2020 Honda CR-V Hybrid consumer reviews

side view of 2020 CR-V Hybrid Honda
Explore the 2020 CR-V Hybrid Honda
Shop the 2020 CR-V Hybrid Honda

Great SUV

This is my second CRV, my first Hybrid. I love the SUV on a whole but I am disappointed in the gas mileage. I am not getting any better gas mileage in the Hybrid than I did with my other CRV, about 31mpg.

Great Commuter. Great weekender too.

'21 Hybrid, Touring trim. If you can keep highway speeds at 65 or under and know how to approach driving a hybrid, this gets great gas mileage (above estimates in our case). It's quick and responsive in town and comfortable on the road. The safety features are solid. The infotainment center is lacking, but Android Auto fixed that for us. The sound system is crisp and full. We're plenty happy, and we'd buy this same model again in a heartbeat.

Drives as advertised

I purchased this car 3 weeks ago and am happy to report that not only is this car comfortable to drive around the city it is equally comfortable on longer interstate travels. Currently, I am getting 38.9 mpg after 1600 miles of mixed driving. The safety features are abundant and I love the adaptive cruise control. The only thing missing is a spare tire. I definitely would recommend this car.

A great hybrid

Everything you would want in a hybrid and more. Great features, styling and performance. It has exceeded my expectations thus far and expect it will continue.

2.4

Don't believe Honda hybrid fuel mileage

If you're looking for decent mpg don't consider the Honda CR-V hybrid. I bought a 2020 touring model and am I sorry, haven't bested 27mpg on flat, paved roads, with no accessories running. Also own a Toyota Prius, and would have stayed with Toyota except Rav4 hybrid seats don't fold flat.

Great value for the money

Great smooth ride and handling....good pickup on acceleration and a terrific sound system. Plenty of legroom for all passengers....the hybrid option is nice on gas mileage.

Disappointed in this one

We have owned previous CR-V's. In fact, we still own a 2017 CR-V EX-L and love it. We needed a second car and immediately looked to the hybrid CR-V as we love Honda's and CR-V's and of course, who doesn't love even better fuel economy. We leased the top of the line Touring model. It is a very comfortable car, as we expected. The disappointment comes first with fuel economy. We live in Florida. It is flat and warm. Yet we have not been able to get as good fuel economy as we get with our 2017 gas version. And the absolute deal breaker is the acoustic vehicle alerting system. It is so loud in reverse that our neighbors look to see what the sound is when we back out of our garage. There doesn't seem to be any way to tone it down. So we basically have a car with poorer fuel economy than the gas version and we have to put up with that horrible sound in reverse and up to 20mph. We definitely won't be keeping this one at the end of the lease. Disappointed as we love Honda.

Very comfortable ride with good gas mileage

Only had it for 2 days...but so far it's a fun ride! I compared it to the Rav4 hybrid and although it isn't as spunky, it's a better value for the money in my opinion.

Gas Mileage Not What Advertised

Overall the car is fine. This is our 3rd CRV but our first Hybrid. It looks great but the gas mileage is not even close. We average 30 in the city and about 30 on the Highway. Very disappointed in the poor mileage. If I had to do it again I would have bought the gas model. I don’t like not having a spare tire, the run flats ride is harsh, and not having a shifter. The shifter is replaced with a push button shifter which you got to remember to put in park and is just not intuitive to me. Also you got to remember to turn the car off as it is so quiet you may forget which I have done more than once. On the highway the car runs fine but lots of road noise and the engine whines and whales as you come up to speed.

Great car

So far car rides good, handles well on road. Had many bells and whistles I was not used to having. Hoping for awesome mikes per gallon.