is OK with me. I will recommend to a friend who wants a car with comforts and spend less money on it.

A Positive Experience

by Trying to save a buck from West Roxbury, Massachusellts on Tue Jun 03 2014

This was an easy one to buy. I just wanted an inexpensive new car with great gas mileage. I narrowed my choices and settled on the Civic. Obviously Honda makes a reliable car. I bought it at Prime Honda. I rolled my eyes as the salesperson (Sean) was pretty young. Surprisingly he pretty much knew what I wanted --and-- there was very little price haggling!!! The car itself is great on gas mileage and basically runs itself. The comfort level isn't great (no compacts are) but the price was. All in all a positive experience.

Honda Loyalists Buy Again!

by Mark T. from Marietta, GA on Tue Sep 17 2013

We have been loyal Honda customers for thirty years and can't imagine buying another car outside the Honda "family". Even though we could afford to pay more, my wife and I are more interested in buying reasonably priced, dependable cars than more expensive luxury vehicles. The 2013 Honda Civic EX-L and EX-L NAVI are affordable cars that still offer many of the amenities generally seen with more expensive vehicles. Having put the first 1,000 miles on our new Civics (yes we bought two), we are both getting comfortable and used to all the features. Our only complaint so far is that due to the slope of the hood, you can't see the front end of the car while driving. This makes it difficult to park, and we both catch ourselves parking 2-3 feet farther away than we need to for fear of hitting a car that is parked in front of us. We are hopeful this perception problem will improve with time. Other than that, we are both very excited about our new Civics and hope to drive them for 10-15 years, or until they "die of old age".

Great value for dependability.

by Doug from Central Texas on Tue Oct 15 2013

My wife and I have owned Honda vehicles since 1986 and have been pleased with every car we've owned. We think this car will be no different.Great small car!

reliable car

by car fan from on Tue Nov 26 2013

I am very please with this 2013 Honda civic ex, after check others car, like 2014 Toyota corolla and the 2013 Nissan sentra.

Our Take on the 2013 Honda Civic

The 2013 Honda Civic is the stylish, high-quality compact that should have come out for 2012, now offering unheard-of standard features and innovation. It says to Hyundai: Let’s rumble!

In a drastic and surprising move, Honda significantly reworked its Civic sedan just one year after a complete redesign. Honda listened to complaints about the 2012’s so-so value, ho-hum quality and simple styling, then pulled off a complete 180 for the 2013 model year. As we detailed in our review here, the 2012 didn’t make huge strides in surpassing its body type competition, but it was still good enough to place second in Cars.com’s compact comparison, finishing behind the Hyundai Elantra... Read More