2016 Veloster

4.6 out of 5 starsInterior Design
4.6 out of 5 starsValue for the Money
4.7 out of 5 starsReliability

All Reviews

Don't believe the car magazine reviews!

by MrTumTun from Tampa, FL on April 13, 2017

I'll start by saying this, I've owned a lot of cars....like a looooot. I'm also the stereotypical "car guy". I've worked as a technician, a service writer, a service writer, and an extended warranty claims adjuster. I've owned a truck, Jeep, BMW, two 350z's, a Mustang GT, and a 5th generation Camaro SS....and those are the only noteworthy ones. The others were boring sedans or "one foot in grave" mechanic specials. Beyond that, I've driven countless other vehicles, let's say, enthusiastically. I've owned my Veloster Turbo for just over a month now and I absolutely love this thing! Is it the fastest car I've ever driven, of course not. Is it more fun to drive than any other vehicle I've owned? Without question! And yes, that includes the Zs, Mustang, and Camaro. Beyond the "fun factor", this car is an incredible bang for the buck. It gets great gas mileage considering how often you'll keep your foot in it to keep boost rolling for the fun factor bits. As far as reliability is concerned, my work as a technician and extended warranty claims adjuster is my justification for rating it so high. In all my years of dealing with the repair of vehicles from practically every manufacturer out there, Kia/Hyundai always avoided the shops a bit more frequently. So much so that as a claims adjuster(2 years worth), I only saw TWO claims come through for a Hyundai/Kia. The repair? A $5 coupler and a couple hours of labor. To put that into perspective, I alone would handle Jaguar, Land Rover, BMW, Mercedes, GM, Ford, and Honda/Acura claims where each manufacturer would have a running total of somewhere around $50,000-$200,000 in repair costs to the tune of 20-500 individual claims housing thousands of repairs....within SIX MONTH! This car is absolutely fantastic. Huge fun-factor, great gas mileage, super reliable, and probably the best bang for the buck out there in terms of RELIABLE hot hatch. Absolutely love this car!

Veloster an "odd duck," in a good way

by revtip from Baton Rouge, Louisiana on January 19, 2016

I have named my new Veloster "Daffy" because it is an "odd duck" of a car. I mean that positively, though. It is a 3 door, 4 passenger sports car, which is a bit quirky. It has a 1.6 litre engine, a bit more than a lawnmower but with decent pep, largely due to its turbo boost. Gas mileage so far (a little over 500 miles) has been what I expected - 26 mpg city, 35 mpg hwy (one long trip). Comfort is okay, though it is a bit awkward to get in and out of the back seat from the driver's side. Entrance and exit to and from the driver's seat is somewhat tight for this 73 year old driver. So far I am pleased with the purchase. time will tell how reliable it is.

My kids and I were T-boned by a Ram truck!

by HipSoccerMom from Roseville, CA on May 9, 2017

I was hit on the drivers side. The car did its job. We have no injuries. Thank God! The insurance may total the vehicle due to the structure damage and airbags being deployed, based on the value and what I owe but the car withstood major impact and my 4 and 13 year old were shook up but didn't have a scratch. In addition to it style, features, upgrades and great gas mileage the Veloster Turbo is safe!

Love it!

by AshCo from Seattle, WA on March 14, 2017

I love this car so much. It is amazing and I love how it looks and drives. It handles well and it has a unique look. Everyone I've showed it to loves it as well.

Fun Little Ride

by UkeDuke from Santa Fe on April 23, 2017

The Veloster is on the list of "Recommended" vehicles by Consumer Reports, and it's easy to see why. This is a great little car with sporty styling, great economy, and reliability. And when it comes to features, Hyundai doesn't hold anything back on its standard equipment. The ride is definitely not plush, and can be a little choppy on rough streets, but on the highway, this puppy is much smoother, and flies up to highway speeds in nothing flat. At very low speeds (like parking or stop-and-go driving), the transmission is a little jumpy, and you have to keep your foot ready on the brake pedal for unexpected lunges. This may be an issue only during break-in - we shall see.

Perfect mom car

by Mykayla Gill from Cincinnati oh on March 29, 2017

I got the turbo m/t, it's Amazing for a mommy who is used to sports cars. Has all the room and space I need. It's fun also. Leather is nice. It hugs you and is pretty quick.

Linda Egger

by Fun ride from Spokane, Wa. on April 17, 2017

My new Veloster is a fun ride. It hugs the road like a dream at corners, turns , and intersections. Its far more roomy then it appears. Its a real headturner and I receive many compliments on the style. I'm a 71 year old female and feel very safe in it.....one of the best purchases I've ever made.

Beyond measure the best car I've owned

by Virgil from Thomasville ga on May 21, 2017

Plenty of room for the size and I'm 6' It's really an all around excellent buy for the money and tops in safety with a 5 star rating Every thing you could want is included with the turbo model.

Fun for a lease.

by amcarter from Indianapolis, IN on September 27, 2017

The longer you have it, the rougher the drive becomes. Weird noise comes from AC/heat and has on my 2013 as well.

Great car, fast, reliable, enjoyable

by Jdmotorz from Nj on September 14, 2017

The Amazing 2016 Hyundai Veloster Turbo, potent lightweight car with a powerful turbo in it, kicks and picks up with a tap on the gas pedal, everything works great, car is basically a race car, stock turbo whistles nicely and is noticeable, car handles great, has triptonic option, paddle shifters. Great car overall

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8