2013 CR-V

4.6 out of 5 starsReliability

All Reviews

Disappointed Honda Devotee

by JR8R from Up north, Wisconsin on February 27, 2014

I have owned Hondas continuously since 1988 - 7 in all. This is my third CR-V. My family and I really like this version of the CR-V....but, we have lost faith in Honda over an engine issue. Beware your maintenance minder that says you don't need an oil change until 15% oil life. I do a lot of highway driving, and did not require an oil change until about 8,000 miles in. After the oil change and once the weather got below freezing, a strange knocking sound began on start up. My car was in the shop three times before they determined that the camshaft actuator is faulty (a problem on Accords as well). They replaced it once, the replacement was faulty, so they replaced it again. Engine is now loud and I'm getting a lot of vibration. The noise is gone (for now), but the dealership stated that if I have further problems they will have to replace the top of the engine. Also - had to rent a car at my own expense while my car was in the shop. Third time in they comped the rental car as car has to be at shop for two days for this repair. After doing some research, it seems that more frequent oil changes could prevent this issue in the first place. Honda knows there is an issue, but they've failed to correct it in the manufacturing process. There's a lot to like about this car, but I've lost faith and wonder how much damage was done to the engine while the dealer farted around for months on this.

Rear Differential Problem

by Former Honda fan from USA on June 26, 2013

Be advised -- loud scraping, grunting sound backing up. Honda says that rear differential motor is bad. Had new part installed. I call Honda corporate and was told they have other reports on this problem. Hopefully the problem will not reappear. This should NOT happen with a brand new car!!

Just what I wanted.

by Economic And Picky from Traverse City, MI on June 22, 2013

I wanted a smaller SUV with good gas mileage and reliability. I had an Accord back in the 80's and 90's and it was a great car. My wife has a Civic now and we love it. I needed an AWD vehicle because we live in northern MIchigan. The snow gets pretty deep up here. I am usually one of the first ones out of the subdivision when heading into town before the sun rises and the streets are plowed. So, I started searching for an SUV that gets good gas mileage. The price of gas is only going up! I compared the Honda CRV, Subaru Outback, and Ford Escape, and several GM vehicles. I preferred the Honda CRV because of the ride/comfort/gas mileage and price. It is exactly what I wanted. I've driven it for 4 weeks now and I know I made the right decision. Cars.com gave me a lot of good information about all of the vehicles. The reviews swayed my opinion because some folks were not getting what was advertised by the car companies. I can say for certain that I am getting fabulous gas mileage. I've filled it up 4 times already and am getting between 28-31 miles per gallon. My commute to work is 12 miles one way. The features are also quite a selling point. I have a wonderful radio and sound system. I did not want to pay extra for the GPS. I already have a Garmin. The price was great and the dealer made a deal! I do not know how it will handle in the snow. I will probably put on snow tires. Once you have snow tires...you always have snow tires...

Most likable vehicle I've owned!

by Former Element Owner from Salinas, CA on April 10, 2013

We purchased the EX-L, AWD, AT, with the navigation system and two add-on options: the cross bars for the installed roof rails and the auto dimming rearview mirror. Also, we purchased the 7-year/80K miles extended warranty and the protective upholstery and body protectant coating (we tend to keep our vehicles for 10-years or more). This is one of the most comfortable vehicles I've ever driven or ridden in. My wife loves the heated seats and the way the navigation system works and sounds. We traded a 2003 EX-L AWD Element for the CR-V and our experience with the Element is one of the main reasons we decided on the CR-V. For a 4-cylinder engine you're in for a dramatic surprise when you mash down hard on the gas peddle. The transmission is smooth as silk with the shift points being exceptionally well set for the engine power and torque output. The visual queue for economy driving makes getting 28+ MPG a no brainer. When the ignition key is first turned ON, the instrument panel lights up like a Christmas tree for the system checks. In short order you receive a very pleasant announcement that your cell phone is linked up with the built-in blue-tooth system. The vehicle has the voice command feature on it and the various displayed feature are identified with the allowable voice commands. There are a fantastic number of cubbies for stuff of all sixes and shapes. There is plenty of room to haul stuff and having the roof crossbars takes care of those out sized items you sometimes have to move. The second row of seats fold down simply by pulling a lever from the lift-gate area or a pull loop from the second row doors area. We are really pleased with our purchase and Honda has gone all out with the integration of the features and accessories of this vehicle. To say we are pleased is really an understatement!

