2017 Fit

2017 Honda Fit

2017 Honda Fit

Have You Driven the 2017 Honda Fit?

Best Financial Decision I've Ever Made

by Bryan Endres from Plainfield, IL on Thu Jun 22 2017

I. Love. My. Fit. To start with, the gas mileage is incredible. Advertised is (I believe) 30 city 36 highway, but mine far exceeds that. I've only put a little over 500 miles on my new car, but in the two tanks of gas that I've purchased, I've averaged 33.22 mpg (yes, I've been keeping track). That is mixed driving, including occasional traffic, sitting in the car with the A/C running for a few minutes when I get to work, and my lead foot. If I don't hit traffic on the interstate into work I easily average over 40 mpg for the entire drive. One of my favorite features on this vehicle is the ability to view MPG by current and previous drives, as well as the traditional averages for each trip and the current readout. There are also little blue/green lights on either side of the speedometer to tell you whether or not you are driving efficiently. The power is very good for an economy car, and I feel confident merging on short ramps onto the interstate. I try not to push the car too hard as I am still breaking it in, but I'll admit that I did have to try it just once, and I was actually pleasantly surprised by the amount of pickup that the car has. I wouldn't be trying to win any races, but there is more than enough power in case you are driving a car full of people with the A/C on in the summer and need to get out in front of traffic. I love the touchscreen radio, but my only complaint with the audio is that there is not a whole lot of low end. The car doesn't have a subwoofer and only has the door speakers without much sound deadening. The sound is clear and balanced, but I am considering adding a subwoofer under the seat just to fill in the missing low end sound. The reverse and LaneWatch cameras work very well and I am using them much more than I thought that I would. I opted for the manual model, and I love the way that the transmission feels. It is extremely easy to drive and to shift. I work on my feet for 8-12 hours a day in a hot warehouse moving heavy product. My legs are usually pretty sore at the end of my shift, but I still have no trouble operating the clutch in this car. It is very light but still provides plenty of feedback. I did not drive the CVT, but I have a family member who purchased a 2016 CVT, and she said that she thinks it is lacking in pickup off the line. I cannot verify this, but I would prefer to drive a manual anyways. Regardless of the transmission you choose, you will be happy driving this vehicle. It rides really nice on the interstate and feels like the solid quality and confidence that you get with any Honda. I could go on forever about the bi-directional folding rear seats, rear seat leg room, hatch space, etc., but I will leave that research to the buyer. Just know that you will not be disappointed when you drive this car off the showroom floor.

InLoveWithMyCar

by ManualFiend from Euharlee, ga on Fri May 12 2017

She is everything I wanted and more! This car handles like a dream. Even though I got the most basic model, it has more features than I need. Got no complaints about that. I love this car, and it feels more spacious than a subcompact! The only reason I didn't give it five stars on everything is because a five star rating would mean that it walks on water. Realistically, I guess nothing could meet that criteria. LOL. I love my car!

Lots of bang for your buck!

by Happy Honda Owner from Springfield, MO on Fri Apr 07 2017

The standard equipped features are a great value. I love the rear back up camera and bluetooth features. Lots of room and cargo space. Happy owner!

Feeling content with this car!

by rachsetta from pinellas park, fl on Tue Oct 31 2017

After driving the Civic, Ford C-Max, and Fit, the Fit was by far the best value for my money. It is a compact but is solidly built, stability control, and smooth. The ride is like a much larger car. It's just the right size, has very comfortable seats. Its suspension is a little firm, but the ride is still comfortable on the highway! On my first 200+ mile trip, I averaged 33 mpg. This car has an incredible cargo space, easy to drive, and great fuel economy .

Cool, comfortable and versatile

by Priscilla from Fredericksburg, VA on Wed Apr 26 2017

Love all the interior space options! Feels like a mini Honda CRV. The 4th Honda for our family. Pohanka Honda Fredericksburg, Virginia is the best.

Love this car

by Honda Fit Fan from Denver, Co on Thu Jun 08 2017

This is the 3rd Honda Fit that I have owned and each model gets better. The handling is great and the gas mileage is wonderful. There is lots of room in the interior. I have already recommended this car to several people. I have also recommended the dealership and the salesperson to several people.

Great car!

by Ashuhleeyy from Orlando, FL on Tue Nov 14 2017

This car has been better than I thought. It drives great, has a good amount of storage and allows me to travel with my pets and a bunch of other things comfortably

best gas mileage

by dolly from Indianapolis on Wed May 31 2017

Love it. Had a knee replacement and it is easy to get in and out. Great gas mileage. Roomy. Love the look and color. Magic seat is unique. I recommend it.

Best Bang for your Buck

by GoldenGnome from Boston, MA on Sat Jul 29 2017

Great economical car. Very cheap, great gas mileage, surprising amount of room for a subcompact (every seat except the driver's seat folds down), base model comes with features like a backup camera, bluetooth, and a USB connection. 1.5 liter engine gets the job done, includes an eco mode button and a sport mode. The Fit is very maneuverable and great for city driving. Awesome all-around normal car, good choice for someone who wants a cheap new car with modern features and doesn't have any special needs. Also a great option for people who aren't a fan of the standard sedan body style. Backed up by Honda's reputation for reliability.

Fit

by Owner from St Louis on Thu Sep 28 2017

Great value and savings at fill up time. Comfortable, but not smooth. Spacious for family great view out windows. First trip to store, we didn't leave anything behind because there was plenty of room.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Our Take on the 2017 Honda Fit

The verdict:

With the 2016 Fit, Honda has concocted an elixir of most things small-car shoppers want, and the results are mighty desirable.

Versus the competition:

If you're shopping for an entry-level car, make sure to fit the Fit onto your list. The 2016 Fit is not the quietest, quickest or most refined car in its class, but it plays a respectable hand in most areas while combining impressive fuel and space efficiency.

Editor’s note: This review was written in August 2015 about the 2016 Honda Fit, but little of substance has changed with this year’s model. To see what’s new for 2017, click here, or check out a side-by-side comparison of the two model years.

Honda redesigned the Fit for 2015, and the car carries over with no changes for 2016 (compare them here). Trim levels include LX and EX, which can have manual or automatic transmissions, and the automatic-only EX-L. I drove a range of 2015 EX and EX-L cars, including Cars.com’s long-term Fit EX, which you can read more about here. Go here to stack up all three trims.

Exterior & Styling