2016 QX50

2016 INFINITI QX50

2016 INFINITI QX50

Have you driven the 2016 INFINITI QX50?

Second infinite

by Mexican ride from Mesa, Arizona on Sun Mar 20 2016

I am satisfied with the overall performance. It is what I wanted especially in suze. The features are excellent inside the vehicle. The only drawback is the lack of luxury feeling of similar car prices. The seating and ride is a little hard, other then that, just an excellent choice.

Best car I've ever had ( and I've had Mercedes)

by Monica E from Longwood, FL on Tue May 23 2017

What a value! We wanted a luxury car and had never considered INFINITI. When we looked at it, we thought, wow this is a lot of car. Same features in a Mercedes or Lexus and better. Great thing is, most are standard features! I am so impressed by the handling, the look and the features.

Luxury vehicle packed with tech and power

by StrangeBrew13 from Medina, MN on Thu Apr 12 2018

I recently purchased a 2016 Infiniti Q50 with 8,000 miles on it. I was in a 2011 BMW X5 and was ready to move back to a sedan. I have driven many German imports through the years and was a bit hesitant to go with the Q50, but overall I'm VERY pleased with the decision. The car is very fun to drive, loaded with technology (although it takes a little getting used to the InTouch system, but once you do it's great), has great power (I have the 3.0t Sport with every option). If I were to add all the features on a german import (if they even offered them all) I would easily have paid $10k more. Overall, the car is great, looks good and drives really nice. While I haven't owned it that long, I literally have no complaints at this point. Very pleased with the purchase and would do it again in a heart beat!

Soul

by Zx14 ridere from St louis mo on Tue Feb 16 2016

Very nice roomy reliable car. Sporty underdate Kind comfortable plenty features. Perfect color scheme

Comfortable Ride

by ronkum from Chicago. IL on Mon Nov 16 2015

The 2016 QX50 is very comfortable, fast and beautiful. The power is there when you need it to pass any car on the highway. I took a test drive and quickly traded in my 2013 G37X. Although the 2013 G37X is also very fast but because of my height i really enjoy and feel more comfortable in the 2016 QX50. Wow, all i can say is if you are looking for a cross over SUV and a sports looking ride that is also luxury, then look no further just go for it and you will love it.

Infinity Lover

by napoleon from Columbia,SC on Tue Nov 10 2015

Typical Infinity quality and reliability. Never going back to american made brand. Great ride with longer wheel base and great technologt

My Infiniti is a very reliablr car.

by fordac from For on Fri May 05 2017

I find my car easy to drive, and park. It is eco and rides smooth. It is stylist and eye catching. It is easy on gas. The updated technology and sound are great.

A Beautiful, well designed car

by Dale from Glenville, NC on Sat Aug 12 2017

We had previously owned the FX-35 and then the EX-35. I would rate the QX-50 as the best of the three. Interior ride is quiet. Handling in our NC mountains is sharp and responsive- corners extremely well. I love the look of the QX-50 exterior- harks back to the FX-35/45 side view appearance- unique among crossovers in my opinion. The QX-50 is 5" longer than the EX-35 and sits somewhat higher- making for easier driving in new snow. The 19" wheel option further improves the looks and lifts the car a bit higher also.

Coupe Upgrade

by Jajisee from Charlottesville, VA on Fri Apr 06 2018

I had an 2010 Infiniti G37x for four years. Loved it, however getting golf clubs in and out and worse, a big suitcase was like fighting a snake in a phone booth. IF that car had had continental doors like the RX-8, would have been perfect. So I traded it in on a 2016 QX-50. Still growls, very similar interior, and putting suitcases and golf clubs (2-5 times a week) into the vehicle is now a breeze. A few features are different, eg. no interior trunk release as before. Psngr side airbag creases a bit obvious on the dash. But all in all, just right. Even a bit higher so easier to get in and out of, and a bit longer so smoother ride. I hope it lasts ten years or more!

Love look and driving my QX50 but

by LAChicklet from alozs Angelezs on Sun Jan 08 2017

I had the lower to the ground, smaller 2015 QX50 and loved it except that it was too low to the ground and a little small inside. I enthusiastically purchased the newly remodeled 2016. Everything I loved about the previous model remained the same-love the look, love driving it. This model however has defects and Infinity refuses to do anything about them. The heated seat on the drivers side is 4-8 degrees hotter than the passenger side. Some people may enjoy that but it is just too hot for me to be comfortable. I am constantly turning it off and on as I have lower back problems and the heated seat, if it worked properly, would provide relief. Infinity's response is that this is the way it was programmed in Japan. All of the other 2016 QX50's have the same problem therefore it is "normal" and there is nothing they can do unless Japan reprograms it/them. Additional problem is that the overall heating in the car has to be over 70 or more to go on. Additionally the car will indicate I have 50 plus miles of gas remaining and all of a sudden I am running out of gas. I am livid with the lack of response from Infinity. Their consumer people tell me the same thing as the dealership-this is normal because this is how it was programmed. They offer nothing to make up for the problems. I shall never buy another Infinity. I was very happy with all of my previous Toyotas and should have stuck with them.

Does not recommend this car!!

1 2

Our Take on the 2016 INFINITI QX50

The Verdict: The 2016 Infiniti QX50 offers great value in a luxury SUV, with pleasant driving dynamics to boot, but buyers looking for the latest styles will want to shop other stores.

Versus the Competition: It's not as big inside as its competitors, but it offers one of the most powerful engines in its class as standard equipment. It doesn't nickel-and-dime you for the most basic options, and it feels luxurious inside. The extra length added for 2016 makes the backseat tolerable, but cargo capacity and fuel economy still come up short.

The Infiniti QX50 is a compact SUV built off the company's entry-level rear-wheel-drive sedan, the Q50. It started life as the old EX35, then became the EX37 as... Read More