2016 Veloster

2016 Hyundai Veloster

2016 Hyundai Veloster

Have You Driven the 2016 Hyundai Veloster?

Veloster an "odd duck," in a good way

by revtip from Baton Rouge, Louisiana on Tue Jan 19 2016

I have named my new Veloster "Daffy" because it is an "odd duck" of a car. I mean that positively, though. It is a 3 door, 4 passenger sports car, which is a bit quirky. It has a 1.6 litre engine, a bit more than a lawnmower but with decent pep, largely due to its turbo boost. Gas mileage so far (a little over 500 miles) has been what I expected - 26 mpg city, 35 mpg hwy (one long trip). Comfort is okay, though it is a bit awkward to get in and out of the back seat from the driver's side. Entrance and exit to and from the driver's seat is somewhat tight for this 73 year old driver. So far I am pleased with the purchase. time will tell how reliable it is.

Great handling, great mileage, great looks

by Veteran sports car driver from Cincinnati (Florence, KY) on Mon Nov 12 2018

For $18K I bought the bottom of the line for my second V'ster. Great improvement over the first year. Handles great (don't believe the spoiled boy reviewers). Got the 6 speed manual. Now at 40K miles. Remove the air filter, replace with a K&H, or put in the ram air K&H kit. The change is unbelievable. Much faster off the line, and now you can hear the engine growl and or complain when you are in the wrong gear. Yes, you need to downshift to get the best performance up a hill, etc. but that's the fun of owning this car. I have no trouble passing or keeping up with almost every car on the highway. Mileage: for Cincinnati to northern New Jersey at an average speed of about 75 MPH up and down hills in places, I got 43.3 MPH average for the trip, which is normal for my car. Mid thirties around town. Take the headrests out of the back seat so you can see out the back. Throw away the inflation kit, keep the pump for your bicycle tires and put an Elantra tire and wheel, plus a jack in the well (fits perfectly). Past cars: Mustang, Mini Cooper S, TR-3. original Fiat 124, Miata (kept the Miata). Love the styling, the economy, the handling, the build quality, and the utility. Get one.

Linda Egger

by Fun ride from Spokane, Wa. on Mon Apr 17 2017

My new Veloster is a fun ride. It hugs the road like a dream at corners, turns , and intersections. Its far more roomy then it appears. Its a real headturner and I receive many compliments on the style. I'm a 71 year old female and feel very safe in it.....one of the best purchases I've ever made.

Love it!

by AshCo from Seattle, WA on Tue Mar 14 2017

I love this car so much. It is amazing and I love how it looks and drives. It handles well and it has a unique look. Everyone I've showed it to loves it as well.

Sassy Ride

by Bucky from Guelph, Ontario on Wed May 24 2017

Every time I even walk out to my car I get this crazy smile on my face. Most men decide later in life to get a Harley just for fun. Well this car is my "Harley". When you work hard for your money you want to get things that give you bang for your buck. This car is a joy to drive and has just enough "bells" to give a thrill when you drive it.

Hyundai Veloster 2016

by Veloster from on Sun Jun 11 2017

The exterior styling of this car is appealing as well as functional. However, the interior could use a little upgrading. The leather seating is rough and feels like a cheap leather jacket. The leather trim, however, is made from a smooth quality leather similar to the ones used on Ford's King Ranch's packages. As far as performance, the Veloster is perky, especially when the turbo kicks in. The brakes are very responsive and the steering pretty accurate. The dual clutch automatic transmission shifts faultlessly, but don't bother going into the semi-manual mode. However, the shift paddles look pretty cool. Thus far, the Veloster has been pretty reliable, and the 10 year power train warranty boosts my confidence level. Bottom line, this is not an Alfa Romeo or Nissan GT-R. So please, don't expect the same performance! As far as value goes, I got myself a turbo charged coupe loaded with all the extras including, sun roof, navigation package, technology upgrades and all the bells and whistles for less than $21000 after discounts and rebates!

Perfect mom car

by Mykayla Gill from Cincinnati oh on Wed Mar 29 2017

I got the turbo m/t, it's Amazing for a mommy who is used to sports cars. Has all the room and space I need. It's fun also. Leather is nice. It hugs you and is pretty quick.

Love My Veloster!

by Donna B from Central Mo on Mon Mar 26 2018

This car is not only fuel efficient, perfect size for commuters, but it came with a sports package. I love the panoramic sunroof! It's just the perfect car for me.

Trouble Free for 3 years. Oil changes only.

by ToledoTSI from Pinckney, Michigan on Thu Apr 04 2019

Thanks to its 6 speed, dual clutch, shift-able automatic, this car is the most fun I’ve had driving since the sports car I had in college. I chose it because I’m 6’ 2” and like the ease of entry a two door coupe, with its large driver door and the rearward positioning of the “B” pillar, affords. This quirky hatchback has that large driver door coupled with both a front and rear seat door on the passenger side.

Fun and sporty

by KSS from Tulsa, OK on Fri Apr 28 2017

I bought my sporty, small car after researching models for about 2 years. I loved the look of the Veloster and know the reliability of Hyundai. If you want the zip of a sports car go for the turbo! I went for the sunroof on a non-turbo version. The drive is a little rough---you're riding low to the road, and it is only a 4 seater---has a center drink console in the back. But I don't plan on hauling many others around! It has 3 doors and a hatchback. I can't vouch for the gas mileage yet.... My only concern about the car is getting used to the different visibility aspects. It is hard to look over your shoulder to check for cars in rear blind spots. The driver's side mirror does have a special rear view feature, I just need to get used to using it. I love this car and foresee fun driving in my future!

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11