Find out if this car is the best match for you.
2010 Elantra Touring

2010 Hyundai Elantra Touring

2010 Hyundai Elantra Touring

4.3

4 out of 5 stars Comfort
4 out of 5 stars Performance

Have You Driven the 2010 Hyundai Elantra Touring?

Practical and Attractive

by Bookworm from Brookline, MA on Wed Nov 03 2010

I chose this car because it has 65 cubic feet of cargo space and a comfortable ride. It has been getting about 29 miles per gallon. 5,000 miles into ownership, it has proven to be a hit. No bells and whistles, but for the price, I couldn't complain. Rides well and is very roomy inside.

Great Car for the Money !

by Marcel from Atlanta, Ga, on Thu Jul 15 2010

I traded in my 2007 Elantra Limited(blk pearl) for a 2010 Elantra Touring SE in ChiliPepper Red. I still get great gas milage and the room with the hatch is great for those weekend get aways or impulse buys on weekends. The Car handles great, as i thought it would be that lag with the wagon. My only concern woul dbe that they need to give the next generaton a power boost, but how fast can you go anyways. I love the sporty look and the attention it gets. I find it easier to back into parking spaces now !

Nice compact car

by Touringnc from Charlotte, NC on Tue Aug 17 2010

Bought in July SE 5spd manual Feels like it is built solid, handles great in turns, roomy and great features. Sometimes the engine could use some more hp but most times there is no problem. Ride could be a little harsh with the low profile tires but expected it.

Excellent car

by Cars from Chicago on Sat Sep 12 2009

Have owned this car for several months. The interior seems more like a higher priced car with soft touch dash and cloth on doors. The capacity with the back seats down is hugh. The only minor complaint is its a little rough on the bumps.

Great Buy!

by Jen from Pittsburgh, Pa on Fri Mar 05 2010

This is a great car at a great value. The drive is wonderful and the handling is very responsive. The cargo area of the hatchback is very roomy. Overall, I have only positive things to say about this car - it's great!!

Happy, happy, happy.

by Michael T from Denver,Colorado on Sun Apr 21 2013

I have a 2010 SE, Black Pearl with 17 in tires. Bought the car with 22k and 8 months later have 34k miles on it. It was noisy inside until I replaced the stock tires with a set of Continental Extreme Contact tires. What a difference. It is quiet inside, handles the bumps better and still corners well. I am 65 but still drive a bit spirited. I manually shift the 4 speed auto sometimes and that helps in the power dept. It's a nice looking car with ample room inside. Heated seats, moonroof are a nice touch. MPG is acceptable and I have had no issues. Hope to get many trouble free miles from it.

It's so cute

by Chili Pepper from Indianapolis, IN on Tue Oct 26 2010

This GLS Hyundai is a nice, nimble, economical car that suits my needs--besides being cute. I do mostly in-city driving and now I zip into parking places easily. The cargo space is a bit more generous than similar vehicles.

Still out on final decision

by Nanners from Chicago, IL on Sat Dec 01 2012

I just bought this car 3 months ago, used with 20,000 miles. My first problem is that when the sunroof is open, the car starts humming, annoyingly, once I hit 40mph. This is probably an easy fix. When I initially accelerate the engine hesitates or stutters. I don't know if this is common for this car. Another thing I have to have checked out. Lastly, when on certain highway surfaces, the tire noise is deafening. I think it has the original Korean tires. I'm hoping that better tires may fix the problem, unless it's something else inherent in the model. I'm still out yet with my decision on whether I like this car although I do love the spaciousness. It's perfect for my dog and hauling large items.

Great value with some issues

by tony from california on Fri Aug 08 2014

Good: better than expect handling, very nimble and enjoyable to drive. loads of standard features at this price. Now the not-so-good: Rattling noise in dashboard, I am kind of sensitive to noise so I opened the dash and fix it myself, turned out to be a dangling screw. The bluetooth is pain to use, I give up after a few tries. Tire noise is like crazy. The bad: Paint is thin as paper. 2nd gear is lack of power but pick up quickly from 3rd upward. Riding can be very busy, I 'm not sure if everyone will like it, even more busy than a Civic. Bottom line: with better tires this could be a very good choice offering lots of room and features at a very competitive price.

Owner's Opinion

by Mosmo the American from Long Island on Thu Sep 19 2013

I bought a used 2010 Elantra Touring SE for my wife. She should have a safe, economical and versatile car. It fits the need. It has airbags everywhere, all disk brakes, stability and traction control & every extra I could think of, like heated seats, heated mirrors, roof rack, moon roof and power everything. Even has the high tail lights like the Volvo's and Honda CR-V has, which reduce rear collisions by 7%. All the goodies. The vehicle is very roomy both front and back, even leg & head room. Very functional design. With seats down it hold lots of stuff like a minivan. It is a fun car to drive too. It has a firm ride & turns tightly. Pickup is adequate but certainly not exciting from the 2L engine and 4 speed automatic. I would like more pickup for my style of driving, but the trade off is that I get 25 mpg local and 34 highway. I'll take the gas savings over the thrills. I had it up to 100mph last week with no vibration and room for more on the pedal. I can hang my arm out the window when driving, unlike many other cars these days. Driving with just the rear windows down creates a annoying air fluttering that bothers the ears. My 2010 and 2013 Corolla had the same problem. If you crack open the front window it goes away. I like the car a lot and went out and purchased another 2010 Elantra Touring for myself, but I bought the GLS, which has less goodies but still has all the safety features. I recommend the vehicle for having the most value and functionality in it's class. If I was Hyundai and wanted to improve on it , I would build the car with a turbo for more power, make the tranny a 5 or 6 speed automatic instaed of 4 speed, make it flex fuel capable & add rubber to the bumpers to eliminate scratching and dinging. Crash test ratings are good too. I like it.

1 2 3

Our Take on the 2010 Hyundai Elantra Touring

Someday in the not so distant future, people will own more cars, not fewer.

There will be one they drive only on the weekends -- the family and boat in tow.

Then there will be a small two-seater that they'll putt along to work in every day -- at least those who still go to an office instead of telecommuting.

There may be other specialized family vehicles that promote efficiency and have specific purposes -- school dropoffs, grocery shopping and Friday-night-out vehicles.

Until then, something like the 2010 Hyundai Elantra Touring may have to do.

Far from perfect, the Elantra Touring joined the Hyundai family last year as a spinoff of the compact Elantra. In television terms the Elantra would be a successful... Read More