2013 Elantra

2013 Hyundai Elantra

2013 Hyundai Elantra

4.4

Have You Driven the 2013 Hyundai Elantra?

Japanese automakers take note....

by Skipper from Colorado Springs, CO on Mon Sep 10 2012

Hyundai has a winner not just with the Elantra but with all of their vehicles. They are just making very, very good cars now. I was initially looking for a high mpg used car but found the prices to be way over-inflated. The Elantra was exactly what I was looking for (less than $20K with 35+mpg). Have had the car for a week and like it more every time I drive it. Especially now that I am creeping up on 37mpg with 75/25 hwy/city driving. The car looks sporty and is very comfortable for us taller drivers. All of the extras you get with the base model are fantastic and should be a source of angst for Honda and Toyota.

Great Little Car!

by Homer's Twin from Arizona on Mon Mar 11 2013

We traded in our Ford Escape last month for a 2013 Elantra. Price was only $19.5K, so we expected some shortcomings, but have been overall pleased with it! Pros: While it is a small car, it is roomy for two upfront. It is styli hams has a lot of standard safety features. Mileage has been great: we saw 37 mph on the highway on a recent trip, and have been getting around 30 mph in the small city we live in (using the economy mode). The Elantra is very agile making parking a breeze. Trunk is roomy and the cargo net is really handy to keep groceries in place. Cons. Our biggest complaint with the Elantra is the road & wind noise that starts around 60 mph ’ it sounds like a window has been cracked open a little. Acceleration is nothing great. The ride is a bit firm when hitting bumps, but this is not unusual for a light-weight vehicle. Although most car manufacturers are not putting spare tires & jacks in their lower-end cars, we still don’t like it. Things to get used to: the large sloping windshield creates a lot of heat in the desert, so we’ve been using the AC on sunny days when the outside temp was in the low 60s. The width and location of the windshield frame can partially obstruct the driver’s view so you have to be extra vigilant. Noteworthy: the five year or 60,000 mile warranty is not bumper to bumper ’ it is a limited warranty. For example the audio system and paint is only covered for 3 years/36,000 miles.

Great small car

by Golfer from Clovis, California on Sun Dec 09 2012

Easy to drive, great gas milage and very comfortable. Base model has many great features other cars do not. Such as heated front seats.

2013 Elantra

by Reliarick from Maryland on Wed Aug 07 2013

A very good vehicle for the money. You have a lot of standard feature that would be an option to other cars like heat seat, fog light, auto-dim back mirror, alloy wheel and many more. Something I don't get used to at beginning was the steering wheel is lighter, gas pedal is heavier than my other car. After drive a certain period. I already used to it. It also has some downsides. Such as the A/C is cooling slower than my other cars. Insulation not that good. Once you turn off the AC. It turns cold or hot very fast in winter and summer. The gas seems not completely combustion (checked the exhaust pipe and your finger gets dark). Mileage not as good as mentioned. Other than these, it is a good car worth t own.

My second new Hyundai

by Jack Daye from Mid-Coast Maine on Sun Mar 10 2013

The last new car I bought was a Hyundai Accent. It was a well built (with a very few minor exceptions) car that delivered 175K miles trouble-free. Having just received a raise at work and wanting something that looked a little snappier, I thought about the same maker's line of products. Two friends drive Elantras, both 2012 and one of them gave me a ride once. I was impressed with the look and feel of this vehicle. When I decided to buy one, I shopped for the best price and when I took delivery, the salesman kept showing me features that I hadn't dreamed of having. I was after an economy car, afterall. But Sattelite radio and bluetooth, traction control, ABS,more airbags than I believed possible and even tire pressure warnings blew me away! The car is comfortable, responsive, beautifully styled and a pure pleasure to own. The only drawback is the name is kinda stupid, psuedo elegant, but I'm transcending that flaw. Call me totally satisfied.

