2013 Elantra

2013 Hyundai Elantra

2013 Hyundai Elantra

4.4

Have you driven the 2013 Hyundai Elantra?

Never thought I would have bought this car

by Neverwouldhavedrivenhyundai from Lancaster, PA on Fri Nov 08 2013

My wife and I had a 2001 Hyundai Elantra that I hated. It was real junk. My wife's car was hit while parked a few months ago and they gave us an Elantra (2012) as a rental. I actually argued that I wasn't gonna drive it, but had no choice. When I started driving the rental I was blown away. Smooth ride, comfortable interior (I'm a big dude), nice stereo with ipod controls and satellite radio, Bluetooth hands free phone system, steering wheel controls, alloy wheels, decent gas mileage, and I had a lot of compliments on it. I actually got embarrassed to say that it "was only a rental." I liked it so much that I traded my Tacoma on a 2013. I doubled my gas mileage, cut my payments in half, and got a ton more features. My only real negative comment is at higher speeds it tends to not handle as tight to the road as it does on the back roads around my small town.

Great car for what it is

by No name from Bellingham Wa on Thu Oct 10 2013

If you are looking for a very affordable new car with great gas mileage, a nice exterior design and comfortable ride you can't go wrong with an Elantra. One of the best in its class.

Great small car

by Golfer from Clovis, California on Sun Dec 09 2012

Easy to drive, great gas milage and very comfortable. Base model has many great features other cars do not. Such as heated front seats.

Japanese automakers take note....

by Skipper from Colorado Springs, CO on Mon Sep 10 2012

Hyundai has a winner not just with the Elantra but with all of their vehicles. They are just making very, very good cars now. I was initially looking for a high mpg used car but found the prices to be way over-inflated. The Elantra was exactly what I was looking for (less than $20K with 35+mpg). Have had the car for a week and like it more every time I drive it. Especially now that I am creeping up on 37mpg with 75/25 hwy/city driving. The car looks sporty and is very comfortable for us taller drivers. All of the extras you get with the base model are fantastic and should be a source of angst for Honda and Toyota.

2013 Hyundai Elantra Coupe

by TylerC from Largo, FL on Mon Mar 20 2017

I purchased this car as a certified used vehicle for $10,000 with only 35,000miles in 2015. After owing the car for two years I can say that this car far exceeds my expectations of what I would get for such a cheap car. While the 1.8L engine clearly is made for fuel economy, if you pair it with the six speed manual like I did you will never have a problem getting up to speed in a reasonable amount of time. As far as the interior goes it is obviously going to have a lot of plastic being an economy car, but as for ergonomics go, everything is laid out quite nicely. I would definitely recommend this car to someone looking for an inexpensive car to use for commuting

Greatest buying experience

by style and value motorist from Orange, California on Wed Nov 06 2013

The buying experience at Hardin Hyundai is FANTASTIC. I test drove, negotiated and completed my purchase in about one hour and twenty minutes. In the past at other makers dealerships, this has taken many long tiring hours PLUS my Elantra is very nice. Only problem is ... I don't like. the new car smell!! But it went after a few days.

2013 Elantra

by Reliarick from Maryland on Wed Aug 07 2013

A very good vehicle for the money. You have a lot of standard feature that would be an option to other cars like heat seat, fog light, auto-dim back mirror, alloy wheel and many more. Something I don't get used to at beginning was the steering wheel is lighter, gas pedal is heavier than my other car. After drive a certain period. I already used to it. It also has some downsides. Such as the A/C is cooling slower than my other cars. Insulation not that good. Once you turn off the AC. It turns cold or hot very fast in winter and summer. The gas seems not completely combustion (checked the exhaust pipe and your finger gets dark). Mileage not as good as mentioned. Other than these, it is a good car worth t own.

Great Little Car!

by Homer's Twin from Arizona on Mon Mar 11 2013

We traded in our Ford Escape last month for a 2013 Elantra. Price was only $19.5K, so we expected some shortcomings, but have been overall pleased with it! Pros: While it is a small car, it is roomy for two upfront. It is styli hams has a lot of standard safety features. Mileage has been great: we saw 37 mph on the highway on a recent trip, and have been getting around 30 mph in the small city we live in (using the economy mode). The Elantra is very agile making parking a breeze. Trunk is roomy and the cargo net is really handy to keep groceries in place. Cons. Our biggest complaint with the Elantra is the road & wind noise that starts around 60 mph ? it sounds like a window has been cracked open a little. Acceleration is nothing great. The ride is a bit firm when hitting bumps, but this is not unusual for a light-weight vehicle. Although most car manufacturers are not putting spare tires & jacks in their lower-end cars, we still don?t like it. Things to get used to: the large sloping windshield creates a lot of heat in the desert, so we?ve been using the AC on sunny days when the outside temp was in the low 60s. The width and location of the windshield frame can partially obstruct the driver?s view so you have to be extra vigilant. Noteworthy: the five year or 60,000 mile warranty is not bumper to bumper ? it is a limited warranty. For example the audio system and paint is only covered for 3 years/36,000 miles.

My second new Hyundai

by Jack Daye from Mid-Coast Maine on Sun Mar 10 2013

The last new car I bought was a Hyundai Accent. It was a well built (with a very few minor exceptions) car that delivered 175K miles trouble-free. Having just received a raise at work and wanting something that looked a little snappier, I thought about the same maker's line of products. Two friends drive Elantras, both 2012 and one of them gave me a ride once. I was impressed with the look and feel of this vehicle. When I decided to buy one, I shopped for the best price and when I took delivery, the salesman kept showing me features that I hadn't dreamed of having. I was after an economy car, afterall. But Sattelite radio and bluetooth, traction control, ABS,more airbags than I believed possible and even tire pressure warnings blew me away! The car is comfortable, responsive, beautifully styled and a pure pleasure to own. The only drawback is the name is kinda stupid, psuedo elegant, but I'm transcending that flaw. Call me totally satisfied.

2013 Elantra Continued

by litesong from Washington state on Fri Jan 01 2016

This is an update to a previous review about 2+ years ago. With 31,000 miles, our Venetian Red auto Elantra has no repairs, drives excellent, averaging 39mpg with 15% city driving, featherfooting, & burning 100% ethanol-free gasoline(E0). Highs have been 43mpg. Think the auto tranny would deliver 45+mpg on a long trip. The Elantra now is driven by a relative, when her old car gave up, & she loves it. We then bought a 2016 manual Venetian Red Elantra & it is great, too. However, the 2013 Elantra Hankook tires, even with extremely careful driving have worn almost to the wear bars & we replaced them with Goodyear Comfort Touring tires. Sure hope to see 2 to 2.5 times better tire wear, but we'll see(another continued review in the future?). The new Goodyears perform like the old Hankooks, for smoothness & noise, but with a bit more responsive grip in corners (again, with easy driving). Initial Goodyear computer mpg seems to read about as well as the Hankooks which were LRR tires, but time will tell.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 26

Our Take on the 2013 Hyundai Elantra

Editor's note: Estimated mileage ratings have been lowered to reflect a Nov. 2012 EPA audit of this car's stated mileage.

The new 2013 Hyundai Elantra coupe provides the same fuel-efficient driving experience as its sedan counterpart, and it doesn't sacrifice much backseat comfort or cargo room.

The Elantra coupe is one of two new body styles joining the Hyundai Elantra lineup for the 2013 model year. The Elantra GT hatchback, based on a different, European platform, is the other. To see the body styles (two-door or five-door) compared, click here. The sedan is reviewed here.

The Elantra coupe starts at $18,220 including a $775 destination charge, but our uplevel SE... Read More