2002 Grand Cherokee

2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee

$859 - $7,979  MSRP Range
2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee

4.2

Have You Driven the 2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee?

Couldn't be Happier!

by ZZUBZERO from Denver on Sun Nov 15 2015

This car is amazingly comfortable, has plenty of get up and go, smooth ride, feels safe, stable, I will say I've only driven it 6,000 miles, had to replace the drivers side window regulator but after watching a you tube video on how to do it, it was a piece of cake. I'm telling you all this because I get it back from the body shop tomorrow.. A delivery truck rolled into it in a parking lot. I'll know more after I've driven it, but before,...... everything was great!

not just your grandmothers car

by never satisfied from KC, Mo on Tue Nov 20 2007

my grandma has had this "truck" for several years now, only needing to replace the brakes. great vehical for the money definatly, convincing me to purchase one my self. at first glance it is very stylish in it's own subtle ways, but put the pedal to the floor and subtle blows right out the window!

Most reliable car I have owned

by Jmc from Phila, pa on Thu Sep 26 2019

At 238382 miles, the 4.0 straight 6 engine and transmission seem as strong as ever. I have never broken down, same water pump, same alternator, very easy to repair or replace parts. I still use every day to work, 25 miles each way. I average about 17 miles a gallon. Great in the snow! It's a beast!

Nix the 8 cylinder

by Loyal JEEP owner from Rockford,IL on Wed Jul 08 2009

Bought my 02 Grand with 23K. Been a pleasure to drive and has great styling. I've had several issues...driver's PW went bad,heater issues,A/C issues. I pull a boat so I appreciate the 8 cylinder. But at 137K the motor had to be replaced $$. I've had JEEP 6 cylinders in the past and no problems with getting 200K. I've since heard when the 4.7 V8 hits 110K+ they have a tendency to go bad. The last four JEEPS I have owned have had the 6 cylinder and were top notch.

Looks brand new inside and out

by jeepsouthgirl from Seminole, FL on Sat Oct 29 2011

I have a 2002 Grand Cherokee with 67k miles and black leather interior. The interior looks as good as the day that I bought it. Even though I do not garage it due to clutter, the insides look fabulous! Even though repairs can be costly, they are few and far between. These cars are not smooth riding, but they are solid and comfortable. I have loved this one for the last 10 years and it has been there for me through thick and thin. Many fine memories are imbedded in this vehicle. Very nice sound system with fabulous sound and speakers.

Great SUV

by Cowboy from lynnwood WA on Tue Jan 04 2011

I bought my 6cyl 02 jeep 2 years ago and i haven't had any problems with it so far.I have done a lot of OFFROADing with it and the car is just amazing i also tow a boat with it.It's got lots of power very reliable and a very comfortable suv.

JUST BOUGHT USED, SO FAR, SO GOOD

by Musician from upstate NY on Fri Feb 27 2009

I saw this Jeep in a dealer lot, it has 77,000 miles, new brakes, rotors and tires. I gave it a test drive and loved it. I bought it. It's mint, in and out, except for the tailgate 'arm' on the right I had to replace, 18 bucks... no prob. I've had the jeep one week now and it's a beautiful vehicle, I'm so glad I bought it, handles great, everything is heavy duty, rugged and works perfect. I like the standard sound system, the seperate bass and treble slider controls are nice.. For standard, it's great and w/CD. It's perfect for me being a musician/guitarist, there's plenty of room in this jeep for all of my stuff and then some. I have lots of gear, amplifiers, cases, etc. So far so very good.. I will update in 2 months, when my warranty runs out. I love it!

third jeep, 02 grand cherokee SE

by chevy and jeep lover from nw corner CT on Sun May 18 2008

purchased used w/101,000 miles. have put about 1500 miles on it so far. Infinity 6 speaker w/cd changer and amplifier is the best audio i've heard for a stock system. the dual leather power heated seats are awesome and work great. 4.0 6 cylinder is a little underpowered but thats not a big deal, it's a tried and true motor. it seems that all of the problems are with the V8 models. Gas mileage is great. it handles more like a truck than a car but that's expected. my last jeep was a 96 grand cherokee bought used, just sold to my parents with 147,000 miles had to change some suspension parts and a sensor of coarse that's normal wear, before that i had an 88 cherokee that i bought used and drove until 257,000 then the transmission went everything else was fine. also many of my friends have had cherokees and grand cherokees w/ more miles

Love it, except....

by jer from Athens, OH on Thu Aug 05 2010

The 02 Jeep grand Cherokee Overland is exactly what i wanted in a car. It has all the features that I wanted and drives like a dream. Only problem is that it's in the shop every other week. It seems like something new and exciting is breaking off of it every day. Since I bought it, 1 1/2 years ago, I've put $2,800 extra into it. BTW, it had 48,000 miles and now has 60,000 miles, so I can't wait to see what starts falling apart on it once I get too 100k.

Does not recommend this car!!

Lots of Work

by LemonDriver from on Fri Jul 31 2009

I rated this car high on aesthetics and comfort but that's about its only redeeming value in my mind. I am continually pumping money into this hunk of junk. I have almost two years left on my loan and am NOT a happy camper. I'm freaked out wondering what is going to break next on it. More repairs than ANY car I've ever owned!!!

Does not recommend this car!!

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Our Take on the 2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee

There’s little doubt about the power of the Jeep name.

During World War II, foreign correspondent Ernie Pyle described the U.S. Army vehicle as being “faithful as a dog, as strong as a mule and as agile as a goat.” Gen. Dwight Eisenhower, Allied Supreme Commander in Europe, said after the war “the Jeep, the Dakota airplane and the landing craft were the three tools that won the war.”

The 2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland edition may be the SUV that wins over luxury import buyers. With a sticker price of nearly $40,000, the Overland is aimed at such popular foreign brands as the Mercedes-Benz ML320, Lexus RX300 and Acura MDX.

He: Funny that Jeep should resurrect... Read More