2000 Jaguar XJ8 consumer reviews

$55,950 starting MSRP
side view of 2000 XJ8 Jaguar
Explore the 2000 Jaguar XJ8

Unrivaled Elegance, Surprisingly Affordable

For over a decade I drove a 2000 Maxima, which I thought was the best-balanced sedan on the market. Until 2009, when I got a Jaguar XJ8 in excellent condition for a lower price than an equivalent Maxima. Zowie, what a jump in class and performance. The 2000 Jaguar XJ8, especially the Vanden Plas version, is not only a timeless beauty that attracts compliments from everyone, but also smoother and more powerful than the Maxima. Reliability is just as good, and even fuel economy is basically the same (17 mpg city, 24 mpg highway). The only slight complaint, believe it or not, is a fairly shallow trunk, although it is slightly deeper and wider. Ride and handling are superior.

Very good example of an older car

The vehicle is very nice for it's age. It has low mileage, it is comfortable, everything works and has plenty of leg room.

Hello

Magnificent !!!! Wonderful engineering....A well built automobile that really moves for its size and weight..... well appointed dashboard and easy reach to get to just about any accessory...

4.4

Beautiful Car

Had this car for 3 years now. It just hit 160k. The only major repair was the knock sensors. Would recommend this car to anyone. The best highway car I have ever owned. Have taken it to Banff numerous times.

4.3

This is my 5th Jag....what else is there to say.

I searched long and hard for the right deal to come along and it did. Thanks to Car.com (and others) for providing me with so many options to cloose from. I am very satified with the outcome.

3.0

$70,000 piece of junk

Do not buy this car until you read the horror stories regarding the problems with the timing chain tensioners total engine failures at barely 20,000 miles and no warranty coverage at all by ford who bought Jaguar. My jaguar had 41,000 miles on it when the tensioners got weak and started making noise it would cost me more to fix than it was worth so I had to trade it in.

4.3

reliable

i would ask a family or friend to buy one,because my car is strong. The car is a good value for your money

3.9

amazing but tricky

Overall it is a great car. The restricted performance issues were a bit tricky to work out but after figuring out what it was doing it all makes sense. Only runs on 93 octane and needs the plugs and gap to be exact. I don't like the plastic timing chain guides but haven't changed them yet. AJ-27 engine and read 365WHP on a dynojet

3.3

warning lights

restricted permission light, abs and check engine light that's quiet tough to configure or narrow down. But otherwise, wonderful car and demand respect on the road.