2015 Genesis Coupe

4.4 out of 5 starsInterior Design
4.8 out of 5 starsValue for the Money
4.2 out of 5 starsReliability

All Reviews

More fun than you should be allowed for the $$$

by CyFenton from Franklin, TN on March 26, 2017

The Genesis Coupe is a 3500 pound 350 HP V6 ball of pure fun. And for under $34k all in, it's the best value for the $$$ in it's class. If you are looking for an inexpensive enthusiast car, this is your ticket. It's every bit as nice as the similarly speced Infinity Q60 (51k) or the Nissan 370Z Nismo (42k). Super fun to drive and it gets plenty of looks as well. Comes with a track camber kit, should you choose to do a track day. Super agile handling and tons of torque make this car a great daily driver. It will get to 60 mph in 2nd gear! And I get a consistent 24MPG on the highway - almost the same as my Volvo S60. All in all - I love this car.

Great Performance for the money!!!

by track_junkie from Bellingham, MA on October 5, 2016

You cant beat the performance and options for the money. I am a BMW Guy and for the $28,000.00 I paid for my R-spec 6 speed I would have to pay upwards of $70,000.00 for a BMW 435i Coupe equipped the same way (Brembo Brakes, Torsen Diff, and race tuned suspension). I have experience on just about every race track in north America in a multitude of cars and this Hyundai really impressed me. I cant wait to get it on track!!!

Performance Super Bargain

by tonywa from Performance Super Bartqin on September 2, 2015

Just spent several days in a friend's 2014 3,8L R-Spec manual coupe carving mountain roads (Tail of the Dragon, Rattler, Cherhola Skyway, and many, many unnamed mountain back roads in the Smokies), The car was an absolute pleasure to drive. It has great torque, much better handling than expected (belying its weight), great braking from the Brembos (smooth and even). The car had 12K miles and was modded with a short shifter (which was needed) and a catback exhaust. I found the car completely livable on the interstate and very willing in the twisties. I think its a great car at a bargain price. You would be hard pressed to get a more practical performance coupe under 50K and these are available at 28K right now...... . For perspective, I own a Lotus Elan, an Austin Healey bugeye Sprite, a heavily modded R53 MINI and have owned a Lotus Elise, Lotus Europas, a Datsun 2000 roadster and an MGB GT. Hope this helps!

Wife's Play Toy

by Not a Car Guy from Houston, Texas on February 20, 2015

I'm not a car person. I just wanted to make that point clear. My wife has been driving kid cars (Caravans, Ford Flex) since our girls were young. (Now 24 and 26) I wanted here to get something fun to drive, she wanted a manual transmission, I didn't want to spend a lot of money. We looked at the Subaru, Scion and Genesis versions of coupes, and the power of the Hyundai won us over. For the car enthusiast, I think the handling of the Subaru and Scion are an advantage. For the person that drives a few miles a day, but occasionally likes to punch it, I don't think you can beat having 348 hp under the hood. I love the car.

Enthusiast dream car for far less $$$

by 4cebender from Brentwood Ca on December 7, 2017

Power, handling, recarro like seats, big red Brembos and styling to match. And you can see out of the car. As a former BMW, NSX, Corvette, SS396 Chevelle,GTO and MGB driver, this car outperforms them all, except maybe the 1993 NSX. One problem is the shift knob vibration which I fixed with some silicon adhesive. Also love the fact that they are quite rare and all these Mustang and Camaro owners wonder what kind of car it is.

great buy for the price

by bernard637 from ` on May 7, 2017

i owned this car and it has all the performance of a car valued at 10 grand more but all put in to a low cost car

Animal on the road

by Chef k from Brunswick ga on March 30, 2018

This car is a beast. It launches off the line and handles like a dream. I’ve roasted all sorts of vehicles. The shifting is like a hot knife through butter. This car is a chick magnet

Best car in it's class for the money

by Joe the car enthusiast from Pittsburgh, pa on March 14, 2017

Purchased a 3.8 R spec new, overall great car always receive compliments and out perform many who try to race me. Compared to other cars in its class, 370z v6 camaro, v6 challenger etc it's definitely the top as far as performance and comfort, only thing is I did drive the car quite aggressively (drifts donuts burnouts drag racing etc ) the first 6 months i owned it and the rear end differential and driveshaft blew on it and the dealer did not warranty so I had to pay 9000 out of pocket for that fix. But that's my fault for being hard on it because at the end of the day it still is a Hyundai, but after I fixed it no other major problems great car

Good, yet terrible

by Sports Car Buyer from New York on July 22, 2015

Recently I took my time to look into buying my second sports car. Overall I was looking for something that looked aggressive, yet could also back it up and not break while doing so. I drove multiple genesis coupes, 3 in total I believe. In my drives I found that the genesis was very comfortable for a sports car. Although the engine makes roughly 350bhp, It sure didn't feel like it. It felt like it was always waiting for something to kick in. I found the 8 speed semi-manual to be slow and unresponsive. The manual was a manual, it didn't liven it up much. I even would say I preferred the auto over it. All in all I was dissapointed. It isn't as nimble, or as fast as it looks to be. The interior was almost all plastic which really dissapointed me. It was certainly a looker from the outside though. In the end, after about 3 months of searching, i went with a 2016 Subaru WRX. More reliable, more nimble, and still fast enough to do whatever your heart desires.

Does not recommend this car!!

Nice car

by Abhi from Maywood on May 19, 2017

Nice car and the physical built is not worth the price Interiors can be improved. Performance is good and that can compensate other aspects

1 2