Still miss 2003 CRV

by Value buyer from Lansing, mi on July 15, 2013

Greate value for the money. Honda dependability and quality is bullet proof. I bought the high end EX-L because I wanted heated seats, sun roof, and better stereo. The "better stereo" is a little disappointing. I miss all the "useful" storage compartments from my 2003 CRV such as "dash shelf" and drawer under passenger seat. The car rides and handles well but is a touch noisy. My complaints are minor as this is an excellent vehicle.

First Honda

by Motoring Along from Mpls., Mn. on May 23, 2013

After hearing all the hype about Hondas for years, we decided to purchase a new 2013 CRV-EXL AWD the beginning of May. We've driven the car about 600 miles so far, so it's not even broken in yet. We wanted a mutli-purpose vehicle with decent gas mileage, all wheel-drive (it's Minnesota) and the CRV delivers exactly what the sticker says - 24-25 City, 30-31 highway. Runs smoothly and is reasonably comfortable, but you feel certain bumps, particularly when traveling over roads with numerous cracks or frequent bumps. Power is ok, but we had traded down from a Nissan Murano with 60 more horsepower, so a little anemic from what we are used to. The interior is nicely done, but a little too much plastic in places, like so many cars these days. The leather is comfortable, seats are nice, good gauges and controls, although the shifter tends to get in the way of the ventilation controls when in Park. A great vehicle that does many things well - highly recommend.

nice car for the money

by coastal photographer from Surf City, North Carolina on August 28, 2013

The CR-V L has the best ride and comfort of any small SUV we tested. Maybe not the most advanced in style and looks, but it's bigger, and far more comfortable than the tuscon, or ford excape. So far with the ECCO system being used all the time, we are averaging over 31.5 miles per gallon. The only small nit pick is the size and location of the back up camera. For anyone under 5'8" it's hard to see to use it. Honda should rethink it's location.

GRINDING UPON START UP

by First time HONDA OWNER from 60096 on June 8, 2015

I had CRV into Honda 3 times and they are aware of grinding noise . They know it doesn't damage engine but its not a safety issue . Also, they won't say it's actually the actuator causing the problem . But they are trying to come up with a solution . I got all the extended warranties and I'm 2 years into paying on vehicle . And I have to put up with total strangers coming up to me and saying you should get that looked at . The noise is loud and embarrassing . I expected better from Honda .

2013 Honda EXL CRV AWD

by Josh from FAMILY OF 3 on June 18, 2014

First SUV I'VE OWNED. GREAT GAS MILEAGE. GOES IN THE SNOW. WISH IT HAD AC VENTS FOR THE PEOPLE SITTING IN THE BACK SEATS. And more leg room. I've recieved more complements on the color and the look of my HONDA CRV. I GOT THE TOP OF THE LINE, AND HOPEFULLY IT WILL LAST ME. I HAVE LEATHER SEATS AND IN THE WINTER I CAN TURN THE SEAT ON AND THE SEATS HEAT UP. AND THE GAS MILEAGE IS GREAT ECO AND STILL HAS THE PICK UP WHEN ITS ON.

2013 Honda CRV EX-L 2 wheel drive

by Former Ford Owner from Detroit, Michigan on October 23, 2012

Great value and extremely effiencent use of interior space. Great mpg as well as overall performance. Value for the money and resale value makes this a great overall value. Engine is fine for this small suv as well as technical features. Friends have bought a couple since driving in mine after looking at Escape, VW, ect. Would purchase again. Like the overall package of EX-L but 2 wheel drive was best value for the money for myself.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 23