2012 CR-V

2012 Honda CR-V

Have You Driven the 2012 Honda CR-V?

I LOVE my Honda

by Dorothy from Charlotte, NC on Fri May 09 2014

I got my 2012 Honda CR-V from Hendrick Honda on South Blvd, and I love it! I got a great deal on it, and it's exactly what I wanted. The safety ratings are excellent, so I feel safe knowing that when we add a car seat, all the cargo is protected :).

love after minivan

by x mini van mom from Greenville, SC on Mon Mar 05 2012

Love my new CRV. It's the first car I've owned after 3 vans. My first car was a Honda and I knew the reliability. My CRV is an EX-L AWD with a hitch. I DO miss the automatic hatch from my last car and the incorporated garage door opener. Small things on the grand scale, but conveniences I had on my last van that I no longer have with the CRV. This car even with a V4 has great pick up and alot of zip. It has a smaller gas tank than my Sienna, so I am having to make more stops at the gas station...but all in all small inconveniences for a great car.

First SUV I have owned

by Former Sedan Driver from St Louis Missouri on Tue Jan 01 2013

Bought a 2012 Honda CR-V EX-L AWD w/Nav as a holdover. Got great deal. Wife had wanted a puppy for years and thought we needed a vehicle that was doggy compatible. Bought CR-V a week before Christmas and immediately took it on a 1600 mile trip to see family. CR-V handles like a car with AWD handling helping through some snow in Ohio. Interior feels spacious even though CR-V is built on Civic chassis. Fit and finish inside is adequate, though not up to my standards of having an Audi A6 previously. Running XM radio through Nav screen is somewhat cumbersome. Should be easier to operate as we become more familiar with its operation. Cargo space behind 2nd row of seats is very good; with seats down, downright cavernous. Folding 2nd row seats is very easy and can be done from back doors or cargo area. Hoping for Honda reliabilty and residual value. Will write a full report at 1 year anniversary.

love my crv

by rap to my crv from danville va. on Mon Mar 19 2012

i think the 2012 crv is the best looking suv in its class have had it for three weeks driven it 1000 miles and we are very satisfied with it. it gets about 28 mpg on the higway.we love the white diamond pearl color.

Senior couple gave this car lots of love

by David Pack from Newton, NC on Sun May 07 2017

One owner, very well taken care of, always garaged,new brake pads within 1 year new front rotors 1 month ago, new Gold battery from Advance auto one week ago. Always cleaned, waxed and driven non abusively by a senior couple. Tires within 1 1/2 year old in great shape. We are selling the car because we bought a new 2017 crv and only need one car. Oil always changed at 15%. 125500 long distance milage mostly.

Meh

by Garage life from on Sun Jan 24 2016

If you are a person that does not want too much fun, this is the car for you. Its boring and its not as reliable as other crv's. Changed the battery in January of 2014. Brakes and tires needed to be replaced. Also, the more you drive it, the louder it gets. Its fine for a daily, but thats all. Don't expect a hot rod. It's a normal car for a normal person. Also, the awd sucks.

Awful hard seats, slow, should get MPG with a 4 Cy

by NickP from Charlotte, NC on Thu Jan 03 2013

Brought this CRV to get around town,wife might use to go to work occasionally and to pull behind motor home. The front leather seats are hard, with no back support. It has NO pick up at all very difficult to merge in heavy traffic. Four cylinder gets only 24 - 25, I was getting that in a Ford Taurus. It is a light car so it pulls well behind motor home. IF you are not a techy person the radio/climate control in EX-l will drive you crazy.

Does not recommend this car!!

The Best of Honda

by Acura Fan from vacaville on Wed Mar 28 2012

I wanted an MDX but it not only was too big and difficult to manage for my husband but ate gas like mad. The new CR-V has an Econo mode that could extend the gas milage to a potential 37 gallons..not bad. We got the top end and feel it is like the MDX's little brother. It had all the power one would need and looks fantastic!!!!

3 years of trouble free service so far

by Tower from Ottawa, ON on Thu Feb 26 2015

My parents were looking for a new car to replace our aging Camry and we decided to check out SUVs for the first time due to my dad's back problems. We tried a few and settled on the new CR-V. We got a great deal on it and so far they're loving it. The leather seats are comfy, I do find Honda makes better leather than cloth. I drove it for 2 years before getting my own car. It's a little underpowered on the highway but it's perfect for when my mom runs errands around town and as a family hauler. The ride is pretty good, though not quite as smooth as my 2015 Chrysler 200 (granted, a different vehicle entirely) and the cargo space is great, we love that feature where you fold the back seats by the flick of a switch. The gas mileage has been quite good, mom averages about 30 mpg which is better than what it used to get when I was also driving it. We love the standard backup camera and heated seats as well, my mom is very nervous when backing up so the camera is a godsend for her, especially since we've only had Camrys in this family. We've had absolutely no problems with it and have 45k on it now. We keep cars a long time and run them into the ground so this CR-V should suit my parents fine. It's no funmobile but it wasn't designed that way plus my parents and I are all fairly conservative drivers anyway. If you want something to carve corners I suggest the Ford Escape, Mazda CX-5 or VW Tiguan. I highly recommend the CR-V if you're looking for a small SUV that's reliable, good on gas, has lots of passenger and cargo space and is easy to live with.

Computer Controller Problems

by JoeTraveler from Oregon on Wed May 02 2012

Right from the get-go, my brand new 2012 CR-V seems to have arrived with some sort of a computer controller problem, specifically with not allowing my iPhone to pair, and also problems with the iMID control functions. Symptoms started as they delivered my new vehicle to me with non-functioning Phone and Setting buttons (no response to the press). Then, problems also surfaced with the steering-mounted Display and Audio Channel toggle buttons (eratic, sometimes uncontrollable, screen movements between settings), in addition to the same eratic control of the Aux iPod control functions through the dashboard. Other functions not working include the customized Wallpaper input and some Back button functionality. Most other computer controlled adjustments (sound system, door settings, vehicle info, etc.) seem to be working properly, although at a very slow response rate like an old 486 PC that receives too many input commands at once and slows to a snails pace. At first, the dealer tried to perform a software re-install - that didn't work. Then, they replaced the Audio hardware unit without solving the problem either. Now, Honda Engineering is in contact with Panasonic to replace the Computer System Controller unit that apparently the phone and audio systems pass through to process command functions (which, by the way, I mentioned to the dealer right off was perhaps the problem - I know a few things about computers). I'm a bit concerned that a CARFAX report will show warranty work right off the bat with this vehicle, and that they're already plowing into the dash with repeated repairs - but not as much as just wanting these problems resolved - I'm just wondering if anyone else has experienced this same kind of problem with their new, 2012 CR-V, and what was done to resolve the issue.

Our Take on the 2012 Honda CR-V

The current Honda CR-V is one of the best-selling vehicles in the country, let alone in the the small crossover segment, and the redesigned 2012 version doesn’t stray far from the formula that has made it so popular: It’s easy to drive, has lots of room for its size and gets good mileage.

Improvements to the 2012 Honda CR-V’s interior, cargo configurability, ride quality and standard-equipment list should keep the compact crossover atop car shoppers’ must-test lists.

What’s New
The CR-V drives more like a car now and has a new interior, but the exterior design stands out as being much more interesting than the current model. The front has a forward slope to it... Read More