Find out if this car is the best match for you.
1995 Passport

1995 Honda Passport

4.3

4 out of 5 stars Interior Design
4 out of 5 stars Reliability

Have You Driven the 1995 Honda Passport?

The Grey Passport

by Nurse Nancy from Florida on Mon Dec 06 2010

I love my Passport. Yes It has some drawbacks, What car is perfect the back tail gate and rear seats are somewhat clumsy to operate. After 10 years of use they have become second nature. I love the great visibility in traffic, no blind spots and I sit up higher than most. I can jump curbs, gutters and medians. It's not too bad off road either. Until this last year, it has bee an extremely reliable car. I did have a problem with the ABS sensor, too. It is a 15 year old vehicle, with over 140,000 miles. still going strong. The turning radius is outstanding. I make a lot of u turns.

My go getter

by Go getter! from on Wed Oct 06 2010

For commuting daily, and family weekends, I couldn't ask for a more suitable SUV. It is comfortable for the family, yet fuel efficient enough for the commute.

Stuck with a lemon...

by Manda from Harrisburg, Pa on Wed Aug 02 2006

I bought a '95 Passport from a local dealer less than a year ago. I had problems with it right off the lot. Within the first day I went to pick it up, we had problems even getting it off the lot. The dealer had to replace the battery cables and starter. Once it finally started, I couldn't get it out of park. The Brake sensor that allows you to shift when you press the brake had to be de-activated because it was defective. These problems we're probably specific to this particular Passport. Once I began driving it on my daily commute over a steep mountain ridge, I immediatly noticed a lack of horsepower on the steeper parts. I often drove my old 4-cylinder automatic Civic over the same ridge with no loss of horsepower. I found this disappointing for a 6-Cylinder SUV. The 4X4 worked well and get my through the winter traveling, but this past Spring I learned the 4X4 axle boots were shot and it cost me over $650 to repair for state inspection. Recently on a long trip, it left me stranded along side of the road when the transmission failed. When my mechanic looked it over I also learned that my lifters were shot. My advice to you, if you were to buy a Passport, have it looked over extensively by a qualified mechanic before purchasing. Alot of these issues I've had could have been caught before hand if the mechanic that checked it out for me initially had been more thorough.

Does not recommend this car!!

Our Take on the 1995 Honda Passport

Honda wanted to get in on the red-hot sport-utility market so badly that it settled for less than the best.

Last year, Honda began selling a version of the Isuzu Rodeo as the Honda Passport; it's basically the same as the Rodeo, but it has a different grille and trim.

The Rodeo always has been a fundamentally decent vehicle, but it has never been what you would call a front-runner. When people think of sport-utilities, they think of Jeep Cherokees, Ford Explorers, Chevy Blazers and various Land Rovers.

The rest of the pack are second-tier vehicles that sell mostly because of brand loyalty.

Although Honda has a superb reputation for engineering quality automobiles, the Japanese automaker has... Read More