NEW
Take our quiz & meet the car you’ll love.
2012 Accent

2012 Hyundai Accent

2012 Hyundai Accent

4.1

4 out of 5 stars Performance

Have You Driven the 2012 Hyundai Accent?

Awesome Green Hyundai

by Officer Ed from Giddings, Tx on Mon May 28 2012

I bought the car 2 months ago and I have put 3000 miles on it. I am very impressed with this car. It is everything I wanted and more. The styling is top notch (I think Hyundai is continuing to hit homeruns with their vehicles) and the fuel economy is superb. Just last week, I filled up in my home town and drove to Austin, Texas, which is about 60 miles away. I drove back and filled up again. I divided the total miles by the amount of gas and I got just over 42 mpg. Granted, I drove extremely gently (I didn't drive faster than 60 mph and was very careful when it came to stopping and going). I average around 34 mpg in combined driving. There are a few minor things that I had to get used to. I switched from a 2010 Honda Civic to the Accent GLS. The outside mirrors feel a little on the cheap side and the wheel well lip is very thin. But, for the price I paid for this car, it serves my needs. There is plenty of room and the dash design is one of the best I've seen. I have had absolutely no problems with my car "Kermit". It has performed flawlessly since new. I continue to "sell" my car to others who are in the market for a new one. I am sold on Hyundai!

Great Buy

by Jack from Madison, Wisconsin on Tue Sep 17 2013

I didn't know about cars.com. A relative recommended it to me, and even found the car. The ride is smooth, though it's a little unsteady in lane changes. It may just be that I'm getting used to it. The radio has Sirius XM until it expires. The sound is great, but I get a little tired of programmed listening. I prefer an actual radio show with a DJ, even with commercials, which I can tune out. Everyone I've talked to loves Hyundai.

Hyudai Accent 2012 model - dont buy

by worstCar I ever had from Fairfax on Wed Feb 01 2012

Hello Viewers, Please donot buy HYundai Accent 2012 GLS model. You dont know when Transmission fails for this car.. Hyundai service is worst... service guys just wipe thier hands without fixing the issue properly. next time , by any chance if you go to new service center they complain about the first service center machanics. Please never ever think of Hyundai Accent 2012 model car...

Perfect

by accent12 from Olympia, Wa on Sun Apr 08 2012

I'm having a great time with this car. It's the Accent sedan fully-loaded with Shiftronic. The value, quality, driveability, styling, performance and efficiency are first rate. I like how easy it drives. The cruise control is excellent. It has powerful HVAC. It averages 35-45 m.p.g. in eco-mode with very moderate driving. The trick is to go slow enough to get up to speed and maintain that speed and you'll definitely get 40 m.p.g. on the highway and in town about 35 m.p.g. I can't even get it to hydroplane with it's traction control on in the rain. When I do need more power and shift it, it has more than enough with the r.p.m.'s being at a higher amount to get the most torque. Even on the low-end I can't get worse than 28 m.p.g. It did take 3,000 miles to get the best efficiency on the break-in period. It was the best investment I've ever made in a car.

excellent overall

by Austin from Riverview, Florida on Mon Jan 30 2012

Excellent overall , professional service personnel and quality automobile. I would definitely recommend this car to a friend.

I should have listened to my friends

by Acommuter from Ut on Sun Apr 15 2012

I bought this car with 12 miles on it. It was brand new. I drove it to school the first day and the transmission started to have trouble shifting. It lost alot of its power. I took it to the dealership and the guy was like ha ha you are not the only one with that problem. Then i left it there for 3 hours to be fixed. They didn't even tell me what was wrong with the car. All my friends told me not to buy this car....

CAVEAT: Locks/unlocks from driver's door ONLY

by Dismayed in PA from Pittsburgh, PA on Mon Jul 14 2014

Have had this car less than a week, so can't assess much but have been very unpleasantly surprised to find it can only be unlocked -- AND LOCKED! -- from driver's door. Extremely inconvenient. Wish I'd known that before, as the main reason I must have a car is to ferry elderly relatives to doctor's appointments, grocery trips, etc. "Hang on to your walker, mom, while I run around to lock the car?.." After plunking down a down-payment, taxes, registration, etc., I am now going to have to spend a few hundred bucks to get a keyless entry, which I don't need. Why couldn't Hyundai spend another 30 cents and install a passenger-side keyhole and lock?

Ms. Stacey

by Black car favorable from Norwich, Connecticut on Mon Apr 25 2016

Smooth ride, engine so quiet wasn't sure it was running at a stop light lol! Nice car to look at, 4 cylinder is great on gas, and easy on the wallet. The salesman was pleasant, the manager offered us cold bottles of water, while we waited. We weren't made to feel stupid, or uneducated with the questions we were asking, and my boyfriend received $100 for referring me to Hyundai, he recently purchased his own Accent, less than a year ago.

Nice car, but not for Wisconsin

by Milkman from Cleveland WI on Fri Mar 02 2012

We bought this car for its size and for its fuel mileage. We were very happy with the car until our typical Wisconsin winter came in. The car drove great on dry pavement. But once you hit any kind of snow or ice , the car got a mind of its own. If you are driving along and have it where some snow blew across the road, you had to watch out, the cars back end would swing from side to side. We took it in to get aligned and some better tires put on it, but that did not help much either. I would buy one again, but only after I move to South America.

Does not recommend this car!!

Very unreliable....transmission on the manual

by jd_Disappointed from Dallas, TX on Sat Apr 28 2012

I cannot make a claim on the automatic. However, having over 20 years driving manual vehicles from Prelude, Civic, and Mazda 626, as well as been a driver in the military, this is the worst performing car ever driven. MAJOR ISSUES: Years of driving manual vehicles, this is the 1st and only one which I have experienced issues acceleration from a complete stop, as well as a steep slope.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Our Take on the 2012 Hyundai Accent

Editor’s note: Estimated mileage ratings have been lowered to reflect a November 2012 EPA audit of this car’s stated mileage.

A few years ago the subcompact class was supposed to take over the auto industry. There was a slew of small cars with low sticker prices and decent efficiency, power and features. While all of them got you to Point B, few did so as a complete package, and the segment as a whole didn’t set the world afire, even with high gas prices. Hyundai’s Accent was at the rear of the pack, and for 2012 the company has completely redesigned its entry-level offering.

The Accent now runs away from the rest of the segment in terms of value and features.

The bulbous two-door... Read More