Very Happy

by Red from on Mon Apr 01 2013

We upgraded from a 2001 Chevy Prism, and couldn't be happier with this car. It gets slightly better gas mileage than our old car (which also had great gas mileage), and came with a host of very nice features. It is remarkably comfortable: the seats are designed perfectly with great back support. Everything is placed intuitively within the car. The wheel grip is molded to be perfectly comfortable, the climate and other control features are clear, simple to use, and in places comfortable and, again, intuitive to reach. The handling is remarkable. I just took it for an across state road trip in a winter weather advisory and my wife slept the whole way. It seems to know what you want to do before you do it. It seems to respond when you hit pot holes or other traction differentials, like slushy roads. The styling is beautiful. We went with Atlantic Blue, which just shines when the sun hits it. The interior is very stylish with pattern accents on the interior that really make the car stand out. The consol lights up all blue in an elegant, eye-pleasing design that provides all the information you need in easy to see places. Needless to say, we love it. I can't imagine any car beating its value for the price.

2013 Elantra Continued

by litesong from Washington state on Fri Jan 01 2016

This is an update to a previous review about 2+ years ago. With 31,000 miles, our Venetian Red auto Elantra has no repairs, drives excellent, averaging 39mpg with 15% city driving, featherfooting, & burning 100% ethanol-free gasoline(E0). Highs have been 43mpg. Think the auto tranny would deliver 45+mpg on a long trip. The Elantra now is driven by a relative, when her old car gave up, & she loves it. We then bought a 2016 manual Venetian Red Elantra & it is great, too. However, the 2013 Elantra Hankook tires, even with extremely careful driving have worn almost to the wear bars & we replaced them with Goodyear Comfort Touring tires. Sure hope to see 2 to 2.5 times better tire wear, but we'll see(another continued review in the future?). The new Goodyears perform like the old Hankooks, for smoothness & noise, but with a bit more responsive grip in corners (again, with easy driving). Initial Goodyear computer mpg seems to read about as well as the Hankooks which were LRR tires, but time will tell.

mixed bag, average rating

by bad brad from Winston Salem NC on Thu Feb 27 2020

Purchased at 46k miles, now at 85k. This car has been reliable, though this is exactly the period in the car's life when it SHOULD be reliable, so we'll see how it does going forward.... Smooth transmission, geared nicely for mid-range power; comfortable seats. Cons: 1.) solid rear axle makes it feel like your driving a truck when you go over bumps 2.) city MPG 15 to 20 percent below estimate 3.) moisture somehow gets in my car and fogs things up from the inside when it both rains and is windy. Can't figure out how it's getting in, but supposedly this car has never been in an accident so I can only blame Hyundai.... 4.) I smell gasoline sometimes upon starting up my car, though it goes away once I start driving - fuel pump issue? 5.) poor passing-lane power on the highway

Does not recommend this car!!

good car, but watch who you deal with

by burt from hamilton, New Jersey on Wed Aug 14 2013

Although I am pleased with my Elantra, I did not have a very pleasant buying experience. Most of them were loaded with extra I felt I didn't need or want, and they were out of the colors I preferred. Nevertheless, this is a lot of car for the money. The engine is peppy enough, air conditioner works well, and I have been averaging about 30 mpg. thus far. Prospective buyers should be aware that the car does not come equipped with either a full spare tire or a doughnut, something that none of the salespeople felt they needed to mention. Make sure you ask whether they have doughnuts in stock before you agree to visit the dealership.

Best new car on the planet

by Elantra Car of the Future from Daphne, AL on Wed Jun 13 2012

This car is awesome, not only does it get great gas mileage, it is the best looking car out there. and it doesn't sacrifice rear seat space which most other small fuel efficient cars do. room for 3 sets of clubs in the trunk. Along with more then enough HP to merge onto the interstate.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 32

Our Take on the 2013 Hyundai Elantra

Editor’s note: Estimated mileage ratings have been lowered to reflect a Nov. 2012 EPA audit of this car’s stated mileage.

The new 2013 Hyundai Elantra coupe provides the same fuel-efficient driving experience as its sedan counterpart, and it doesn’t sacrifice much backseat comfort or cargo room.

The Elantra coupe is one of two new body styles joining the Hyundai Elantra lineup for the 2013 model year. The Elantra GT hatchback, based on a different, European platform, is the other. To see the body styles (two-door or five-door) compared, click here. The sedan is reviewed here.

The Elantra coupe starts at $18,220 including a $775 destination charge, but our uplevel SE test... Read More