2012 Grand Cherokee

2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee

2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Have You Driven the 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee?

Snow Machine

by West Michigan Salesman from West Michigan on Mon Mar 30 2015

Let me start by letting all who read this that I sell cars for a living. I stepped into a 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited as my demo in January. The one I drove had the 5.7 Hemi. The first night I drove the Jeep was during a bad snowstorm. I had some reservations that the Jeep would perform as good as my Suburban. The Jeep was a rock solid performer in bad weather, and we had some real bad weather this year. I also really enjoyed the stereo. A little BB King goes a long way to make me feel better after a long day. The panoramic sunroof was a joy on the rare days we had sun. My least favorite part was the gas mileage. I expected near 20 but only got 16 as an average. I wish it would have been the v6.

Best Built Vehicle Ever

by Happy Camper from Pine City, NY on Sun May 27 2012

Our 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland Summit with all options and available packages cost far less than most of the vehicles we tested with much less in the way of features but a good $25,000 or more than our beloved JGC. The new Jeep is leaps and bounds better in every way than the '11 Ford Explorer we traded in after over a year of trouble (transmission), a non-working MY-Ford system and compromises in the way of comfort, room and sloppy handling. After an adult lifetime of driving Ford products, this GC has made us instant Jeep fans. The Hemi V8 is smooth and fast. The leather is top grade and very attractive on the seats, dashboard, doors and other areas of trim. We get compliments everywhere we go and the color choices inside and out (especially on the Overland Summit we chose). Not a flaw, not a blemish or single complaint. Jeep has come a long way and the model we have is equally as capable off-road as on the highway. Gas mileage on the Florida Turnpike with the dual zone air conditioning on the coolest setting was near 30 MPG and our 4x4 has that fabulous Hemi V8. We test drove the even more powerful SRT-8 model with the incredible 6.4 liter Hemi-8, but we think the more luxurious trim level we selected is the best of all worlds. If younger and a bit more daring, we might have driven home an SRT model, but we are extremely pleased and have indeed recommended this Jeep to friends, neighbors, coworkers and family. Those that actually followed our car buying advice are as happy with their new '12 Jeeps as are with ares.

Outstanding SUV

by SUV Enthusiast from Advance, NC on Thu Mar 01 2012

I bought the new 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee back in December 2011 . It was the Overland Summit model Rwd with a 6 cyl Pentastar engine. This vehicle is the most impressive vehicle I have ever owned in 40 years. This vehicle now comes standard with the 8 speed transmission and 23.1 mpg average is what I am getting in fuel consumption. The comfort, handling, and command of the road is truly awesome. The adaptive cruise control is remarkable. So many features and such a fine car. You must test drive this vehicle to see for yourself. This vehicle is in a class all by itself.

Very Impressed

by duffer from Hilton Head on Thu Aug 23 2012

The Cherokee was redesigned in 2011 and we bought the 2012 Grand Cherokee Overland. We traded in a 3 year old Lexus RX 350 and the Jeep rides as well, has far more advanced electronics and more bells and whistles for about $10,000 less. Traded in Lexus because of lack of legroom...however the seat was more comfortable than the Jeep. All in all I'd rate the Jeep higher and a better deal. Jury's out on resale value.

Perfect Fit

by Stevo from Illinois on Mon Jun 20 2016

I have 153,000 miles on my 2012 GC. It still works like the day I bought it. Very comfortable with plenty of headroom for my 6' 3" frame. All I have done is replace rear brake pads, new tires and have the oil changed every 7,000 miles

Love this car.

by J from on Thu Oct 22 2015

I just rolled over 30,000 miles on the jeep. I have had it since March of 2012. So I feel as though my review can be a fair one. I love this car. The ride, quality, and capability are amazing. I have a few problems here and there but nothing that hasn't been resolved. I would recommend this car to anyone. I have the V6 Laredo X package with the Command View roof. It just feels luxurious.

avoid

by Disappointed from Southeast on Mon Nov 04 2013

Issues started at 4k and continued ever since. It has been in the service center more than 8 times with four wheel drive issues, plus more. Going through painstaking process of buying back- will never buy another Chrysler product again. Lesson learned.

Does not recommend this car!!

Fun SUV to drive

by Sports car enthusiast from Chicagi, IL on Thu Aug 16 2012

I've owned many other SUV's over the years from BMW,to Acura MDX to Merceded ML and must say this vehicle is the most fun to drive... and if you like an SUV that moves.... then this is the one for... Handles like a sports car... only convern is if you are looking for gas mileage the SRT8 Grand Cerokee is not the one

Best Jeep ever made

by Happy Jeeper from Cairns, Australia on Fri Sep 14 2012

This is my second Jeep GC, my first was a 06 JGC with the 4.7 lt motor loved this car was great for towing my 2.4 ton van just a bit thirsty on the fuel.Now own the 2012 JGC diesel love the changes, power of the diesel fantastic quicker off the mark than the V8 and so quiet especially for a diesel, the fuel economy is such a big plus doing 7.8 to 8.6 litres/100 km which is about half of my previous Jeep and love the interior and exterior the of the outside shows such a presence on the road, also have the QL air suspension what a bonus press the park mode and the car has lowered itself down to make getting gear out of the back so easy and when you set it to sport mode to see and feel it also lower on the highway making it feel like your glued to the road. Such an easy and comfortable car to drive, auto headlights, auto wipers, auto high beams you just put it in gear and just drive, the car seems to do everything for you automatically even voice activated audio just talk and it changes from radio to the HDD or ipod or dial the phone. What a step up and great job Jeep and all at a great price, definately value for money if Jeep keeps going like this I will never own anything else but a Jeep.

Great new car.

by tkjd from Longmont, CO on Mon Jan 02 2012

Love my new Jeep. The extras are awesome. The back up camera is very nice. Still not getting the 23mpg on the HWY but getting around 18 -19 in town.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 14

Our Take on the 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee

When I first started driving 20 years ago, I had a few classmates whose parents bought them Jeep Grand Cherokees. That was at the very beginning of this vehicle's life, before SUVs ruled the road, and it was quite the status symbol back then. While today's version is masked by a pretty exterior and upscale finishes, the Grand Cherokee has sadly failed to evolve its ride quality enough to compete with others on the market. It's lost some of its modern relevance, especially for the families among us.

When it comes to driving character, the 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee seems to thumb its nose at most of the population, who spend more time on asphalt than they do crossing dry river beds.

The... Read More