2016 Elantra

2016 Hyundai Elantra

2016 Hyundai Elantra

Have You Driven the 2016 Hyundai Elantra?

Continued Review 2016 Manual Red Elantra

by litesong from on Wed Nov 11 2015

Our love increases for the 2016 manual Elantra. A day trip to the Washington state Pacific ocean, with stops for views, pix & beach walks, travel over hilly country & some I-5 stop&go travel, still gave 46mpg with 100% ethanol-free gasoline(E0). Another trip to the Oregon ocean with another person, lots of luggage, bigger hills & passes, & several days town travel, turned a good 41mpg w/E0. The 2016 engine is smoother & very much quieter than our auto 2013. On the new "quiet pavements", we mistake our Elantra for a limousine. It took 5 years, but the engine is lovely now. The steering is more precise than the 2013, also. The 2011 Elantra look, much praised, but sometimes thought to be a tiring look, has become a classic look, the 2016 version still gaining admiration. Styling copied by many manufacturers, Elantra has never been matched or excelled. Probably beyond 2020, the aging Elantra will still be considered a "looker". Before the re-styled 2017 Elantra appears,& not advertised at all, the color, steering & engine improvements really increase Elantra value, making the last 2016 Elantra of its era, the best of the bunch, despite the other manufacturers passing the old Elantra in tech improvements.

2016 manual Elantra as excellent as our auto 2013!

by litesong from Everett, WA on Sun Jul 12 2015

Got a stripped manual RED 2016 Elantra that doesn't feel like a stripped car. Got a/c, cruise control, auto dimming review mirrow(wi/compass), & sunglasses holder. Don't need the other toys that people want.The manual 6speed tranny feels good & easily shifts for feather foot high mpg performance. Tho my wife has bad stop & go commuter traffic, she prefers the RED manual over our RED 2013 automatic Elantra. Tho the colors say they are the same, our new 2016 has a deeper, more excellent color. With equal amounts of bad traffic & clear highway travel, 2016 manual is getting 36+mpg, burning 100% ethanol-free gasoline. One problem with the manual tranny is the engine is so quiet at low rpms, first gear engagement for high mpg is hard to evaluate, but I'm getting used to it. The beautiful Elantra hit homeruns when introduced in 2011 & is still hitting homeruns in the 2016 addition. Always said if Elantra looks were changed much, it would be detrimental to sales. Glad they let the classy Elantra look continue for many years. Tho engine is quiet(with ethanol-free gasoline), tire & road noise is bothersome, altho new "quiet" pavements dramatically decrease small car noise. For a small non-diesel, non-hybrid car, Elantra has the widest rear seat shoulder room of any car getting near 40mpg.

I'm still Getting to know it

by Just me from Palm Harbor, FL on Sat Oct 31 2015

Enjoying it so far. There are always a couple of things that you notice - like no change holder; The arm rest doesn't have a top opening section. It's a pretty good ride.

Good choice

by Cape Cod driver from East Falmouth, MA on Sun Jul 12 2015

We rented one last winter. We liked that car so much we decided to replace our old car with a Hyundai Elantra. We are very pleased with the mileage too.

Great car enjoy very mch

by Littlebit TN from Manchester on Mon Jun 12 2017

What I like most is the get up and go this car offers. It is very roomy on inside, seats are comfortable, everyone in backseat are amazed at the legroom it offers. Looks rich on outside but very reasonable pricing.Love my 2016 Elantra is wonderful.

My newest car

by Deb from Monroe, NJ on Mon Apr 18 2016

Great handling, surprisingly quick, great mileage. Great sporty look. Excellent value. I'm a happy girl

A good value!

by DragonNest from Montgomery, AL on Tue Jul 07 2020

I bought the 2016 Elantra used in 2017 with about 30k miles on it, so I've driven it for 40k miles so far. I get great mileage, I average around 28-32 mpg. The only mechanical issue it has had was an O2 sensor failure around 55k miles, it was replaced for free under warranty. I've also hit some road debris in it and cracked the front bumper and radiator cover. It didn't look that bad, but the body shop had to replace the entire front bumper due to how the clips on it are (a 3k repair wohoo). It's a little zippy car, speeds up great and great at stopping. It turns very sharp, great to swing into a parking spot. The trunk is very roomy, I've never had an issue with space. I'm pretty short at 5'2", and I find the cabin quite comfortable. The seats are forgiving, no tears or stains. The vinyl inside will mar if you vacuum it too aggressively at the carwash. Oops. It's a basic car, no backup camera or Bluetooth sadly. I think the speakers are fine, but I'm not a picky sound system type. The USB charging ports are junk, but I've found that to be universal in most cars. It's a very reliable, zippy, and an overall great car. The only downside I've run into is that the air conditioner really struggles in the Alabama hot hot humid weather. It gets cold for sure in the 80's, but when you get into the 90's and 100's it's lackluster. The air blowing on my face gets cold by time I leave the parking lot, but the car doesn't really cool down for another 20 minutes. Meanwhile it heats up super fast sitting in the parking lot for 2 minutes hah. The heat however works like a charm and warms the whole car quickly in Alabama winter. It also gets nice and cozy sitting in the sun in the winter time. I'd totally recommend this car for anyone looking for a reliable vehicle with good safety ratings, good gas mileage, not many bells and whistles, and some zip!

Definitely a reliable car hands down.

by Revdeecee from Carbondale, IL on Thu Jun 29 2017

This is exactly what the doctor ordered for me. Enough room for me and my four kids to ride comfortably along with showing soccer gear in the trunk, and amazing gas mileage. Love the eco mode. Two weeks worth of driving on one full tank! Smooth quiet ride. 2 12V sockets and a USB port, as well as Sirius XM radio. Love This Car!

I love this car

by Hyundai Elantra Lover from Miami,Fl on Sun Oct 21 2018

This car meets all my needs and plus I have leather seats which I’m loving and also it’s very reliable and great on gas n I’m averaging about 30.5-41 mpg doing mixed driving or highway driving and I love how everything is convenient and etc it’s a great buy for the money and will recommend to anyone looking for a great car and I have the bronze color which looks awesome on this car

Great, stylish affordable car!

by ALogan from on Sat May 27 2017

This car is really great! The gas mileage alone is worth it, but it has many other great features. A stylish body, a comfortable interior.. I'm tall and for a sporty car, there is plenty of room inside for me without hitting my head. My son who is already 5'10" has plenty of leg and head room in the back seat! The engine gives plenty of kick even with the eco setting on. I haven't had any problems at all with this car. I'd say it is definitely a car to consider if you're in the market!

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 16