2016 Sonata Hybrid

4.8 out of 5 starsInterior Design
4.9 out of 5 starsReliability

The best road-trip ever!

by pzemlin from Southwest Washington state on August 18, 2015

I have never before submitted an automotive product review of any kind to any online forum. But when my 10 year old Toyota Matrix was sent to the body shop thanks to an uninsured driver my new car envy was ignited. I rented a 2016 base version of this Hyundai Sonata for a 1 week 2000 mile road trip from Portland Oregon to northern British Columbia BC Canada. We loaded its massive trunk with luggage for the four adults in the passenger cabin. We drove continuously for 22 hours stopping only for food and fuel. Then two days later did it again coming home. We all (including the back seat passengers) found the ride thoroughly comfortable and amazingly quiet. I found that the highway gas mileage according to the on board gauges ranged from 39.9 to 58 mpg* But when I used the old-school method of measuring miles driven in a 123 mile segment by fuel used the on dash mpg reading was 49.9 m but my calculated value was 44.8 mpg. Gas mileage was stellar on hilly highways and easily 45 to 50 mpg at non-interstate speeds of 50 to 55 mph. Passing power was responsive and I never felt limited by it. In closing at the time I rented this vehicle I had NO plans to replace my 10 year old Toyota. Three weeks later I am actively planning to buy this vehicle. I just want to wait to see the plug in version due out in a few weeks. I only wish this vehicle was offered in a wagon or hatch back model.

This car maes sense

by Florida Marv from Jensen Beach, FL on March 22, 2016

I avg 42.7 MPG combined city and highway I bought this car on Feb 18 and have yet to fill up. It's also true that I am retired and don't drive long distances for work. The interior is very nice and I appreciate the dual temperature AC controls. The exterior bodywork and LED lighting make a nice statement. I look forward to the 1100 mile drive to visit kids and grandkids and perhaps filling up once. Catch me on the I95 I'll be one driving a white 2016 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid..

Why would a German buy a Korean Car?

by 4ecoliteracy from California on November 28, 2015

This is the third Hyundai we have bought since 2010. If you find a better car value, buy it. I grew up with Mercedes and still have a 2005 BMW, but unless you like to pay extra for the emblem of a German engineered car you should do a side by side comparison and be amazed. The 2010 Genesis lacked the road handling but the 2016 Genesis filled that void and more. The 2016 Sonata Limited Hybrid give us 675 miles with a full tank and has all of the amenities of the larger cousin. The 100,000 mile warranty (upgrade to the 100,000 electronic warranty) gives me a peace of mind, and my wallet, too.

Best car I've ever owned 48 mpg sealed the deal

by Courtney from Bluffton SC on February 25, 2017

This car has all the bell's and whistles extremely fun to drive has cooled seats for hot Summers and heated seats for winter back up radar helps turn signal warning a great feature it's also very stylish looking

Best Overall Car I Have Owned

by John - Florida from on December 12, 2016

I have had this car for 4 months now and have zero complaints. I have the 2016 Sonata Hybrid Limited and it does everything well. The styling (in my opinion) is excellent, the performance, while not sports car like, is on par with other sedans I have driven. The ride comfort is second to none, especially with the heated AND cooled seats. The seat position has two memory settings that are easy to set. The only complaint I think I would have is the cruise control. I was used to holding the cruise control until my car's speed got to where I wanted then releasing it at speed. This cruise control goes up in single digits then starts going up in 5 Mph increments while the car is going 1 to 2 Mph per second. I found out the hard way as I stopped pushing the cruise control when I reached 55 Mph but my cruise was set at 90 Mph. Was I ever in shock. The other thing about cruise control is it is adaptive meaning if the car in front of me slows down, my car will automatically slow down as well and puts the brake lights on to alert other drivers. Anyway, once you get used to that, it is fine. I average between 42 Mpg and 48 Mpg in mixed around town driving in the Eco mode depending if I drive more aggressively or not. The sound system is excellent. The night time driving is excellent as I love the brightness of the entire road. At times people flash their bright on me thinking I have my brights on but it is not a big issue. I also love the auto dim headlights at night. I works great. I also use Android Auto which makes navigation much easier. I push the talk button on the steering wheel, and say directions to whatever place and it plots it for me where as the standard vehicle navigation is tricky at best. Also, I like the way you can add a second destination and Google Maps will automatically redraw the new destination and add it to your route. To sum it up, this car is a perfect car is you are looking for MPG and normal car performance, comfort, lots of Nanny functions, good sound system, and Styling.

Great Car for the money!

by John126w from Columbia, SC on November 5, 2017

I've owned this car for a month now and love it. Gas mileage is alittle less than advertised like every car. I've been averaging 38mpg with a mix of driving with about 1,300 miles. Expect to get between 38-40 on average. Love the interior, plenty of cup holding for the family, lots of leg room in front and rear, and nice big trunk. Exterior looks great, headlights are plenty bright to show the road, smart key is awesome, very little blind spot. Only quirky thing I don't like is the cruise control on this car. It seems to hunt for the right gear when on cruise sometimes. I set at 70mph and will sometimes accelerates to 73 on an uphill and go down to 67mph on a downhill. It doesn't really like to stay steady for some reason, not sure if it's the way the Hybrid is programmed to conserve gas but very annoying. Overall love the car and got a great deal on it since it was still new and dealerships are having trouble moving these. Hyundai is changing the body of the gas version and people don't seem to be buying the hybrid I guess waiting on it to change.

awasom

by dickbo from atlanta, ga on August 21, 2016

This car has everything, I couldn't be more pleased the color is different and the interior is great

Nice car

by Hybridclt from Charlotte NC on April 9, 2017

Very good hybrid car. Getting 47 mpg so far and just drove 1200 miles with in 3 weeks. Only problem is pick up and especially starting from signal.

600 miles to a tank!!

by buono170 from New Haven on May 5, 2017

Great car. Great gas mileage. Need I say more. And the batteries are LIFE TIME not 10 years. Like the competition.

I drive brand new 2016 sonata hybrid

by Mustafa Mamedov from Hartford CT on April 8, 2017

i love this car because it gives me great gas mileage 40 city 43 hwy it very quite when driven in electric mode, i suggest it for every one.

1 2 3