2012 Hyundai Accent

Most reliable and nice car I have ever owned.

by on September 13, 2017

This car handles very well and very reliable. The exterior is very enticing and the interior is very well- decorated. There is also plenty of room for packages and boxes.

Good car, huge capacity, park it anywhere

by from Baltimore, MD on August 30, 2017

First, the storage capacity is extraordinary even with rear passengers. It's volume is as practically that of a small SUV and 50% more than any car in its class. The Fit might fit more with the seats down, but with passengers it's not even close to the Accent. You are 50% more likely to fit it in a parking spot than a compact. It's been reliable for 18 months since I bought it used in Jan 2016.

Uses car for Havingfun

Awesome commuter car

by from Blakeslee on August 10, 2017

240,000 miles and still get over 30mpg. Gas, oil, brakes and tired are all this car needs. I would definitely buy another. I highly recommend.

I love this car!

by from Vero Beach, FL on August 8, 2017

It performs as I want it to. I start the engine and it goes! The ride is comfortable. There is a lack of storage space inside but I've adjusted.

Uses car for Havingfun

Most dependable car ever

by from WEST PALM BEACH on June 26, 2017

It is a very good car for everyday travels. It's Very good on gas, comfortable and reliable. It is very clean inside and out.

Base model leaves much to be desired

by from Oroville, CA on May 31, 2017

I recently bought the most base model there was for this car. I'll try to rattle off some pros. I bought it used with less than 30K on the odo affordably and so far I haven't had any real issues with it and along with good exterior and interior design to help make up for what it lacks it absorbs bumps well and has a smooth quiet drive as long as the road is paved or clean... I'll get to that in a minute, and fair enough rear visibility despite some people's claims of it not being the case. It does get decent mileage especially on the highway, but as many have noted nowhere near the 40mpg they sold it on. Now for "cons." If you're looking for a cheap basic car, there are plenty of comparable price options from other companies that are just as good and offer far more on their base models than this one does, new or used. If you absolutely must buy this car, go with the next grade up. Let me explain, "no frills" is the understatement of the century here, a Vespa has more to it. No spare tire, which I assumed it had. Only one lock keyhole, on the driver's door. No cruise control, a must for my long commutes. No air conditioning! My savings are probably already lost because I'm going to need to install one to deal with hot summers, if indeed one can be installed. It sounds like you're in a big bucket on gravel or just dirty roads, no cab insulation whatsoever. Position of the seats not very comfortable with limited adjustment ability, glove compartment latch needs some prompting to open and looks like it might bust if you're not gentle. It actually didn't even come with a stereo, the dealership installed a cheap aftermarket one just so they could get it off the lot! I don't care if a car doesn't have fancy touch screens or heated seats, or even electric windows (which of course it doesn't) but most of the things I listed off are very useful and I thought came standard in even the cheap cars these days and just made sense, they aren't even expensive features at all yet Hyundai skimped on everything just to save pennies! At this rate I'd almost expect it to come with a crank instead of a key. Being a bit rushed to get a car I admittedly wasn't paying enough attention and had I known how skimpy it was I would have gone with another used car if I couldn't negotiate another $1000 off. This car will get me point A to point B until I can upgrade, I'm not dealing with the long commutes and hot summers this way for the next ten years, it doesn't work out well in California. Hyundai... for what you marketed this car for brand new you could have put in some basics for nothing, shame!

great car for commuting and running errands

by from Hampton, NJ on May 8, 2017

This car gets between 35 - 40 MPG; with the seats down, the hatchback holds over 47 cuft of cargo; great car for commuting and running errands; never had any problems; 5 yrs left on the 10 yr/100,000 mile powertrain warranty; runs like new

Perfect fit for me

by from Chehalis washington on March 9, 2017

Awsome car. Best bang for your buck. South sound trucks in olympia was amazing. I couldnt ask for a better car. Ask for nate if you stop by.

Ms. Stacey

by from Norwich, Connecticut on April 25, 2016

Smooth ride, engine so quiet wasn't sure it was running at a stop light lol! Nice car to look at, 4 cylinder is great on gas, and easy on the wallet. The salesman was pleasant, the manager offered us cold bottles of water, while we waited. We weren't made to feel stupid, or uneducated with the questions we were asking, and my boyfriend received $100 for referring me to Hyundai, he recently purchased his own Accent, less than a year ago.

Good Fuel Economy, but avoid in any Snow Climate

by from Northeast Ohio on August 5, 2014

I've had a 2012 Accent, 6 Speed manual for about a year now. This car is used primarily for commuting, as I drive about 52 miles to and from work every day, mostly highway driving. I'm simply going to provide you with the pros and cons of this vehicle, and let you make your own assessment from there. Pros: It's easy to drive, and the manual is easy enough to shift especially for an economy car. The gas mileage overall is quite good, depending on how you drive it. If you're easy on the throttle and cruise at around 70mph, it's not hard to average about 40-42 mpg in this car calculated from the pump. If you're an aggressive drive like me and tend to average more around 80-85mph and accelerate hard occasionally, you'll see more around 37mpg which I don't think is bad at all for that speed. Cons: A lot of these you're already expecting when dealing with this class of car. Of course it's light on features, and the interior and exterior are cheaply made. I can deal with that, but what really kills this car is just how flimsy the chassis and suspension is. Despite having one of the loosest suspensions I've ever driven a car with, it rides rough and you'll feel plenty of bumps in the road. There's a ton of body roll so don't expect to be able to go around any corners above grandma speed. But what really kills the appeal of this car is just how unsafe it is to drive in inclement weather. Anything as light as 10-15mph wind gusts WILL push this car 2-3 feet off center, and you'll have to be ready to counter steer to avoid swerving out of your lane or into another driver. Performance in the rain is poor as well, so expect to hydroplane often and slow down much more than in more grounded cars to keep it safe. And then we get to snow... don't even try to drive this thing with stock tires in the snow. You will literally get stuck in 1-2 inches and be unable to accelerate or brake at all. It honestly felt identical to the time I made the mistake of driving a Mazda3 with summer tires in the snow which is a terrible idea. Even if you buy snow tires for this car, it's still downright unsafe to drive in the snow. The car is simply to light to ever gain traction, and at speed when traction loss occurs, it will pull hard to one direction and the steering wheel will have no effect which makes it very easy to crash into a median or side rail if you're not an experienced driver. The electic steering here is also a horrible feature, as it makes it very difficult to feel what your tires are doing in such weather conditions. It's like driving a dead fish. In summary, this is a fine car if you live in Texas or Florida. But if you live in any state with even a brief winter, please get a Fiesta or another car instead that can actually handle itself in the snow with proper snow tires.

Our Expert Review: 2012 Hyundai Accent